Chapter -17 After a long time
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hold on to Bella.

"Hey, what is happening ?" I asked.

Bella: "How do I know?"

I went to the meeting room while she waited outside. There were both of my seniors Alfred, and Clementa. I stood straight.

Senior Alfred: "Don't act. At ease."

Alfred said strictly.

"I don't sir," I told him immediately.

Alfred chuckled

Alfred: "Sit down Charlie."

I took a chair down with them.

Alfred: "How is Fenri ?"

Alfred asked with a little fear. Well, I don't blame him. I did not believe he would survive too.

"Our personal doctor said that he suprisingly did not have any serious injuries that can be turned against us."

Both of them sighed.

Alfred: "Then we can safely set him up as evidence."

Alfred declared.

Clementa: "It would have been easier if he wasn't our decoy."

Clementa added.

Alfred: "What is done is done. We still don't know who he is, so nothing wrong in using is there?" Alfred argued.

"Yes mam, since he is very good at shooting and he is obeying," I added. She looked at him annoyingly.

Clementa: "Isn't that make you ring a bell?"

She looked at Alfred while pointing to me.

Alfred: "Calm down Clemen, We did all we could to find who he is."

She looked like she was not convinced, so he continued.

Alfred: "I and Charlie went on our own and found out that his face did not match any citizens or rebellions."

He looked at me as we both nodded.

Alfred: "Also, you contacted our government to know his face, What did you find?"

Clementa: "Nothing."

She replied.

Senoir Alfred: "Even after this, I let you take Fenri to the same drug gang from which he previously killed one. So what happened now? Mathew gets shot."

Alfred concluded. SHit, it is better not to talk back after that. And Senior Clementa did the same.

After a while, we all went out after a brief pause. I could see Bella in the corner of my eye. She is trying to hand sign...I will deal with her later.

Alfred: "Charlie."

Senior Alfred called me.

"Yes sir." As I replied, I saw Senior Clementa go to the record room.

Alfred: "When we can see Fenri?"

"We can see him even now Sir."

We both went to his temporary room. I first entered the room, he was sitting down in the seat and looking at the ceiling.

Charlie: "Fenri,"

I called him. He turned to me. After a second, he stood and straightened his posture.

Fenri: "Yes sir."

Alfred: "How is your health?" Senior asked.

Fenri: "It is fine, Sir. And sir I do not know any of them who tried to kill me, Sir."

He replied. Well, He already started to understand us.

Senior sat down.

Senior Alfred: "What were they talking about?"

Fenri: "The one I was holding with a gun came to kill me as I have killed his brother. But I did not know whose brother he was."

He replied. Huh, he did not know he killed only one?

Alfred: "Continue,"

Senior told. Senior doesn't seem to mind it.

Fenri: "After that, a big guy came out of the car and knocked out the gun from me and told to me that I will pay for the loss,"

He concluded.

Alfred: "Okay. Anything else to say?"

Senior asked. He did not say anything for some time. Senior stood up.

He spoke up.

Fenri: "Sir When would I have my painting again?"

I controlled my laughter.

Senoir Alfred: "The answer is same as before."

I could see Senior controlling his anger while telling that. We both went out.

We were walking in the corridor. I should go and check on Bella.

Alfred: "Charlie."

Senoir called me.

"Yes sir."

Alfred: "You are being too nice with him isn't it?"

Senior asked me seriously.

"No sir." I am confused. When am I-

Senoir Alfred: "You are."

He said sternly then he put his hand on elbow said

Senoir Alfred: "Becareful about that."

"Yes sir." I replied.

Senoir Alfred: "Now don't feed him for today. The glucose we gave is enough."

"Yes sir." I replied. Too much for a painting...

.

I went to see Bella. She was waiting for me with the food. I quietly sat behind her.

Bella: "Fuck!"

Bella yelled.

"What happened?" I asked.

Bella: "Nothing. You should announce."

She told as she started to open the wraps. Hmm there is no noodles.

"Where those noodles I told you?" I asked.

Bella: "Closed."

she ended with a single word.

Bella: "SO what happened?"

Eagerly she asked.

"Well the report was just okay. I met Fenri and he was also okay." I was thinking what to tell what not to.

"Come OoN you are always like this. Explain!"

she complained.

"Ah! I get yelled by senior Alfred, he said that I am being too kind with the decoy."

"Hmm" that was her response. Could have been supportive but okay.

Oh I can tell this. "But" I started with a smile which I could now see in her face. "When senior asked about the incident he started to he is narrating like a baby."

Bella: "What?"

She exclaimed. Even I had same reaction.

"He was so opposite of what I thought, with his skills and age it was so funny, you should have been there. He litrally said 'BIG Guy' knocked his gun." I laughed .

Bella: "But he looks badass!"

"That makes it even more funny and at the end when senior about to leave you know what he asked." I hyped her.

Bella: "Tell me."

"With straight posture and badass face, he says Sir pleese geve me the painting." I told her.

Bella: "HAHA!HA!"

she burst into laughters with little droplets in her eyes.

"I controlled my laughter there. if I will be dead If I laugh." I told. She continued.

THank GOD it worked. Mathew you owe me for this one.

.

After we ate we just sit for some time. Then we cleaned the table. Doing regular stuff.

It has been a long time we felt THIS relaxed.

We caught one leader without anyone dead and not to mention a decoy. We should have kept an party.

Well that might be an overkill.

1