Chapter 60: Tamashiro Naofumi and The Original Past [3]
254 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tamashiro Naofumi POV 

  

  

  

  

We finally arrive at the city, Vestir, the capital of the country of Riles. 

As soon as we arrived, we knew that something about the city was a bit off. 

The atmosphere of the city was heavy. 

Everyone looked tensed. 

They should be... 

At this moment, talk about a war brewing was in the mouth of every people in the city. 

Before we even arrive in Vestir we have been hearing rumors about the possibility of a war erupting versus the Holy Empire of Ecclesia. 

  

  

Rio and I were talking about this matter. 

“Do you think that Kazue’s reason for her visit to the capital city of Riles is related to the rumors about the war?” <Naofumi> 

“There is a high possibility that it is the case.” <Rio> 

“How the hell did Kazue end up entangled in such complicated matters? It’s a problem between countries you know?” <Rio> 

With this reasoning, the two of us became even more concerned with Kazue. 

  

  

In Vestir. 

The war between the Holy Empire of Ecclesia and the Great Nation Alliance was inevitable. 

People are not talking about “IF” the war starts, rather they are talking about “WHEN” the war starts. 

And as expected the war broke out. 

  

  

Because of several assassinations of high-ranking nobles and important figures who were trying to stop the war, it was too obvious that the other side was eager to fight. 

The top guns could not ignore this fact and decided to fight fire with fire. 

They could no longer stay silent as the other side was hostile. 

With this, the battle started. 

The Empire of Ecclesia marched forward and invaded Riles. 

  

  

The peace kept for years was broken and the war started. 

It was a bloody war. 

The fight between the 2 sides was too much for us to meddle with so we decided not to fight on the battlefield. 

You can call us cowards but... 

We are not the type of people who would stick our necks out to get in trouble. 

In the first place, we are individuals who have nothing to do with the conflict between the two sides. 

There was no reason for us to interfere in the battle. 

And even if we wanted to interfere we are just too weak to become a factor in this conflict. 

  

  

Unlike in our world, the war in this world is different. 

It was nothing similar to the wars we had in our world. 

There are impossibly powerful individuals on that battlefield who is capable of slaughtering thousands with a flick of their fingers. 

At that time, I and Rio were just an E-rank adventurer. 

There is no way in hell that the two of us could fight against those kinds of individuals who possess power that we can only imagine. 

Imagine, Son Goku in DZB fighting against Kirito in SAO. 

Without even much talk we already know who's going to win. 

  

  

The battle between those individuals would be detrimental to the result of the war itself. 

Honestly, I even wonder, why won’t those two countries just let those strong individuals fight in a tournament-like manner. 

A 1 v 1 battle and let the winner take it all. 

That is a perfect scenario to have some kind of tournament arc battle story to develop but the two sides chose to fight in an army vs army battle. 

If only they did do it that way, many unnecessary bloodsheds could have been avoided. 

But for some reason we don't understand, soldiers were sent to the front line of the battlefield to fight. 

Why? I don’t know either. 

  

  

Luckily our objective here is simple. 

We did not have to fight. 

We only have to find and reunite with Mizusawa Kazue and we know that she's somewhere here in Riles. 

We could only hope that she did not find herself fighting in the war. 

  

  

In hope of finding Mizusawa Kazue, we visited ground zero of the warzone. 

Around that time, the forces of Ecclesia seemed to have retreated and returned to their homeland. 

The war surprisingly ended just like that. 

It ended as fast as it started. 

The war had stopped, just like that. 

  

  

A certain course of events has forced the war to a halt and a stop. 

The war lasted for about a month. 

That length of time was enough to leave devastated, barren lands and many mountains of death. 

The time frame of battle seems to be too short for war, but in this world, a week of battles amongst individuals who have superpowers have ended. 

And of course, the aftermath was ugly. 

The war was left with destruction and death. 

  

  

Even though we were not on the frontlines, we can still see the aftermath of the battles that happened there. 

The battle transformed the land so that it has no resemblance to its appearance before. 

The land was carved as a result of the intense battle into the land. 

The land was devastated and has no sign of life. 

The land was either, torched, frozen, or muddled beyond recognition. 

Surprisingly enough it was easy to describe the overall state of the battlefield. 

The perfect description of the state of the battlefield right now is “dead”. 

  

  

The battlefield was transformed into a land of the dead. 

Not figuratively but literally, the land has become the land of the dead. 

The land was so contaminated by the magic and curses of the fallen warriors that fought on the battlefield. 

This created a mystical transformation of the land that enables the undead to rise from it. 

The dead bodies had transformed into undead. 

  

  

When both I and Rio had witnessed the result of the war, our stomachs almost went upside down. 

Neither of us had the guts to further look into the mountains of dead soldiers who fought in the war. 

This made the two of us unable to eat properly for a while. 

We are unable to find a trace of Kazue after asking soldiers who participated in the war. 

From Rio's investigation, she concluded that Kazue did not join the battle. 

  

  

We returned to Vestir in low spirits. 

And as we are walking by the road, we saw her. 

She was walking around the city of Riles with her three pet wolves following her from behind. 

She was carrying a bag of what it looks to be food. 

She was casually eating a skewer of some kind of meat. 

And with all the things happening all around us she was wearing an out-of-place wide smile on her face. 

Mizusawa Kazue was having a good time or at least one can tell that she was unaffected by the mood of the whole town. 

  

  

“Kazue-san!” <Rio> 

As soon as Rio saw the familiar face, she called out her name and she noticed the two of us. 

She looked so carefree and lively. 

Now that I look back from the time when I saw her in Altus. 

This woman had changed, her usual “bad mood” aura had disappeared. 

Sure, she still has that “sharp” look but it feels different from before. 

It now has the glow that you can only associate with life. 

She looks like a child who is brimming with enjoyment and curiosity about everything around her. 

Even though she still had the same voice, the same face, and the same name, I could not help but think that she is a completely different person. 

She now looks so dazzling to my eyes. 

Her change had become so pronounced that if one of our classmates reminisce and compare it to her now, they would say that she has changed. 

  

  

“Oh, Rio! Why are you here?” <Kazue> 

She shifted her gaze to the two of us. 

"And…" <Kazue> 

She looked at me and she looked very troubled. 

Her face twitched and made an awkward twist. 

At first, I was in confusion because she made that reaction while looking at my face. 

But the look on her face told me what the problem was. 

It was a problem I often encounter in our world. 

It was that look… 

The look of someone who was trying to remember the name of a familiar face. 

She was trying to remember who I was. 

  

  

[Yeah, yeah, I get it. I am so unremarkable that people tend to forget my name after some time. But come on Kazue-san I am your seatmate! For you to forget my name is just too cruel. Well... I do think that four months is quite a long time but to completely forget my name is a little bit... ugh...] 

“Uh… Yamada?” <Kazue> 

“It’s Naofumi…” <Naofumi> 

[Kazue-san… who the hell is Yamada? No one in the class had that name you know?! It’s too obvious that she was only guessing my name! Come on at least make it so that it sounded similar to my name.] 

“Oh right… Naofumi… Tomoko Naofumi!” <Kazue> 

“it’s Tamashiro.” <Naofumi> 

“Ahuh… right… Tamashiro Naofumi-san.” <Kazue> 

Despite all that, the expression on her face barely changed. 

  

  

She turned her face toward Rio. 

It appears that she felt awkward looking in my direction. 

“What a surprise to see you here Rio-san. What are you doing here in Riles with Tamashiro-san?” <Kazue> 

While talking, Kazue-san reached for the inside of the bag she was carrying and pulled out a skewer. 

It was the same food she had on her hand. 

She reaches it out toward me and Rio as she was waiting for Rio to reply. 

I took one skewer from her outreached hands. 

Rio did the same. 

  

  

Kazue was looking at me with a blank face. 

She was waiting for me to have a bite of the food she just gave to me and Rio. 

To satisfy her, I took a bite from the skewer she gave us. 

It did not taste that good, it was just OK. 

But for some reason, when I took a bite from the skewer it was as if I ate something that satisfied my mouth. 

“How is it?” <Kazue> 

“… It’s good…” <Naofumi> 

She did the same with Rio and for some reason, I feel that Rio had the same feeling that I was having at this moment. 

  

  

Tears came out of Rio’s eyes as she took a bite from the skewer. 

“KAZUEEE-SAAAN.” <Rio> 

“Uh… Why are you crying? Was the skewer that good?” <Kazue> 

Rio shook her head. 

I knew what she feels. 

There is no way I would not know what she feels. 

  

  

After seeing the aftermath of the war... 

For days now, we are unable to eat properly for a while. 

But the skewer Kazue-san gave us was easy to swallow. 

The face of Kazue looking at us in anticipation and the smile she showed us somehow healed our upset stomachs. 

I guess we both need someone to show us something nice. 

From the time we spent here in Riles, we have been stressed by the war and the uneasy mood of everyone. 

I guess we have been on guard all this time looking for her. 

To see the person we wanted to find with a smile made it easier for us to release the tension in our hearts that made it easier for us to do a simple task such as eating. 

  

  

At last, we have found Kazue-san. 

After all the hardships we've been through just to find her. 

We've faced a lot of challenges. 

We've been through hell. 

Now our efforts had come to fruition. 

[Hmnn? Come to think of it... Why did we chase after Kazue-san anyway? Was it because she was being chased by bad guys? No... Before that... Yes... it was because of that...] 

  

  

When I remembered the real reason why we were looking for Kazue in the first place my eyes went wide, then I felt so exhausted and felt cheated. 

It was because the reason we are looking for Kazue in the first place was for me to say "I'm sorry". 

And the way how things are right now, I don't even know if she remembers what I'm sorry about. 

She even forgot my name, meaning the event that happened in Altus, the event I wanted to ask for forgiveness must have been forgotten altogether. 

Right now, I don't feel that it's time for me to suddenly say I am sorry. 

If I did, her reaction would be like this, "What the hell are you sorry about?" 

  

  

"Uhggg..." <Naofumi> 

I looked at Rio, who was also looking at me while wiping her tears. 

Her mouth moved, there was no sound but I read her lips. 

It was as clear as day, as she had said these words to me countless times already. 

The word was... "Stupid" 1(A/N: I was thinking of the word... "BAKA" leaving her mouth there >.<) 

"Yeah, yeah..." <Naofumi> 

[I know, I'm stupid Okay...] 

  

  

“uh… I don’t get it but… I guess the two of you were that hungry huh?...” <Kazue> 

Kazue-san nods at herself. 

“Alright… I get what you two feel… come I’ll treat the both of you with food.” <Kazue> 

And without a word, we followed her obediently. 

The two of us walked behind her. 

Following us were her three familiars. 

For some reason, I feel at ease just being near her. 

  

  

Living in an unfamiliar world where dangers were all-around us has been very stressful for me. 

All the hardship that we've been through all this time. 

All those frustrations. 

For some reason, it all faded. 

  

  

After leaving the castle, I've been very cautious. 

Even though I made sure that I kept my distance from danger. 

I even made it to a point where I would end up running away, defeated and pathetic just to save my life. 

I don't know why... But I feel safe around this girl. 

I saw Rio walking right beside me. 

She had that dazed expression on her face. 

She looked relieved just like me. 

I bet I have that same expression on my face right now too. 

I returned my gaze toward the back of the girl wearing a black coat... 

"Damn she looks so cool" <Naofumi> 

  

  

I think it was at that moment that I decided to follow this girl named Mizusawa Kazue. 

I was unable to say "sorry". 

I mustered myself, rather than saying sorry I decided to be of help to her, as I was not able to help her back then. 

This time around I want her to think of me as a person worthy of her trust. 

A person who can help her in times of need. 

With determination, I looked forward and decided to follow her so that I can show it to her someday. 

The day when I could help her. 

After all... actions speak louder than words. 

To do that, I need to be somewhere near her presence. 

  

  

While it is also true that one of the reasons I want to stay by her side is because I feel at ease in her presence. 

I am sure Rio was feeling the same. 

Was I infatuated with this girl? 

Sure, I would not deny that, but not in the way one would expect. 

I expected to be infatuated with this girl romantically. 

But... the truth here was not that simple. 

This feeling was not something similar to the feeling of having a crush on someone or "like" or even "love". 

I think what I am feeling right now is different than those. 

The feeling was closer to being “at ease” or “comfortable”. 

Yes, I wanted to be near her presence because of that feeling of ease and comfort. 

  

  

From that day forward. 

I Tamashiro Naofumi together with Ota Rio have followed Mizusawa Kazue around. 

The two of us joined Kazue-san on her adventures. 

And our time with her was a memory that neither of us will ever forget. 

  

  

From that day forward the three of us traveled the world together. 

Unlike the time when I was traveling with Rio, the times when we traveled with Kazue were different. 

When I and Rio were traveling for the past four months. 

The two of us barely had something to talk about. 

We did become closer, but we would only talk about serious matters most of the time. 

  

  

Compared to now,  

Rio would often talk with Kazue-san about games and anime in reminiscence of the past. 

Their voice makes our trips more lively. 

From time to time I would naturally join their conversation as their topics would be a topic I am familiar with. 

Usually, it's about computer games. 

Whenever the three of us have a topic to share we simply talk like best of friends. 

Well... at times I would still have a problem getting along with Rio because of her usual outburst of hurtful and harsh words. 

Also, there are times when I would have a problem talking with Kazue’s indifferent attitude. 

I often take the role of the servant and the two girls are my masters. 

  

  

Often things will go on like this. 

A lot of times, Rio would think up something to harass me during our trip. 

I know for a fact that she's doing this to keep Kazue all to herself. 

She did not want me traveling with them. 

In turn, she would think up ideas to force me to voluntarily leave the party. 

For example, Rio would suggest to Kazue that boys should be the ones carrying the luggage during our adventures. 

Even though Kazue and Rio had a higher STR stat than me, they would end up leaving the carrying of the luggage to my care. 

Even though we had Isamu, Kazue’s familiar, Rio would insist that I should carry our things. 

This was while the two of them ride Isamu's back. 

  

  

There are times during our stays in the inn when the three of us would rest from time to time. 

Rio would take the initiative to get me a separate room so that she could keep Kazue all to herself. 

As the only boy at the party, I have nothing to say about this though. 

Often time I would end up sleeping with Kazue's familiars. 

Not that I have a problem with that, their furs are surprisingly satisfying to the touch. 

I would rather sleep on Isamu's back rather than on the bed. 

Well, Isamu prefers me to sleep on the bed though. 

What a dilemma. 

  

  

Anyway, it would not hurt for all of us to be in one room right? 

It’s not as if I have bad intentions. 

In the end, I would just yield to what Rio wanted. 

Kazue who does not care about this kind of thing would say nothing. 

I am sure that she was aware of what Rio was doing but she would not stop her. 

Well, when Rio was being too much, Kazue would end up doing the right things like it was nothing. 

Kazue was not some demon who loves to see others suffer. 

It’s just that she's too indifferent to care in such menial matters. 

I understand at least that much. 

  

  

To be honest I am OK with Kazue being indifferent. 

If she was to misunderstand my intentions of being with them she might turn away from me. 

I know for a fact that she knows that I am following her not because I fell for her in a romantic way. 

She's way too perceptive not to notice such things. 

As long as my feeling doesn't change, her attitude toward me would not change. 

I would end up like Ryuusei if I were to change my motive. 

I am sure that she will avoid me as much as she could if the chances are to change in such a direction. 

  

  

As for me, my stance still hasn’t changed. 

I am only following Mizusawa Kazue because I feel “at home” in her presence and to be of help to her. 

I am sure that Rio, who has a “mind-reading” ability, knows that for a fact. 

This must be the reason why she did not ask Kazue to directly kick me out of the party. 

If my reason for staying was different, Rio would probably force me away from her. 

  

  

Kazue was such a mysterious oddball. 

Whenever I find myself watching her back, her attitude of being happy-go-lucky in such a stressful world is very contagious. 

I would always wonder how would she react to the unreasonable mechanics of this world and see it in a more positive light. 

We ventured into the lands and see this world’s beauty and appreciate the moment we are in because of that contagious positive outlook of hers. 

Like what they say in the saying "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change". 

On that note, I could not say that Kazue is an optimistic person who positively sees everything. 

There are times when she sees things as they are, which is bad. 

But I can’t seem to ignore the fact that she enjoys every moment of it. 

Good or bad. 

  

  

For example, we found out that we had misunderstood the reason why Kazue took so many quests on her way to Riles. 

Before, we perceived this action of hers as a “diversion” for the people who are trying to chase after her. 

We then learned that the reason why she took so many quests was that she was in dire need of money. 

She has told us that she has a large amount of debt to pay for the “overgeared” set of equipment she got from the armor shop owner, Shaina Stirling. 

For that reason, she had been taking those quests, not for fame but for pay. 

We also found out the reason she was so afraid and was rushing to leave Luron was because of a traumatic experience she had while training with the person she calls "Lavi-Oneesama". 

  

  

Another example. 

Whenever we encounter a strong monster, she would not see it as bad luck but rather as a challenge. 

Well, I guess part of the reason is that Kazue tends to be a "battle junkie". 

But still, this is a perfect example of those situations where her perspective on things can be seen. 

This is even though she always preaches to us that safety is our top priority. 

Ironically, she is the one who chases after those dangers. 

  

  

In the past, I saw Kazue as a silent, grumpy, loner girl whose only friend is a weird loner girl and the most beautiful girl in the class. 

Well, if I include Haga Mizuko and Muto Eiko as her friend, she is still a person who has very few friends. 

She is a very reserved girl who seldom speaks in class. 

She was the type of person who is hard to approach. 

And because of that, it is hard to become her friend. 

But I guess once you know a person your perception of them also changes. 

  

  

Sure, Mizusawa Kazue changed a lot during her time here in an alternate world. 

But fundamentally she was still Kazue. 

So… Who is Mizusawa Kazue then? 

During my time traveling with the two girls, I learned many things about them. 

  

  

Mizusawa Kazue. 

My view of her as a girl of few words hasn’t changed but the way I see her personality had changed. 

I’ve discovered the reason behind the reserved and hard-to-approach nature of this girl. 

Sure, it is hard to become a person that Mizusawa Kazue considers a friend. 

But once you became her friend, there is no way you would not notice the change. 

  

  

Mizusawa Kazue draws a line between those who she hates, who she feels nothing about, and those who she considers a friend.  

She’s rude toward those people who she hates. 

She’s indifferent toward the people whom she knows nothing about. 

And she’s caring toward those people who she considers a friend. 

Once you become her friend, she is the type who would not abandon you. 

  

  

Kazue will prioritize them over all others and would help them the best way she can. 

Although she still acts indifferent and will never show them what she feels, like she doesn’t care, like she’s bored, in reality, she does care and she loves the happy moments you're together. 

She’s the type of friend who would act indifferent and when the time comes and you are in trouble, you can count on her to help you. 

That is what it’s like to be on her good side. 

Now, I could see why Ota Rio and Sakata Chiho treasure her as their friend, it’s because she’s a real one. 

  

  

On the other hand, being on her bad side is equally scary. 

She would not hesitate to come at those she hates. 

She would not hesitate to make them suffer and feel her wrath. 

When I first saw her in this situation against a noble who pursued her and even harassed her, she did not hold back and showed the noble her evil side. 

It was scary. 

The noble’s life was ruined after that incident. 

And all I saw was Kazue laughing her lungs out, enjoying every moment of suffering the other party was experiencing. 

And to top that off she even gave the man a physical beating, and she did not pull a punch. 

  

  

I've also discovered that she was not particularly a loner. 

She's good at interacting with people and is OK being in the presence of others. 

I would say rather than a loner, she's an introvert who is fine with the presence of others but prefers being with "herself" even more so. 

Being with too many people drains her and she needs time to be alone. 

She's a person who enjoys solitude. 

She's aware of it herself. 

That is Mizusawa Kazue. 

  

  

And there is also Ota Rio. 

The Ota Rio I knew in our world and the Ota Rio I’ve been in this world are like two different people. 

Behind the mask of a “silent otaku girl” is a very rude and prideful personality. 

Ota Rio would often look down on others, her initial evaluation of a person is very low by default. 

If you ask me, she looks down on others way too much. 

She would mutter words ridiculing others' actions. 

She’s very critical of a person’s actions. 

The only reason I was able to stay beside her is that she saw me as less than an animal. 

If there is a hierarchy in our party, Kazue would be at the top, then her, then the familiars, and lastly me. 

That is how she sees me, at least from my perspective. 

In simple words, Ota Rio is a very rude girl who sees Mizusawa Kazue as the only good person in the whole world. 

  

  

Well… all I can say is that being with these two made my life here in the other world very fulfilling. 

Just like that, the fun years of being together as brothers and sisters. 

Our relationship became stronger and the three of us treat each other like siblings. 

We argue with each other. 

We laugh and cry together. 

We share and we help each other just like real brothers and sisters would do. 

  

  

Time passed by just like that. 

After all this time, none of us became that “Overly powerful” existence that you can only describe as “Cheats”. 

But that did not hinder us to live our life to the fullest as we ventured all around the world these past three years. 

  

  

The strongest amongst the three of us is Kazue. 

She was only on the level of a weaker A-rank Adventurer. 

Although there’s something odd about her skill set, you can’t argue that she’s only an ordinary A-rank adventurer. 

As for me and Rio, we’re about as strong as those elite B-ranked adventurers, nothing more, nothing less. 

If you ask me the people who should be called "cheats" are our classmates. 

  

  

We made Artesia Empire’s Capital our home base. 

We would often see or hear about some of our classmate’s achievements through the years. 

And if you ask, who amongst our class are "cheat-like" existences I can name some of them. 

  

  

There is the strongest amongst the bunch, the OP, and destined to be a cheat-like existence in this world... the one and only Hero, Hano Ryuusei. 

He had been wreaking havoc in the demon territory and became a true hero. 

Saving people, defeating demons, and becoming a beacon of hope. 

But well, despite all these times, he was still struggling to defeat the Demon Lord and his army. 

I guess, there is a reason why they would call such existence the "Demon Lord" after all. 

Plus, it’s no secret that the current Demon Lord was the former Hero as well. 

So no one was blaming Hano for not defeating the Demon Lord all these years. 

  

  

Speaking of overpowered, there are also those girls, 

[Sh*t, why are there so many girls around that guy. His harem had grown in numbers in the past three years. It seems that aside from the three beauties in our class more beauties have joined his harem party. No, no… I’m going off track here…] 

What I want to say is that Haga Mizuko, Muto Eiko, and Sakata Chiho can also be considered "cheat-like" existences. 

If we have to scale their power level to the adventurers I’ve seen in those long years, I would say that the hero’s party was no joke. 

The weakest in the hero’s party right now is on the level of the elites of the A-rank adventurers. 

And despite that, they are still having a hard time defeating the Demon Lord. 

That is just how strong the Demon Lord is. 

  

  

Aside from the hero’s party... 

The ones who had their names known through the lands are these individuals. 

There is… 

Destruction Fist, Yoshitte Yuma, 

The Creation Mage, Yanase Yokuami. 

Demon Slime Master, Ishibashi Minato 

The Skill Thief, Uesaka Shino and, 

Sword of Victory, Aoki Nikko. 

There is also the Taboo Mage, Inaba Motoichi but he is famous in a different sense than the others. 

  

  

If I were to assess where we rank amongst our classmates, were somewhere in the middle. 

Were average in terms of power. 

We are strong, but we are not “that” strong. 

Those names I mention before having powers equal to an S-rank adventurer. 

Yep, now that is OP. 

  

  

Anyway, my point is that even though we are not that powerful I can say that our life in this world is still fun. 

We’ve challenged dungeons. 

We ventured into the lands for the main purpose of sightseeing. 

We worked hard to pay off Kazue’s debt. 

We entered the Magic academy and caused trouble with the nobility who study there. 

We Fought against evil secret societies who had the goal to control the Empire from the shadows. 

Visiting the various kingdoms in the continent and seeing the diversity of the world. 

Causing trouble in the Golden city in the kingdom of Claren and ending up winning lots of money. 

Our unexpected encounters with majestic beings. 

Meeting other people who reincarnated in this world from our world. 

Our time training to become stronger. 

Participating in the martial art competition. 

And so much fun stuff happened. 

There is almost no end to our happy lives, there was no dull moment in our adventures. 

Looking back at it, we had a fulfilling life. 

There are times when we even forget our former world. 

Most of us think that going back is no longer an option. 

Almost all of the people in our class are successful in one way or another. 

For the past 3 years, we’ve already done so many things. 

It was to the point where we might refuse to go back to our world if asked to do so. 

  

  

Then that fateful day came. 

Just after the martial art competition in the Marchial Kingdom, the Empire of Artesia was attacked by the Demon Lord army from the north. 

Everyone was caught off guard as the attack was too sudden. 

The Empire tried its best to fend off the all-out charge of the Demon Lord's army to only fail. 

All this time, we saw the capital city of the Empire as our home. 

But in just a week’s time, the whole Empire was leveled to the ground. 

The place we call home fell at the hands of the Demon Lord and his army. 

The place we consider home was utterly destroyed. 

So many soldiers and innocent people died during that attack. 

Even the strongest adventurers and the only SS-rank adventurer, the guild master of the Empire capital was unable to push back the Demon Lord's army's unexpected charge 

The guild master managed to slow them down but the fight between the Demon Lord and his army was too much for him to fend off by himself. 

He did manage to fend them off for a while enough to make room for many citizens to escape but in the end, he ended up dying at the hand of the Demon Lord and his Army. 

  

  

This changed everything as we have no place to return to. 

All this time we considered the Empire's capital as our "home". 

When even if we travel around the world we would still go back to the Empire's Capital time and time again. 

Now that the Empire is destroyed things had changed. 

Now our home is gone, we no longer have a place to return to. 

  

  

We encountered so many people in that place. 

We met and created bonds with the people of the Empire. 

We made friends, we made good memories and experiences all over the place. 

But in just one week all fell to the ground. 

The once prosperous Empire is now in rubble. 

The people we know had either died or lost someone important to them. 

It shocked us to the core. 

We are unable to protect much less help them. 

And I know that broke something inside Kazue. 

  

  

Being "emotional" was not a word to describe Mizusawa Kazue. 

But she was also sensitive about the feeling of the people who cared about her. 

And... those people are in shambles. 

Kazue saw them dead. 

She saw them in tears after losing someone important to them. 

She saw them, lose everything. 

She saw them break down in despair. 

This broke something within Kazue. 

Or at least it was the trigger that forced her to act. 

  

  

This became the trigger of her final moments. 

I could still remember what happened after that. 

The events that led to her death. 

 

I don’t want to point fingers but it was all his fault. 

If only he… 

Then… 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

Author Note: 

Hi there! 

I know, I know… 

I’ve been out for 2 weeks. 

Well again, I have to pay bills so I had to work. 

This time around I could not see an open time for me to write, and in the end, I was unable to do so. 

Well, I could have updated earlier but after those stressful times, I have to clear my mind and unwind. 

I gamed and travel this weekend. 

I then continued writing again last night. 

Well, I’m a bit exhausted right now but I wanted to write before I forget my ideas. 

In fact, during my road trip, I was able to conceptualize some parts of the story as well. 

I guess it did help me in a way. 

Hehe, anyway we're back and I’m going to try my best to do 3 chapter updates this week. 

This particular chapter is quite long as well as compensation for my 2 weeks of hiatus. 

The next one would probably be the finale of the [Original Past] chapters. 

If not, I will make it another long chapter to finish it next chapter. 

Cyaa~ on the next chapter. 

 

13