Chapter 4 : Catching Fish
118 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You can't control me!" Vanessa also said unreasonably.

"Fine! I won't control you!" Jason said coldly with a smirk.

Jason wandered around the area. This coconut grove wasn't very large, with only about 10 trees, each bearing around 12 coconuts. After eating a few just now, there were still plenty left.

These coconuts could provide basic hydration, but they couldn't provide protein, so the most important thing now was to find food.

There were only a few ways to find food on a deserted island: fishing in the sea or searching for wild fruits in the jungle. But on this unknown island, who knew if there were any dangers?

If they encountered wolves or bears, it would be dangerous. So, the most feasible option for now was to see if they could catch fish.

The temperature was still quite high, but Jason 

had to go out. If they waited until the sunset and couldn't find food, they would go hungry tonight.

Vanessa  looked at Jason  and furrowed her brows, asking, "Where are you going?"

"To catch fish!" Jason replied indifferently without looking back.

Upon hearing this, Vanessa immediately began to think. Although she didn't think Jason could catch fish, she remembered how he had unexpectedly used a small knife to open the coconut just now, which she thought was impossible. So, if Jason  went fishing, it might be successful.

"No! I've already offended him! If he catches fish, he definitely won't give me any, so I have to stop him!" Vanessa 

stood up, a hint of determination flashing in her eyes.

Jason walked along the beach and reached a rocky area with high cliffs. The waves crashed incessantly here, splashing water everywhere.

He walked over to see if any fish had been washed into the rocky area by the waves.

The rocks were scattered and the water inside was shallow and clear. There was a strong wind here, so even though the sun was strong, it didn't feel too hot.

Jason stood on a rock and looked down. The sunlight pierced the water's surface and reflected into his eyes.

He blinked, glanced around, and suddenly saw a white shadow not far away. He hurried over.

Vanessa followed behind, seeing that Jason seemed to want to catch fish here. She glanced around and then cautiously stepped onto one rock, followed by another, slowly following him.

Jason had arrived at the spot where he had seen the white shadow, but there were no fish there. He looked back slowly and saw a fish about the size of a palm swimming leisurely beside his leg.

Holding his breath, Jason concentrated and then plunged his hands into the water like a tiger descending a mountain.

Unfortunately, he didn't catch anything and ended up falling into the water.

Seeing this scene, Vanessa couldn't help but laugh and mock, "Haha! Look at you! Trying to catch fish, but I think the fish will catch you instead!"

"Pfft! Don't let me catch a fish, or else I'll show you what fish taste like!" Jason climbed up, spat out the seawater in his mouth, and said fiercely to Vanessa.

"Tch!" Vanessa

scoffed disdainfully.

Jason had now come ashore. Because the right tools were needed for the job, he didn't have any fishing tools. It was hard to catch fish with just his hands.

After coming ashore, Jason took out his phone to check it. It had been soaked in water just now, but it still turned on, indicating that it had survived another test of water.

Thank goodness! Jason felt relieved.

After Jason left, Vanessa stayed behind. She knew fish were here, so she couldn't let Jason catch any.

Vanessa glanced at Jason's departing figure, then quickly took off her large white sneakers and high socks, revealing a pair of delicate feet. She stepped into the water, feeling the coolness, and shivered involuntarily.

Perhaps because her shivering was quite intense, it caused her to tremble even more.

Unfortunately, Jason wasn't present to witness this scene, so he didn't see this embarrassing moment.

Vanessa put her high socks into her shoes and placed them on the rocks. Then, she looked at the water again and saw fish swimming nearby. With a hint of joy in her eyes, she pounced.

Water splashed on her face, and she quickly wiped it off, muttering, "This is too hard!"

After trying a couple of times, Vanessa gave up completely. It was clear that she couldn't catch fish.

After coming ashore, Vanessa put on her shoes and socks.

Jason 

happened to return, holding a sharpened wooden stick that could be used as a fish spear.

Jason had searched for this wooden stick for quite a while. In the end, he found a quite suitable branch in length and shape. Most importantly, it was straight enough, so he cut it down and sharpened one end.

Jason even tested it and found it to be quite handy, so he hurried back.

Jason and Vanessa looked at each other, neither speaking, but there was a palpable tension in the air.

Vanessa crossed her arms, but because her 36D breasts were too large, many parts were squeezed out, and her neckline was too low, exposing large areas of fair skin to the air.

This scene was truly not suitable for children.

Jason glanced over, chuckled twice, then quickly turned his head and swallowed his saliva.

Damn! It's tempting!

Jason wiped his nose. He felt that if he looked at it for a few more seconds, he might start to nosebleed. Thinking about how he had tried it himself not long ago, he suddenly felt a bit hot.

Jason shook his head. Now was not the time to think about these things. His main goal now was to catch fish.

Returning to the spot he had been before, Jason held the fish spear and watched as a fish slowly swam by. His eyes narrowed, and he plunged the spear down.

Jason's heart tightened. Vanessa, who was on the shore, felt the same. When Jason slowly lifted the spear and found nothing on it, he felt a little disappointed.

Vanessa let out a sigh of relief. She had just wanted to mock him, but seeing Jason's serious expression, she fell silent for a moment. Then, she continued to mock, "Haha! You're really useless! No wonder Fiona doesn't like you!"

"... " Jason's movements stopped, his teeth clenched tightly, and his eyes were somewhat fierce as he looked up at Vanessa  and said, "Say that again!"

"What...what do you want? I'm just telling the truth! Do you think you're worthy of Fiona?" Although Vanessa knew she had said the wrong thing, she wouldn't admit it and continued to argue stubbornly.

The anger in Jason's heart had ignited. He slammed the fish spear into the ground and slowly walked towards Vanessa.

"Don't come over! If you come over again, I'll scream for help!" Vanessa backed away, saying fearfully.

"I must make you apologize!" Jason's eyes were filled with anger, his gaze cold

3