Chapter 2 Make her happy
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anna looked at Kyoutarou. He was very kind and very cute. How could no one see it before?

 

He always helps her in times of need. To her, he was her personal hero!

 

She wanted to be with him when they went to the UA. His telekinesis power was super good. Unlike her, who could only use it like a real-life filter only.

 

'I hope I can be with him.'

 

Anna got a recommendation letter from Uwabami, the snake hero. She didn't have to participate in the UA entrance exam. She knew that if she took the exam, she would fail miserably.

 

'Even though it isn't fair, I really want to be with Ichikawa.'

 

Anna put the guilt aside and focused on what she needed to do. Even though she had a recommendation letter. She still has to prove herself.

 

The recommendation letter was just a guarantee that she would be accepted into the program, but if she didn't have a good enough score, She might not be in the same class as Kyoutarou.

 

Kyoutarou didn't know that Anna had set her eyes on him a long time ago and knew how capable he was with his power.

 

She was absolutely sure that Kyotarou would be accepted into the academy and assigned to an A-class for elite students.

 

"Anna, Why are you not eating? Is something bothering you?" 

 

Kobayashi Chihiro asked Anna. The morning classes had finished, so it was time for lunch. She didn't see Anna swallowing her food like usual but noticed that Anna had a troubled expression on her face.

 

As her best friend. She wanted to know what was on her mind for her to not eat foods she liked like this. She decided to ask Anna if something was wrong.

 

"Oh! There's nothing wrong. I will eat it now."

 

Anna started to eat food like normal. Chihiro felt relief and continued to enjoy her meal. While she ate her food, she then noticed that Kyoutarou didn't bring a lunch box again but only ate one cheap loaf of bread he bought from the convenience store.

 

"Ne,Ne, Anna, I noticed that you and Ichikawa somehow seem to have been around each other lately. Do you know why he didn't bring his lunch box with him?"

 

Chihiro normally didn't care about other people except her friends, but she remembered that Kyoutarou helped her before, so she wanted to know what happened to him and maybe she could help him.

 

"I can't tell you. It is his personal stuff."

 

Anna wanted to help him too, but she knew Kyoutarou wouldn't want anyone to pity him.

 

"Is that so? What a pity." 

 

Chihiro said while eating her food, then added.

 

"Anna, do you think Ichikawa is kind of cute if you look at him closely?"

 

Anna was alarmed by Chihiro's question and quickly replied. 

 

"Um, well, I never really thought about it that way. He's just a friend to me."

 

"What kind of answer is that? You are really weird, Anna-chan."

 

They continued to argue about Ichikawa's appearance.

 

Kyuotarou didn't hear anything because he had his headphones on and was lost in his own world of music.

 

He finished his bread and felt unsatisfied with it, but there was nothing else to eat as he only had 400 yen left for the whole week. He didn't even have enough money to buy water.

 

'What a sad life.'

 

He sighed. He thought about life when his father was still around. If he were still alive, they wouldn't have a problem like this.

 

He became sad when he thought about his father, and suddenly he got a notification from the system.

 

[Mission is given out]

 

[Mission: Make Yamada Anna feel happy]

 

Detail: Yamada Anna was a good friend, so the host should make her feel a little happy.

 

Reward: 10,000¥ ($65)

 

"Really"

 

Kyoutarou saw that the system had assigned him a mission to make Yamada Anna feel happy for the money. He thought that the system was actually likable and not like other systems he had read in a novel.

 

He felt like the Multiverse Gamer System was here to support him and not mess with him.

 

"Thanks to any being that has given me the system." 

 

He whispered under his breath, feeling excitement and anticipation for the mission that the system might give him in the future.

 

"The mission is to make Yamada happy. Let's see what can make her happy."

 

Kyoutarou wondered what could make Yamada happy, considering her interests, likes, and desires.

 

She liked eating delicious food and modeling.

 

'Wait a minute. I knew that she wanted to help me before. Maybe if I accept her help, will it make her happy?"

 

Maybe she liked to help people. She also wanted to be a hero, so it was understandable, but it was kind of embarrassing if he asked for her help, but with that money, he could potentially solve his problem about food.

 

Kyoutarou looked at Anna, and it was the same time when she looked at him. They both looked away from each other very quickly. It was clear that there was an unspoken feeling between them that they weren't sure of.

 

They were still young, after all.

 

Kyoutarou took a deep breath and stood up from his seat before he walked toward her.

 

Anna secretly glanced at him, and she didn't think that Kyoutarou would approach her.

 

"Um, what's up, Ichikawa?"

 

"A-Are you free right now? I-I want you to help me with something."

 

So awkward, but still doable. Anna's eyes sparkled when she heard that.

 

"I—"

 

Before Kyoutarou could finish his sentence, A notification popped up in front of him.

 

[Mission accomplished]

 

[Inventory]

 

Money: 10400¥

 

'Yamada already happy? Why?'

 

Kyoutarou didn't know. Just the fact that he had initiated the conversation with her already made her happy.

2