Chapter 3 Very tempting
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anna was very motivated to help Kyoutarou. He asked her to help him grab a book he couldn't reach for him. She eagerly agreed and quickly retrieved the book for him.

 

Anna grabbed the book about murder mythology for him, and then she remembered something.

 

'Ichikawa's quirk is telekinesis. Why doesn't he use his quirk to grab the book?'

 

Anna then realized something and felt very happy. Maybe he just wanted to spend time with her alone in the library, as they used to. She smiled and decided to enjoy the time together with him.

 

Kyoutarou didn't know what Anna was thinking, so he didn't expect her to be so excited. She ate snack after snack while he read the book. 

 

Anna even shared her snacks with him, which was something she had never done to anyone before.

 

Not even her best friend, Chihiro, could snatch the food from her.

 

"This is very good, Ichikawa. Eat more, Eat more."

 

She tried to stuff him with snacks so he wouldn't stay hungry when the afternoon classes started.

 

Kyoutarou was having a hard time eating only snacks, as he felt his throat very dry. He had to use his power to move the water inside his body to clear his throat. After a few attempts, Kyoutarou finally succeeded in clearing his throat and felt relieved.

 

Controlling water inside his body was possible, but he couldn't do it with other people or any living beings as he couldn't have known how it would affect them. It might be very harmful or even fatal for them.

 

"I have finished reading. I will go back to the classroom. What about you?"

 

Kyoutarou asked. He saw that Anna still had many snacks left. She wouldn't stop eating until they were all gone.

 

"Ah! We still have ten more minutes. Why don't you help me finish these snacks first?"

 

Anna pleaded. Kyoutarou saw her desperate expression and couldn't resist joining in on the snack feast. She was too much for his heart.

 

After that, they went back to the classroom to continue studying for their upcoming exam.

 

Anna needed to work harder than Kyoutarou, as her basics were much weaker than his.

 

Kyoutarou and Anna needed to be well-prepared for the test and secure a good grade. Kyoutarou must succeed because he wants a scholarship from UA. The perfect score would guarantee his chances of receiving the scholarship.

 

As for Anna, She wanted to be in the same class as him.

 

[Mission is given out]

 

[Mission: Ace all the theory exams]

 

Detail: The host wants a bright future. Let's start with the knowledge first.

 

Reward: 500 exp, 5,000¥, 1 D-rank skill upgrade ticket,

 

Seeing the reward, Kyoutarou felt motivated to study hard and give his best effort in order to achieve a highest score on the exams.

 

The afternoon classes finished very quickly, and Kyoutarou headed straight to the library to begin his intense study session.

 

Anna wanted to go with him, but unfortunately, her mother set a curfew for her, and she had to go home before it got too late.

 

Her mother was very strict and always made sure Anna followed the rules. She would not be allowed to go out and play if she were to break the curfew.

 

"Goodbye Ichikawa, See you tomorrow, okay?"

 

Anna called out as she waved goodbye to him. She felt bad that she couldn't spend more time with him.

 

"See you tomorrow."

 

They then went their separate ways. Kyoutarou moved along the way down the hall toward the building where the library was.

 

He felt that the atmosphere in this part of school was pretty quiet and scary for those who were scared of ghosts.

 

Talking about ghosts, he couldn't help but think about the book he read. It was about murder and supernatural beings.

 

[Mission is given out]

 

[Deal with a ghost in the library]

 

Detail: There is a ghost inside the library. Please send them to the afterlife.

 

Reward: 5,000¥, 100 exp, 

 

Kyoutarou, who was about to reach the library, paused for a moment.

 

"There is a ghost inside the library?"

 

He wasn't afraid of ghosts, but he didn't think that there would be one inside the library. He heard a rumor about it. But he thought that rumor was just a rumor.

 

"I need money. Five thousand yen is too tempting. And the exp is enough for me to level up once."

 

He heard that telekinesis could be used against supernatural beings like ghosts, as it used a part of the user's soul as a source of power.

 

Kyoutarou went toward the library with confidence. He wasn't afraid, but excited instead.

 

He loved supernatural stories and often found himself lost in the world of ghosts and spirits.

 

He reached the library and looked around to find where the ghost might be, but no matter where he looked, he couldn't find any trace of a ghost.

 

"Are you really sure that there's a ghost here?"

 

Kyoutarou asked the system, and he didn't get a response.

 

He could only sighed and then shake his head. He decided to give up the search for the time being and start studying.

 

He studied until the sun started to go down. The blue sky turned orange as the sun began to set.

 

No one was inside the library anymore. The library was now empty. Kyoutarou then felt cold as he smelled the chilly evening air. The temperature was dropping rapidly.

 

Everything went silent; even the bird chirping stopped.

 

"This situation is the same as the rumor I heard about," Kyoutarou thought to himself.

 

He spread his telekinesis power to try and sense any presence nearby. He could feel a very faint ghostly energy coming from the shadows of the bookshelf. He cautiously approached the bookshelf and started to move books to see the other side.

 

Kyoutarou couldn't see anything in the darkness, but he could sense that someone or something was there.

2