Chapter 7 : First Spy Team
58 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Master, a new letter has arrived." Sebas said.

"Give it to me." Ranold requested.

Sebas handed him a letter firmly sealed with an "SCP" emblem on it.

Ranold opened it delicately, cutting the top, then pulled out a small sheet. The writing was delicate and carefully crafted to be beautiful when read. It must have been the Administrator who had written it.

A small signature with a name: Administrator.

Is the chief this meticulous too? Ranold noted mentally. Perhaps it would serve him later, when he meets him.

A new mission has been ordered for you.

Solve the murders occurring in Leeds, a small town located in the center of England. Find out who is behind the murders, and if they are entities... confine them.

All means are available.

-Administrator.

A new quest has appeared.

[New Quest!]

[Objective: Hunt down the entities massacring the inhabitants of Leeds!]

[Additional Objective: Capture the entities!]

[Reward: [Quick Step I] – [Physical Strengthening I]]

[Failure: Disappointment from the Administrator]

Ranold immediately burned the letter in the fireplace, then stood up from his desk to prepare to depart to the new destination: Leeds.

"Prepare a small car. We will go to Leeds in a few hours, before the sun rises." Ranold instructed.

"Master... Is this a top-secret mission?" Sebas asked curiously.

"Yes." he replied.

"I understand." Sebas stopped asking questions and disappeared out of nowhere.

Since he had announced that he was part of an organization and had a goal in mind, Sebas had become more responsive and followed him more motivated than anyone else.

To a point where even he was surprised.

Well, Sebas has always been strange, but I'm used to it. Ranold wondered how strong he had become.

After launching the construction of the new site, he had continued to train in magic for a year.

However, even after so much training... the level [Magic IV] did not progress, or rather did not increase. Ranold was stuck and couldn't get stronger without the system supporting him.

It made him uneasy because he relied heavily on the system.

If it disappeared, he would likely become an ordinary human and might die not long after, when the organization found out.

Even the other O5s could kill me... The biggest information he had gathered during this year was the lack of sympathy among the leaders.

Ranold sighed deeply.

Other than their gatherings, they had no camaraderie. They were all gathered under the name of the Administrator.

Ranold got into the small car and rested his head against the window.

If the strength contained in the name of the Administrator disappeared, he could swear on his honor that the organization would disappear. The organization was like a building supported only by a load-bearing pillar.

If it disappeared... then all the foundations would crumble.

For now, they were not yet considered comrades, but in the future, their positions could change.

At least, he had found a common ground among the leaders. They all had a mission, and it was to hunt down evil entities.

It was to hunt down the evil entities that appeared in various places around the globe.

On this common ground, everyone had the same goal, no matter the reason they did it for.

Footsteps came from behind the window.

"Master... The tails of the espionage teams sent to the Middle East have been caught." An old man with a black tunic fluttering in the wind appeared.

Ranold acted as if he were not surprised and glanced over. "Hmm... Alright. You may withdraw from the mission. Also, keep an eye on those with 'strong' potential."

"Yes, master... We will fulfill all your orders." Immediately, the man vanished into the wind like dust.

This guy... is too scary. Ranold sighed.

He was the leader of the espionage team developed by himself.

After launching the construction of the site, the first thing he had done was to order the gathering of all the people who could be useful.

Who would have the best qualifications for these missions? People devoid of social life, those who were rejected by society... All the people for whom dying would not be a problem.

Surprisingly, there were a lot of people who were available. Maybe because they visited many slums, but rumors of recruitment had spread to many people's ears.

"Sir, please! Employ us!" A hundred people knelt before him in an alley infested with rats.

Sebas stood behind him, ready to draw a revolver.

Ranold was surprised.

They did not expect to see so many capable and determined people willing to die for his unjust cause. Did they want to die that much?

He sincerely thought so...

"Are you really determined to carry out your mission?" Ranold hinted that they might be signing up for suicidal missions. Espionage was very risky, as it had a high chance of failure.

Especially in intelligence-gathering missions...

Didn't video games have a parameter like that?

"Yes! We will do whatever you order!" they cried together in the alley, soon attracting the attention of ordinary people who glanced at the unfamiliar gathering.

"Alright." Ranold didn't really have a reason to reject so many human personnel who wanted to become his ears.

Who would reject such determined people?

Ranold wouldn't.

After counting the number of people, they headed towards the main house to feed the homeless who had followed him.

Elise was really annoyed at the time... Ranold had returned with a hundred homeless people smelling of garbage and dressed in rags.

Everyone was surprised.

But, wasn't it uncommon to see homeless people at that time? They made good cannon fodder... Ranold suppressed his inner thoughts and ordered to prepare guest rooms, food, and baths for the homeless.

After accomplishing all that, they directly headed to a secret room (which he had built for the occasion). Everyone was surprised to see strange inscriptions on the walls, and research with photos of monsters.

What is this...? Ruben, who was the self-proclaimed leader of the homeless, was speechless as he looked at all these cards scribbled with red pens.

"What is this room..." came from the mouth of a surprised homeless person.

He could feel through all these red lines, the determination of the man who had saved him.

What did he do to be so determined?

The homeless people lined up behind him were tense. Ruben was certain that he was not the only one feeling these confusing emotions in his chest.

"This is your new mission, your work from now on." Ranold said in a clear voice.

It was a secret room he had carefully created to check all the backgrounds of the monsters written in the books. It was easier to have an entire room to know the habits of the monsters.

Well, from the outside, it would look like a psychopath's room.

"Ahem." He coughed.

While they were all shocked by the room, Ranold was internally confused. He had gathered a hundred people for a job, but how was he going to solve the espionage problem?

It was a somewhat difficult situation because to turn a team of homeless people into a professional espionage team, a good reason was needed...

"We understand... sir, no, my lord!" Ruben said with determination and a serious expression.

What? What exactly had he understood?

"First, I would like to ask you a question."

"Ask."

"Have you been fighting monsters alone for a long time?"

Why was he asking this?

Ranold didn't think for long. Was fighting his father a monster battle? Well, it must be considered as such.

"Yes, since I was five, why?" he replied.

"Five years..." he repeated with a depressing expression...

What's happening to him in the end?

"I- No, we understand perfectly!"

"What? About doing espionage work?"

"Espionage... Yes!"

"Ah, um okay."

Strangely, he had managed to accept his work. Well, if they didn't want to do espionage, after all this time, he would probably have employed them as employees working in the main house.

However, how was he going to train homeless people in espionage? Ranold felt a bit disheartened. He had no experience in this field, and knew it was quite different from what he knew from his mobile games.

An shadow appeared behind him, and Sebas appeared.

He had given a unique object that allowed one to divide and transform their body into a shadow. Surprisingly, he liked to appear dramatically behind him every time.

"I request permission to form a spy troop." he asked stoically.

Ranold thought.

Sebas seemed to be quite versatile in various fields. And being a jack-of-all-trades in the family, he must have strengths in what he knew about espionage.

And the confidence in his butler's voice reassured him a bit.

"Alright, then I'll rely on you Sebas."

"Yes." he said, bowing at a 90° angle.

I'm hungry... Let's go eat. Ranold left the secret room, then disappeared, leaving Sebas and the men alone.

"I hope you're determined," Ruben and the men behind him were tense.

Sebas stood up and took a candle from the wall before opening a secret passage; a long corridor with white walls continued to descend into an unknown depth.

Ruben chuckled unconsciously.

"What? Are you scared now? Do you want to back out?" Sebas asked, provoking the frightened men.

"What...! We'll go! Won't we?!" Ruben asked, turning his head behind him.

"Yes!"

"We'll complete our missions!"

"Repay our debts to the lord!"

They all advanced fearlessly into the endless corridor.

Sebas smiled.

"We'll first open the treasure room, to give you your first powers."

And...

The first espionage team under Ranold was born.

0