Chapter 79: Treasure hunt game begins
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The remaining holiday on the ship has reached its third day. The passing of these intense days feels incredibly swift. As everyone begins to feel nostalgic about their days on the cruise ship, a message is sent to all students early in the morning.

"Treasure Hunt Game:"

- Bonus games are held with free participation.

- Participation conditions: Open to one person regardless of gender, requiring a participation fee of 10,000 Private Points.

- Implementation date: Today, August 8th.

- Detailed instructions will be provided at the venue (you must arrive at the 5th floor by 10 a.m.).

- After receiving the instructions, it is optional to participate.

Participation is voluntary, and the only risk involved is the participation fee. There seems to be no harm, although the details are unclear. It's fortunate that it's not mandatory. However, the participation fee is quite high, so there must be some decent reward in return.

Since it's an opportunity, why not give it a try? At the designated venue, many students had already gathered. I tried to estimate how many people were participating, and it seemed to be roughly half of all the students.

"Good morning, everyone. It's 10 a.m., so we'll close the recruitment with the students gathered here."

The explanation was given by Takato-sensei, the homeroom teacher of Class 3A. Even though it's a game, rules are rules, and it's unlikely that latecomers will be allowed to participate.

"Now, let me explain the outline. It's not a complicated set of rules; it's very simple."

With his right hand raised, Takato-sensei held a square piece of paper between his thumb and index finger. It was about 5 centimeters square.

"We have placed 100 stickers with QR codes written on them all over the ship. Participants will play a treasure hunt game to find these stickers."

It seems that when these stickers are scanned with a dedicated app, Private Points as rewards will be provided. However, you can only scan them once, and the results will be immediately reflected and the rewards paid out, so be careful.

It's a very simple and luck-based game. The Private Points you receive can range from a minimum of 5,000 points, which accounts for half of the total 50 stickers prepared, to 10,000 points for the next highest 30 stickers. It seems to be a system where half of the participants end up with a loss. Even if you happen to win 30% of 10,000 points, it won't be profitable.

The remaining 20 stickers consist of 10 stickers each for 50,000 points and 100,000 points, 3 stickers for 300,000 points, and the rest for 500,000 points and 1,000,000 points. The more difficult the hiding place, the more Private Points you can expect to receive.

However, with around 200 people here and only 100 stickers available, it means that roughly half of the participants won't receive any rewards.

"Participants can form pairs regardless of grade level, and if you scan the QR code while in a pair, the reward of that QR code will be given to both members of the pair. For example, if it's 30,000 points, then each member of the pair will receive 30,000 points."

Does this mean that if only pairs read 100 QR codes, then 200 people would receive rewards?

"Also, the locations where codes are available are predetermined."

To put it simply, restrooms, guest rooms, employee floors, and indoor areas are naturally excluded, and stickers are not hidden even in restricted areas where entry is prohibited. I suppose it's strictly referring to public areas.

"Then, we'll start distributing these."

Shortly after, folded papers arrive, with areas marked with stickers on slightly altered ship maps being colored in.

"There are three riddles here. Solving them reveals the hiding places of three QR codes in total. Think of it as not being able to find them unless you solve these three."

Out of the total of 100, only three exceptions have been made.

"We'll accept registrations for the next 30 minutes. Please indicate your participation from your mobile phones."

Students start taking out their phones one after another to register. At this point, Horikita holds a microphone and appears in front of the students.

"I'm Horikita from the student council. I have a request for all participating students: Please write your names on the grade-specific list to prevent any irregular participation. No proxy writing or similar actions will be tolerated. Thank you for your understanding."

Horikita conducts the registrations in a businesslike manner, and when it's my turn, I stand in front of her.

"Please write your name here. It will cost you 10,000 points."

For some reason, Horikita holds my hand tightly and squeezes it for a while. Hey, there's someone behind waiting.

"Oh... um, sorry. Next person."

The next person seizes the opportunity while writing their name, and blushing, Horikita shakes my hand. What's with her? She's unexpectedly cute.

After leaving the designated area, the treasure hunt begins, but since I couldn't find a pair, I search nearby alone. As I peer under the sofa and such, I'm called out from behind.

"Oh, Horagasaki! So you're participating too."

It's Matsushita after a long time. We haven't met much on the ship, maybe just a few times during breaks. At the same time, this third-year who's talking to Matsushita... well, whatever. But why does Matsushita seem puzzled?

"...You're Horagasaki?"

"Do you know about Horagasaki-kun?"

Puzzled, Matsushita asks the third-year, but why do you know about me? Who even are you?

"It seems today I often encounter annoying underclassmen. We're in the middle of a treasure hunt, so let's talk later. We don't have much time, let's go."

That's my line. Today, I met a disgusting senior. Well, anyway, does he also have an annoying underclassman apart from me? This third-year seems like he doesn't have many friends.

"If you're going to say that, then it applies to Tatara-senpai as well. Please pair up with someone else and leave me alone. I'll team up with Horagasaki-kun."

"Huh?"

I see, so this person is Tatara. Tatara clearly shows an angry expression when rejected by Matsushita. He's clearly pouting, although I don't understand why.

"So Tarachan-senpai is also participating."

I dislike this guy, and he probably feels the same. So, deliberately provoking him, I ask with a smirk, and he responds with a click of his tongue.

"Are you kidding me? Don't underestimate upperclassmen, okay?"

Here it comes. These types usually bite. What a fool, this makes things easier.

With a defiant smile, I say, and Tatara approaches me, exuding intimidation. Wow, this is underwhelming. Is he really angry?

"Sorry 'bout that. Oh, and can I ask you something, Senpai?"

"Huh?"

You probably don't want to hear it, but I dislike Tatara. So, to put the final nail in the coffin, as we pass by each other, I'll lean in close and whisper in his ear...

"...Matsushita, I've already penetrated it."

With a smug grin, Tatara's pupils dilate, and he grabs my collar.

"You...!"

"Hey, what are you doing, Senpai!"

Matsushita tries to pull away the hand grabbing me. Whether Tatara regained his senses or not, he lets go of me and leaves with a resentful expression.

"...! Damn it, Matsushita. Next time."

"Yeah, sure."

He leaves while glaring at me, but I don't really care. He seems petty.

"Phew, I don't know what happened, but thanks, Horagasaki-kun. I was troubled by him following me. By the way, towards the end, he seemed angry. Did something happen?"

"I don't know. Maybe he's just hungry?"

"Hehe, what's that?"

Seems like she's not entirely convinced, but feeling relieved, she tightly hugs me and speaks up.

"Um, about what happened earlier... if you don't mind, would you pair up with me?"

"Okay, I was looking for you too."

"Really! Thank you!"

Grabbing my hand, Matsushita smiles, she's cute.

Suddenly, I remembered Tatara-chan, so I opened OAA to check. Turns out, he's a student from Class A. Overall, he's above average, probably B to C level. For me, he's trash, though. Also, His hairstyle was weird; she's not impressive at all.

"About Tatara-chan earlier, who's he? I don't like Him."

"Oh, he's been following me around. he's too persistent, even though I've hinted that I have someone I like..."

"The person you like, is it me?"

It's a creepy way to put it, but when I ask, Matsushita blushes and nods shyly.

"...Yeah."

Geez! That's too cute. Anyway, should I check under the sofa or something?

"By the way, Horagasaki-kun, it's unlikely to be there, right? Even if it is, it might be a cheap one."

Indeed, under the sofa is a typical hiding spot for QR codes. Peeking under, there's one, but of course, I won't scan it.

"In this school's pattern, do you understand? When deciding to play this treasure hunt game, it's important to determine the value of QR codes, right?"

"Of course, placing high-value QR codes in hard-to-find places makes sense."

"Yeah. Then, the next step is to determine who judges what's 'hard-to-find,' right?"

"It would be difficult to paste 100 codes alone. Even if the teachers split the work and paste them during the night, it's unlikely for just one or two people. Several would have been mobilized."

"Whether the students meticulously decided where to paste the QR codes while doing the survival test on the uninhabited island, or they entrusted the work to the teachers spontaneously. If we know that, it becomes easier to speculate where they're placed."

"After all, the layout and decorations in the corridors are basically the same. But I just want to enjoy this treasure hunt game casually."

"Well, I feel the same way."

With that, I chuckle and continue the treasure hunt game with Matsushita.

=================================

Want to read advanced chapter?

Give me your stone to this novel to reach the milestone that will give you bonus chapter per day!!!

100-200 Power Stones = 1 Bonus Chapters / Day

200-300 Power Stones = 2 Bonus Chapters / Day

300-400 Power Stones = 3 Bonus Chapter / day

Want to support me? 

You can join as member in my P4TR30N

p4treon.com/ShirooYuki ( Change 4 to a)

See ya!!

1