The decision
395 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember the original plot, instead, the dream I had just had was seared into my mind.

"Did the plot change?"

That thought crossed my mind, but the small changes that occurred wouldn't have to make the plot deviate in such an extreme way and even if it did, it still didn't explain that dream and why I couldn't remember the original plot.

"Even if I don't remember it I'm pretty sure that's not how things happened."

My mind was in chaos at this point, I was still processing the images in my head.

"Could he be...the one who brought me here?"

That could explain a few things, the person or thing that brought me here sure had enough power to erase some memories for me.

"But why did it change the plot?"

I was thinking about everything I've done so far but I couldn't think of anything that would have caused such a big change.

"Sigh~ forget it I won't be able to find the answer now."

My body was covered in sweat so I got up and took a quick shower to clean myself and cool my mind, then I laid down and fell asleep.

*

I felt something was touching my cheek, when I opened my eyes I saw a small spirit pulling my cheeks.

"Hahaha"

A small giggle was heard in the room, as I got up I could see Silfy covering his mouth as he laughed.

"Good morning Noah."

"..."

He said with a beaming smile, if it had been a normal day I would say good morning to him too but the images of my dream overlapped with his cheerful smile.

"What's wrong Noah?"

Noticing my unusual silence Silfy asked and the spirits also seemed to hear my odd behavior.

"No...it's nothing, I just didn't sleep very well last night."

"Huh? You of all people didn't sleep well?"

Silfy seemed genuinely surprised by my comment.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

"...Yeah something like that"

"I see."

Silfy walked over and sat next to me, then hugged me like a mother comforting her daughter as she stroked my hair

"What are you doing?"

I asked with deep confusion

"My mother always did this when I had a nightmare and it always made me feel better do you feel better?"

"...Yes."

 

Silfy's body was soft and warm, it also had a natural smell so to speak, I don't quite know how to explain it, but it was very comforting.

Puk

The spirits also joined in and all together they embraced me, at that moment I had already made up my mind

'I won't let Silfy die, even though it might change the plot in the future, if the end result ends up with someone close to me dying, I can easily derail this whole absurd plot so that doesn't happen.'

A gleam of determination appeared in my eyes, Silfy apparently noticing my change in attitude stopped hugging me and stood up.

"Looks like you're better now, in that case get ready and let's go to class."

Her words woke me up completely and I asked her.

"Silfy...what hour is it?"

"Mm? don't look but"

Silfy lifted her wrist and saw the time on her watch, she kept silent for a moment and then muttered.

"6:25..."

"Huh?"

"6:25"

"..."

"..."

"6:26..."

I quickly grabbed my clothes and got dressed as fast as I could, then carried Silfy on my back and started running, even though my body is small and my physical strength may be considered weak among the awakened I was still stronger than an ordinary person, so carrying someone like Silfy wasn't a problem.

Even so I wasn't used to carrying someone and we ended up being 1 minute late.

1 minute late isn't so bad, is it?

Well, that only counts if your teacher is not Miss Cintia, when we walked through the door she automatically said she would deduct 5 points for being late, that's even benevolent if we are talking about teacher Cintia.

After that altercation the class continued as normal, only me and Silfy were a little depressed and we tried to make up for those 5 points lost in this class, answering all the questions that teacher Cintia asked.

Our spirits improved when it was time for lunch, we sat next to Samantha and Ria on this occasion and it was a nice meal. Samantha challenged me to an eating competition which I gladly accepted, in the end I ended up winning.

In professor Nobu's class, I concentrated to the maximum to try to give him a hit during this time I also noticed that moving the mana through my body was much easier, when I used my skills I spent an almost minimal amount of mana so I could last longer in battle, I think that if I use the Lightning Impulse now I will not be paralyzed for a whole day, maybe a few hours or just numb.

When the classes finished I went to the mana room immediately, if I wanted to avoid Silfy's death I had to become as strong as possible, this time I tried to materialize a fourth ball of electricity, I succeeded but the time I lasted was only 7 seconds, I set myself the goal of lasting at least 15 seconds before the level test begins, with that in mind I trained until I ran out of mana.

I repeated the same thing the next day and invited Samantha, Ria, Silfy and Leiby to train together, they also had to become as strong as possible, although in my dream only Silfy died I could not be sure, they all accepted without problem and Arthur also joined us.

Every day we trained together improving little by little, I also achieved my goal of holding 15 seconds keeping 4 balls of electricity.

The days passed and passed until the day of the test arrived.

All the first year students gathered in the arena and teacher Nobu was in front of everyone along with the other teachers.

"Today we will take the placement test, it will be similar to the entrance test but with some changes. First, in the entrance test you were teleported within a delimited area of the forest, this time the whole forest will be used so keep that in mind. Second, the amount and variety of monsters also increased a lot compared to the entrance test, if you are unlucky you might encounter a monster up to rank B. You will have the same badges that will record your score and teleport you to a medical area if it detects that you can no longer fight, you can also break them to be teleported directly out of the forest if you are in a dangerous situation, you can also steal the points of another student if you defeat him as in the entrance test".

 

When Mr. Nobu's explanation ended a magic circle appeared under the feet of the students.

"Good luck!"

All the students disappeared from where they were when the light went down.

When I opened my eyes I was in an area full of rocks, a lizard-like animal tried to attack me from behind using its scales to camouflage itself with the rocks, but I quickly dodged it and cut its head off cleanly, its body turned into particles of light that entered my insignia

[Stone lizard eliminated 50 points]

"If my dream is correct, the demons won't appear until near the end of the test."

This was a relief, I could take my time to look for Silfy before they appeared, with that in mind I began to move as I eliminated more lizards

19