Team work
947 8 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Kang Kang Kang

We were facing some demons that attacked us as a group and as I was fighting I realized something.

"They are getting more powerful."

As we advanced, the demons we encountered were getting stronger and stronger and it was no longer enough with just one attack to finish them off.

They also seemed to be getting smarter, they started attacking in groups and even ambushing us

"Ghahahahaha!"

With a strange laugh, Adella was....

Surfing?

-Klang Klang Klang

Summoning a small wave under her feet, she was gliding as she relentlessly attacked the demons with her rapier

"Lower demons! Prostrate yourselves before me!"

Do you have to tell everyone you meet to prostrate themselves before you?

"But she's doing a good job."

I don't know if it's because she was running out of mana or because she learned from her mistake after we told her several times.

***

"Ugh, it's getting harder and harder."

After 10 minutes we managed to eliminate all the demons, Leiby sat on the floor exhausted.

"Hmp, it's still too easy for me."

Adella said confidently, but she also looked a little tired.

"How about we rest for a bit...we already gathered a lot of horns and the class isn't far from over"

Lilia suggested as she pulled several bottles of water from her space ring.

"Alright, a noble has to take care of the state of his servants, let's take a break!"

"...That's a good mentality but I'm not your servant!"

Leiby said as she took the bottle of water.

"But...don't you think something is weird?"

I said after taking a bottle in one gulp.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"The demons are starting to ambush us, setting traps and attacking in teams, but didn't they seem to be protecting something?"

"Mm, now that you mention it...they seemed to be trying to keep us from advancing at all costs."

Lilia mentioned thoughtfully

"I've also felt that the atmosphere has become heavier."

Leiby added

"Maybe it's one of those hidden demons that the professor commented?"

Said Adella while cleaning her rapier

"Most likely that's what it is."

"What do we do then? According to the strength of the demons we just faced, it shouldn't be that far away."

Leila asked waiting for my answer

"Mm...why don't we give it a try? let's see how far we can get"

"Sounds good, I'd like to have a good fight."

"If it's okay with you guys I'm coming too"

"Excellent! then let's go kill that demon my servants!"

We all disagreed and walked in search of the hidden demon.

***

"It has to be here"

We stopped in front of the entrance of a cave, a powerful energy could be felt inside it

"Is everyone ready?"

I asked looking towards the others

"I'm always ready!"

"Ready"

"I am ready!"

Seeing that everything was ready I nodded and we entered the cave.

The cave was not big, just a long corridor to the end, as we advanced the atmosphere was getting more humid and heavy.

When we reached the end, we saw a spacious area and in the center was a demon in full armor sitting on a kind of stone throne.

"It has to be that one, let's move forward carefully."

 

As we got a little closer, the armor's eyes glowed and a great pressure fell on us.

How the hell did the academy build something like this?

I guess you can't underestimate the best academy in the world.

The demon slowly stood up from his throne, he grabbed the huge sword next to him, no, that thing was too big to be called a sword, too big, thick and rough; it looked more like a big hunk of iron

"..."

That reminds me of something...

It doesn't matter.

The thing is, that guy was huge and so was that sword.

"Attacking it head-on won't be a-"

"Let's smash that thing!"

"Wait!"

Before he finished speaking, Adella lunged forward alone.

"Click!"

She snapped her fingers and spheres of water appeared around her.

"Water missiles!"

-Fum Fum Fum Fum Fum

They shot out like bullets towards the demon and made a direct impact

"Take that!"

-Step

But absolutely nothing happened to it and it kept approaching with slow steps.

-Crash

Cracking the ground beneath him, the demon increased his speed and positioned himself in front of Adella in the blink of an eye swinging his huge sword

"Watch out!"

-Kangh!

"Kgh!"

Lilia pushed Adella away and blocked the attack, but it was so strong that her feet were buried in the ground

Several roots emerged from the ground and held the demon's arms.

[Lightning steps]

I approached from the side and tried to attack.

-Kangh!

But it broke the roots with no apparent difficulty and blocked my sword with its arm.

-Screesh

Lilia deflected the big heavy sword to the side and it smashed into the ground and broke it.

She spun around and attacked the unprotected area of the armor.

-Clank

"!¡"

But her sword bounced off as it barely touched it

"It's very sturdy!"

The demon gathered mana throughout his body and caused an explosion that caused Lilia and I to take a step back.

The demon didn't even think about his attack and came straight towards me.

"Damn it!"

-Klang!

Even though my physical strength was noticeably better than before, I still flew away from the force of the impact.

-Pam

The roots formed a net and braked my fall.

"Damn you! Who do you think I am!?"

Adella gathered a large amount of mana at the tip of her rapier and got into position to launch a large attack

"Hydro cannon!"

-Boom

A powerful jet of pressurized water shot out towards the demon who stood motionless watching her approach.

-Crash

He stabbed his sword into the ground and used it as a shield to receive the attack head on.

-Boom!

The jet of water hit him directly but he didn't move an inch.

Seeing this, Adella applied more mana to her attack, making it more powerful, but the demon still didn't move.

-Step

Until it began to slowly approach while blocking the powerful attack.

 

"Ugh!"

Adella tried to apply more force but the demon kept coming closer to the point where he was already a few feet away from her.

-Step!

The demon suddenly spun out of Adella's attack range and left her completely unprotected.

-Pam

"Uagh!"

With one hit it sent her flying leaving her rapier behind. She quickly pulled herself together and glared at the demon angrily.

"Damn you!"

As she was about to swing at the demon again I stopped her.

"Don't go alone you fucking idiot!"

-Pam

I gave her a hit on the head and she ducked as I covered her head.

"H-how dare you hit me!?"

"If I don't hit you that guy is going to do it"

I said pointing at the demon who was getting ready to attack again.

"You can't face him alone, we have to work together to pull this off."

She looked at me for a moment before she gave a big sigh and stood up

"Alright, what do I have to do?"

"...You agreed faster than I thought you would"

"Well what did you expect?"

"I don't know, something like, 'You dare to order me around? the princess of the mermaids!' or something."

"Hey! a good nobleman knows how to recognize his mistakes! I'm the great princess of the mermaids, in the future I'm going to rule the whole kingdom, listening to my servants' suggestions is something I'll have to do to solve future problems!"

She said pointing proudly at herself with a big smile

"Haha, very good."

-Crash

We dodged the attack the demon threw at us and moved to join up with the rest

"Listen, I have a plan"

"Which one?"

Leiby asked expectantly

"Hit it with all our might without giving it a chance to counterattack."

"..."

Hearing that my incredible plan, Leiby was speechless.

"Simple but effective, I like it"

Said Lilia giving a thumbs up.

"Excellent plan partner!"

"I'm no longer a servant?"

"My rating of you went up a notch, feel honored."

"Thank you?"

"Sigh~ That's not even...screw it, let's do that."

In the end Leiby agreed and we started executing my amazing plan.

[Dryad Domain: Field of flowers]

A large number of flowers bloomed inside the cave completely changing the scenery.

"Let's go!"

[Lightning steps]

-Zaz

I approached the demon leaving an electric trail behind me and started to attack it.

-Klang Klangh Klangh

Despite being huge, the demon moved in an agile and fast way that enormous sword.

-Fum

-Klangh!

Lilia ran and jumped behind him, giving him a hit on the head that destabilized him.

-Crash

Huge roots emerged from the floor and threw the demon away, smashing him against the wall and leaving a big hole in the ground.

He staggered out of the hole but he didn't have time to recover.

"Winter slash!"

Lilia ran dragging her sword on the ground and when she swung it several columns of ice headed towards the demon.

-Crash

But it shattered them with a swing of its sword.

"Ghahahahaha! You forget me!"

Adella who had retrieved her rapier was "floating" using a column of water and propelled herself towards the demon.

-Klangh!

Using his greatsword as a shield he blocked its attack but Adella didn't stop.

"Don't underestimate me!"

Mermaids are a species that can live perfectly well on land but their kingdom is under the sea, living in a place with much more pressure than on the surface, Adella's muscles developed differently than humans to withstand that pressure.

In other words, even though Adella's body may appear small and weak, her muscles have developed differently than humans'.

-Crash!

In terms of physical strength, she is the strongest of the group.

The ground beneath the demon cracked and he started to retreat but it was still not enough.

 

[Lightning impulse]

-Klangh!

""Aaaahhhh!!!""

I joined her and using all our strength we were able to push the demon back.

"Lilia!"

Lilia positioned herself in front of us and prepared to attack.

"Winter Slash!"

Several columns of yarn headed towards us, we dodged out of the way at the last moment and the demon smashed into the ice columns causing a great roar that echoed throughout the cave

"We got him?"

When the demon became visible he was standing leaning with his sword and with his armor cracked

"Keep up the attack!"

We quickly moved and began attacking it from all directions.

-Klang Klang Klang Klang Klangh

Without giving it a chance to rest we attacked it non-stop, if it blocked one attack another one came from another direction, if it tried to attack we blocked it and if it tried to escape Leiby immobilized it with its roots.

We were intimidating him at this point, until finally he couldn't take it anymore and fell down dead after we hit him for 30 minutes straight.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha"

"Ha...ha"

"ha, ha, ha, ha, ha"

We were all tired after hitting him for so long.

"Ha...damn...you...tough bastard"

"Still...I'm surprised this "plan" worked"

"If I'm honest with you, so am I...I mean...plans never work out the way you expect them to."

Even though my plan was perfect and flawless I didn't think it would really work out

Ba, what does it matter?

Did it work or not?

That's what matters

"I thought he would have a second phase or something."

Adella said as she looked at the dead demon on the floor.

"You don't think it's going to revive...do you?

"..."

"..."

"..."

We stared at the body for about 5 minutes but it didn't move an inch, it was a bit disappointing but better for us

I feel like we are breaking some kind of rule though.

"..."

Na, sure it's nothing

After resting for a while we cut off the demon's horns, they were bigger than the previous demons and had a slightly darker shade.

We decided to stay in the cave until the test was over because we were too tired to continue fighting with more demons.

Now we were telling each other stories of when we were kids.

"So, when I was 10 years old a big sea monster appeared in our kingdom threatening to destroy it, but guess what happened?"

"Your dad defeated it with one hit?"

"My dad defeated it with one hit! It was awesome!"

"All your stories end the same way."

"Do you have any complaints?"

"I can tell one."

"Your stories also end the same way Lilia, with your father doing something radical because the slightest thing happened to you."

"Well your stories aren't very interesting either! Did you spend your whole childhood talking to squirrels?"

"I didn't talk to squirrels!"

"Hey, calm down, don't start fighting again."

"What about you Noah? You're the only one who hasn't told a story about his childhood."

"Right! I'd like to hear one!"

"Me too"

The three of them looked at me and asked me to tell a story from my childhood so I tried to think of one.

"Mm..."

In my childhood I...

What did I do in my childhood? I don't remember.

Eh? Come to think of it...

I don't remember anything from my childhood or any later stage of my life before I transmigrated into the novel, in fact, I don't remember anything outside of the novel.

Did I have parents?

Friends?

When I arrived here I also took for granted that this has always been my appearance and that Noah has always been my name.

It's like...

I didn't exist until I transmigrated.

At that moment I began to despair trying to remember something before I transmigrated in the novel.

What was my world like?

How did I live before?

Who brought me here?

"Noah?"

Just as I was starting to panic, Lilia's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

"Eh? yeah...it's just..."

Seeing that my face was pale Lilia said in a worried tone.

"Maybe...it's a little complicated?"

"Well...let's just say yes"

"Ah, sorry if I made you remember something unpleasant."

Leiby apologized maybe thinking that my past was difficult or something, but at this moment I was too confused to correct her

"It's okay, let's not talk about it anymore, the class is about to end."

Adella said and the next moment our bodies started to glow and we were teleported one by one out of the cave.

As they disappeared my mind couldn't stop spinning on the same subject.

"Before I got here I..."

Who was I?

Finally my body also disappeared from the cave.

5