Chapter 03: Tables Have Turned
502 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where do you think you’ll be escaping..?”

A sweet yet cold voice resounded behind the youth. Without hesitation, he turned around only to find a beautiful lady clad in red, her dress looks fancy enough to be noticed as a noble, and her deep red eyes stared deeply into the innocent eyes of his.

“S- Sister..?!?!”

As soon as he finally noticed her, she put on an act and smiled creepily at him.

“It’s been a while Alastor, did you miss me..?”

GULP

Ryan couldn’t help but to swallow the saliva stuck in his throat, followed by all the strands of his hair spiking in fear. 

“I thought I may have mistaken something but, did I hear anything about YOU and GEORGE escaping the household, mmmhm..?”

“No… DEFINITELY NOT MADAM.” (Alastor)

And with a sly smile, the pretty lady sister of Alastor starts petting his head; “Good, good! You’re still the same good innocent child Alastor that I knew… I would have been very displeased if you REALLY did PLAN on escaping.”

The two siblings shared a seemingly warming moment, as she pets his head to her heart’s content but deep inside, in the perspective of Alastor…

IT HURTS SOO MUCH!!!

The seemingly thin hands of hers that's been petting his head for a while now, actually felt so heavy and painful as she put a little amount of her strength with it.

Please… I wouldn’t ever think of escaping again… Just remove your hands, just please….

AAAAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I COULD FEEL MY HEAD SPLITTING APART!!!!! (Alastor)

And to start everything, let’s introduce this pretty lady that’s considered Alastor's older sister.

Witch of Chaos, Devil, Demon Slaughter, the person in front of Alastor is called in a lot of names in the novel. And as her title suggests, she also plays the most important parts in the novel, “hero’s adventure”.

Slaughtering everything in her way in the battle field, she’s soon going to be named as “white demon”, as her snowy white hair fluctuates along with her moonlight sword in the battlefield and becoming infamous just by existing, she’s the one who’s the main character going to meet around the half part of the novel to train him so he could battle the demonic cultist in the future events.

Alessandra Wayne, the white demon of the Count’s Wayne family. And the sole heir of the Wayne family, that’s who she was. Although it may be the weaker version of Alessandra Wayne, but, still…

WHAT IN THE FREAKING HELL IS THIS STRENGTH…

ARE YOU SAYING SHE’S BEEN THIS STRONG EVEN AT THIS YOUNG AGE…

She’s built a monster… Definitely, if not… What other reason would there be… (Alastor)

Ignoring the trying to hold on over her strength’s Alastor, she glanced to the side before meeting eyes to eyes with the butler George.

“Uncle, how have you been?” (Alessandra)

George professionally replied to his young miss with a calm demeanor as if nothing special happened at all just a few minutes ago; “I’ve been well, Milady.What could be the reason for Milady's arrival, if I may ask..?”

“Are you dumb or something uncle, of course I’ve gone to visit the father and this pipsqueak here as we happened to have a few months break for now,” Seemingly irritated over the most obvious question of the butler, Alessandra sighed before shifting her even more irritated eyes to the pipsqueak beside her and continued her speaking; “Did this brat caused you any troubles while I was gone? Or did he go insane during my absence..?”

If not, why else would this brat be planning on escaping to the city just to stay away from her? Well, indeed, she herself may be scary but she shared a lot of warmth moments with this brother of her’s (bullying moments teehee).

And at some point, Alessandra thought of an idea why he would start resorting to this escaping stuff.

Perhaps, I may be really right, no?? LIKE MAYBE HE REALLY DID GO INSANE… (Alessandra)

Recalling a glimpse memory when they were young, the younger brother of her’s used to spout some nonsense stuff saying in the line of; “I AM A REINCARNATOR”, “I’M OLDER THAN YOU BY MY REAL AGE BRAT” and “I REALLY DID REINCARNATED INTO THIS NOVEL I’VE ONCE READ THOUGH…”

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS ATTITUDE UNTIL NOW…

Maybe, during those times, he already went insane… If only, she had talked about it with her mom and dad so they could get him back to becoming sane… Everything would’ve been prevented…

Well, what’s once lost is already long lost. (Alessandra)

She can now only accept the fact that her brother really finally went insane.

Before she knew it, her eyes started getting all cloudy…

She looks at him with pitying eyes for the last time before retracting her hand from his head. Her eyes that were bursting with bloodlust earlier now have been changed to puppy eyes.

“I’m sorry Alastor, If only I could’ve prevented it when you were a child… I truly apologize brat.”

HUH??

Alastor in the meantime, right after he recovered from the pain of being pet in his head, immediately tilted his head in response with all confusion.

Although it's great that his sister suddenly changed from crazy to… A seemingly innocent kind girl… What in the hell is that… Why are there tears seemingly slowly about to fall off from her eyelids… 

Even though she wasn’t even doing anything to him now but just straight up staring at him… Somehow… Alastor felt… Uneasy and pitied…

Like…

DON'T LOOK AT ME WITH THOSE THAT SEEMED TO SAY “MY BROTHER HAD GONE INSANE” YOU CRAZY WITCH!!!

I SHOULD BE THE ONE LOOKING AT YOU LIKE THAT, NOT YOU TO ME!!!

HOW THE HELL THE TABLES HAD TURNED IN A SHORT PERIOD…

I’M STILL COMPLETELY SANE!! OR AM I? BUT EVEN SO! I DEFINITELY AM STILL SANE! (Alastor)

Note: I started calling him Alastor ever since his older sister called him by his name, in order not to confuse the old/new readers, as it’ll give out the vibes of confusing the main character between Ryan and Alastor. I’ll probably use his perspective as Ryan only when unfolding stories about his past and his past life. Thank you all for reading <3

17