Chapter 06: The Beginning Of Ryan’s Story
319 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

Alastor woke up in his bed, before blankly staring at the ceiling, seemingly still daydreaming.  

Today, he had to pack his things and go with his sister to the wizard’s tower. Although it's totally different from what he had planned on living, he still got a lot of privileges to enjoy so he should be more thankful for it.

And… This journey would also greatly benefit him…

Although he’s not sure what kind of profession Alastor took from the novel as he was really never portrayed that much in the novel, Ryan himself had no idea what path would be best for him. Rather, if it’s possible, he’d love to learn everything… Although that’s more greedy now.

SFX For Bones Crackings*

Alastor slowly gets up from his bed before stretching his whole body. Weirdly enough, today, his whole body seemed to be in so much pain. It was as if someone had placed a curse upon him, even just stretching a part of his arm felt like it’s going to be his death.

When he looked around his room, Alastor suddenly had a weird smile upon his face. 

Everything really seemed like a dream. No matter how many times he says it, he himself still couldn’t believe everything is real now.

But, still…

“Alastor Wayne had such a nice life, I’m envious…” (Alastor)

Never would he ever think he would be living a life such as what he had right now, even in a million years. Having a room for himself that looked like a VIP bedroom in tv dramas, and no longer having to live in that small and boring, lonely house of his. 

Honestly, if these were all a dream, he would have wished to never wake up ever again.

Alastor slowly approaches the window, before opening the curtains. 

As the curtains slowly opened, the sunlight penetrated the windows and finally reached his room.

Guess that’s the sign for him to finally prepare and leave.

And with that in mind, Alastor prepared his luggages before leaving his room and going out the manor, but before he did manage to leave the manor, Alastor met again the person who’s consistently been on his side since he was a toddler. 

“Uncle! Good Morning Uncle! What’s wrong? Did you get beaten up or something Uncle..? Why are your eyebags so dark today.?” (Alastor)

It was none other than his Uncle George. It’s always the same face but never once does Alastor ever get bored of it. It seemed like George had been waiting for him since midnight as his eyes showed visible large eyebags… George hid his hands behind him as he patiently waited for the right moment to tell his Milord his worries.

“Milord, I have prepared something for you before you leave.” (George)

Slowly taking out the lunch boxes George had prepared before his Milord leaves, he also included a few sackets of gold, including many notes, before handing it out to his Milord.

“Uncle… These are all too much for me… I’ll take the lunch and keep everything to yourself alright..?” (Alastor)

 

Never in his life had he ever got someone who truly cared about him, that’s why… All his Uncle George’s doing is too much to handle. Even so, Uncle George still persisted and continued to deny Alastor disapproval.

“Take it Milord. Your journey with Young Miss will be a long one. You had to be strong and come back bigger alright?” (George)

“But-” (Alastor) 

“No but’s, take it Milord, and have a safe trip.” (George)

Before Alastor could even finish his line, George cut him off and eagerly supported him with his journey.

“Uncle… I owe you a debt.” (Alastor) 

A debt… 

Something Alastor hates the most, and something he always pays back in double.

As someone who manages to get everything he wants through his own efforts, and gets doubted a lot of times by everyone, Alastor hates it the most owing someone a debt. Even if it's money or someone helped him by chance, he would always hate them nonetheless.

It’s not because he’s arrogant or some sort, but simply. He learns in the past that he’ll never want to be ever pitied again. Call it pride or whatever, but for him…

I’d prefer death rather than owing someone else a debt… (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Somehow, even though he tried to repress it, his eyes started to get cloudy. Alastor wiped away the tears slowly peeking from his eyelids and smiled at his Uncle.

“Milord…” (George)

George must’ve felt it too, his Milord that’s always been either fooling around like a crazed old man or aloof most of the time. George felt that his Milord’s emotion took a change. George tried and suppressed his own emotions too as memories started flashing before his eyes, on how this so-called talentless or just average Milord of his who was looked down by everyone except his family, ran away through all those by smiling and being insane. Although, in reality, Alastor wasn’t really insane…

That same Milord that he’s been serving for the past ten years, now finally going to set on his own journey, and someday, will definitely become a great fine man.

“Milord, have a great journey!” 

With a big smile on his face, George bid farewell with his Milord without an ounce of doubt but genuine happiness for him.

How many times had he seen his Uncle George ever smile since he’s been with him? Normally, he would rarely smile, and even if he did, it would be like a forced one, and yet, that same uncle of his was warmly smiling in front of him.

Something he would never see even if the end of earth probably comes (doubt).

Seeing how his Uncles smile so brightly, a smile slowly rose up from Alastor’s face. And for the last time, he finally bid farewell to him too.

“I’ll be going now, Uncle! Until then, you better keep that ugly not fitted smile on your face.” (Alastor)

“Thank you for everything! I will be back soon, Uncle!”

Cracking a joke even at such a moment, Alastor really is the same Milord that George knew. And with that, George watched his Milord’s figure disappear into the distance with a huge smile on his face.

11