Chapter 08: Princess Hayla
341 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The White Demon, Alessandra Wayne- that same so-called demon from the novel, is currently slowly approaching the bandits with her sharp cold sword glowing terrifyingly beside her.

And at this moment, the bandits knew they’re fucked… From the strength she’s showing alone, they know they’re no match for her. But probably because they thought they could scare the hell out of that white demon by their physique, the seemingly leader of the bandits faced her forward and opened its mouth to speak;

“Well, aren’t you a fancy one? Are you ready to face your death? If not, run away while you can.” 

Although pathetic, even Alastor felt bad about the leader of the bandits trying to bluff his way into scaring them. Unfortunately, such a bluff won’t work against that demon.

Alessandra's evil smile intensified as she hardened her grip over her icy sword, and soon, Alessandra suddenly disappeared from her position before reappearing right behind the leader’s of bandit. All the bandits glanced left and right, trying to find the shadow of the white demon, however, it was all in vain.

SFX for fountain of blood*

Was it raining? Why’s everything seem to be in reverse??


The bandit’s leader's head flew into the sky, followed by a fountain of blood flowing from his severed head.

The last thing he saw was the sky before his head was severed from his body… Although it's such a cruel way to kill someone, at least the bandit leader died without suffering. It’s a cruel yet painless way to die.

“BOSSSS!!!!!”

The other two bandits cried out of agony upon losing their leader.

“Well, I guess that’s it.” (Alastor) 

It’s over, just like that, unfortunately. They didn’t even get to fight her head on, they just died right in the spot. 

“And you’re telling me this is the weakest version of that demon…” (Alastor)

Alastor didn’t even want to imagine just how more cruel she would be once she grew up. No wonder she received the name demon slaughterer during the war with demons.

Well, now that everything’s all wrapped up, Alastor no longer paid attention to the one-sided slaughter of his sister and stepped inside the carriage before telling the coachman to go.

“Start the carriage, it’s all over so let’s help them clean up.” (Alastor)

The coachman stared at his Milord with strange eyes before starting the carriage once again. 

It truly is a weird sight, the supposedly 10 years old young master of the Count’s household was ordering him to start the carriage and clean up, as if everything that happened was nothing out of ordinary. 

And what he finds more weird is, despite his Milord being at the age of 10, he always seemed to be more mature or rather- he talks like someone who has lived his life for decades already.

I mean… Well, he really did so…

Well, it could possibly be because he inherited the great mind of his father. The coachman soon discarded the weirdness he found around his Milord.

It didn’t take long until the carriage soon arrived from where Alessandra was. Alastor soon left the carriage, only to be welcomed by… A really weird sight. Rather than weird, it’s beyond his imagination that he would encounter such an important character this early in the story.

“Princess Hayla..?” (Alastor)

Out of nowhere, Alastor accidentally muttered the thought stuck in his head. 

“Alastor? You two knew each other?” (Alessandra)

Alessandra stared at him with confused eyes before asking the princess beside her; “Your Highness, have you two perhaps met before..?” 

“Mhmmm… No..?” (Princess Hayla)

Princess Hayla, she was one of the most important characters in the story, and also one of the heroines that soon fell in love with the main character later down the story. Accompanied by her blond hair that signifies the lineage of being a royal blood. Princess Hayla was not only blessed with magic, but also with beauty that could not be compared to others in the whole continent. 

“Why are you here..?” (Alastor)

Did something change in the story or something?

At least, from what he knows, the princess only appeared from the novel during the Academy Arc, but, to be introduced this early..? 

Did my action change the flow of the story..? (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Other than that, or it's either this one of the untold stories from the novel, nothing could explain why the princess is here with them.

Alastor scanned the surroundings, and noticed that Alessandra tied the other two bandits on a tree. It’s still unknown why she left them alive, but at the very least, the problem is now gone, even so, one question remained unanswered…

“What are you doing here in the middle of nowhere, Princess Hayla..?” (Alastor)

Alastor’s genuinely confused, to the point he didn’t even realize... He made a grave mistake just now… The white demon, Alessandra, glared at him with wicked eyes.

“IT’S. YOUR. HIGHNESS.” (Alessandra)


SHUDDER!

Alastor almost got himself killed. Just the deadly stare alone coming from Alessandra, felt like there were lots of knives pointed behind his back… Alastor coughed a few times before finally fixing his manners towards the princess.

“Your Highness, is everything okay? What happened, and how were you attacked..?” (Alastor)

“UH…. OH….” (Princess Hayla)

It seemed like she was pressured by the sudden change of manners, including everything that unfolds just a few minutes ago. Princess Hayla took a long deep breath, before she finally calmed herself and starts speaking; 

“Ummm… I was apparently told by the knights to go to the wizard tower, according to my father’s wishes… But before I get to leave along with the knights. The horses ran off and led me here… Then there’s those bandits… And uh…” (Princess Hayla)

HEY HEY HEY!! 

JUST LOOKING AT HOW SHE’S ACTING BY NOW, RATHER THAN BEING SCARED OF THE BANDITS, SHE SEEMS TO BE MORE TERRIFIED BY THE DEMON RIGHT BESIDE HER!

ONCE AGAIN, WE’RE NOT THE VILLAINS HERE, ALRIGHT!! (Alastor Inner Monologue)

 

Upon hearing everything that happened to the Princess, Alessandra seemed to be a little… Emotional..? Again..???

“It’s going to be alright now, Your Highness. Why don’t you accompany us since we’re heading there too? I may not be at the same level as your knights but I promise, I will do my best to protect you here by your side until we arrive at the wizard tower.” (Alessandra)

Alessandra said… With a smile… 

And that smile, looks so terrifying enough, to the point I could spot Princess Hayla slowly… Slowly… Distancing herself from her..?

AGAIN!!! WE’RE NOT THE VILLAINS HERE!!

IF THERE WOULD BE A VILLAIN HERE, IT WOULD ONLY BE THAT DEMON!!! (Alastor Inner Monologue)

13