Chapter 10: Farhayla Claudia POV
258 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What does it feel like to finally achieve all your dreams and have everything you’ve always wanted?

Heaven? Happiness? None of that exists, when you finally reach the summit of your dreams.

Looking at the huge crowd cheering and screaming her name, the celebrity Farhayla Claudia puts on a pretty smile before starting her concert. 

“LOOK AT US MISS FARHAYLAAA!!”

“OUR GODDESS FARHAYLAAAAA!”

I don’t like it… (Farhayla)

No matter how many times she has done this act before, it always bothers her about how tiring to force a smile, and could only relieve herself by singing to the crowds. All the tension is gone… Even the fear of dancing and singing in front of a lot of audience no longer exists in her heart. But with the fear gone, the joy of her concert feels nonexistent.

But why?

Farhayla bit her lips as she continued to force her smile, staring down over the huge crowd cheering for her. Even though she considers all this tiring sometimes, she still loves her job. Sadly, this would probably be her last performance.

As her pretty eyes slowly close itself to blink, a memory plays like a video tape on the back of her eyes.

SFX for flashback*

Going back to when Farhayla went to one of the most prestigious hospitals, the news she heard from the doctor that she will never ever forget, plays like a movie scene in her head.

“You only have 1 week to live, Miss Farhayla.”

As her eyes opened once more, the crowd cheering from her eyes became larger, as everything started to feel dizzy, but even with all that, Farhayla forced herself and fought her illness, smiling and singing to her heart's content over the crowd.

And as she closes her eyes once more, the memory plays again like a movie scene, playing on the back of her eyelids.

“You have been diagnosed with Leukemia Miss Farhayla, as it hasn’t been treated early on… I fear that you won’t be able to live for a month, or even two weeks.”

She wants to cry so bad. She wants to scream everything out, and yet… She can’t do any of that right now, and could only continue smiling at the crowd while delivering the best of her songs as it could be the last.

“I’m sorry Miss Farhayla, we’ve done everything we could but, I suggest, you enjoy your life, and spend it with your family, as it may be your last.”

SFX for End of Flashback*

As the last and the most painful part plays in her head, like a movie scene, Farhayla clenched her fist, as she continued to smile over the crowd. 

I want to run… (Farhayla Inner Monologue)

If there’s a way to escape this upcoming death of her’s, she would offer everything. But no one is immune from death, sooner or later, everyone else would come greeting their own death. 

But why… Just why mine has to be this early… (Farhayla Inner Monologue)

Now that she has everything she always dreamed of, what’s the point of it if her life is going to end soon anyways…

Why me…

Why me when I haven’t even done everything I’ve wished I’ve done early on in my life…

I haven’t even experienced having a boyfriend yet, creating my own family… Live my life without regret, so why… Why is everything coming to an end this early… 

What’s the point… Of all I’ve worked hard for all this time… If my own life is going to end soon anyways… (Farhayla Inner Monologue)

Farhayla offered everything she had, and sang all her songs to the crowd, as if it were her last moments. And soon, as the concert slowly comes to an end, the cheering crowd starts to leave with a smile on their faces. 

After the concert ended, she was greeted by so many fans at the back of the stage, and right after she finished signing their autographs, she suddenly had a change of mind and walked to the station, instead of leaving with her personal car.

And that’s when— 

“RUN!! MISS FARHAYLA, RUN!!”

Everything goes into more chaos. Apparently, one of her fans followed her to the station after the concert, and even chased to kill her. During that incident, Farhayla accidentally bumped into a middle aged man waiting for the train, and they ended up falling into the railings.

Farhayla slowly opens her eyes, as she soon realizes she’s in the railways on top of the middle aged man she pushed off by accident too.

“Arghhh! What was that?!” 

The middle aged man complains, as he glared at her. His eyes that looked so gloomy and tiring, soon met her beautiful brown eyes, however, something more crucial soon broke this staring contest.

“Uhhh…. A-Ah…” (Farhayla)

SFX For Incoming Train* 

My… My body… Why, it’s not moving… (Farhayla Inner Monologue)

In the middle of all this, Farhayla's body shakes in fear, as she remains motionless in the ground. 

Death.

Even though she knows it’s something that’ll come and take her sooner or later, the fear of death still struck in her heart.

I want to live…!! (Farhayla Inner Monologue)

As the desire to live screams out on top of her heart, the middle aged man pushed her off in a hurry, leaving her stoned at the railway, with the view of the departing back of middle aged man trying to save himself from death as well.

Farhayla bit her lips as tears soon started coming down from her eyes. It was foolish of her to expect someone would abandon their own lives to save her, it was her own selfishness that wanted her to keep going and live anyways. However, what surprised her next was, as the middle aged man was so close to climbing out of the railways… 

As if time had stopped, he suddenly… He suddenly stopped climbing and hopped down, before dashing towards her. Although the sight of it was truly pathetic, it was like looking at a sweating monkey dashing towards her to feast on her. Everything still felt like a dream come true for Farhayla, as the dark knight came dashing to save the day.

The dark knight carried her from the railway, even though he could barely stand by himself due to fear of upcoming death, before successfully pushing her back up into the station with the help of other people at the top.

And as if time has finally resumed, the train finally comes rushing in, ending the life of her dear dark knight…

“NOOOO!” (Farhayla)

Farhayla extended her hands trying to reach out for her dark knight, but to no avail… The emergency soon comes to the station, before getting her out of there, and retrieving the corpse of the middle aged man.

Farhayla’s tears continue to rain down, as everything finally comes to an end.

11