Chapter 09: Wizard’s Tower
289 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your highness, why don’t you accompany us to the wizard’s tower or we can accompany you until your royal knights arrive?” (Alastor)

Even though he didn't like it, Alastor offered help for the lost princess. As endangering her life would only put his future into a bad position, he had to make sure the princess stays safe.

Princess Irish stared at Alastor with puppy eyes, quite hesitating what she’ll do, before glancing at the witch right beside her. Upon meeting eyes to eyes with the witch, her brows slightly quake in fear. She still feels nervous that she’ll be accompanied by these two strangers who saved her, but for some reason, she felt like she could trust the word of Alastor.

“Ummm… If it wouldn’t be too much of a bother for you… I would love to join you to the wizard’s tower…” (Princess Irish)

“Oi! Alastor! Wouldn’t it be better if we just wait for her royal guards instead??” (Alessandra)

“We can do that, but what if another bandits attacks us again..?” (Alastor)

“Uh… I can just subdue them though…” (Alessandra)

Alastor bloodshot eyes glares at Alessandra, his mind quite baffled over the most obvious lie of his sister.

BY SUBDUE, perhaps you meant kill, right?… YOU MEAN, KILL, RIGHT..? (Alastor Inner Monologue)

It would be rather bad to let the young princess see more blood shed like earlier, so if he can, he would love to avoid pointless battles if he can.

“.... Dear sister, we can’t afford to put her life at risk by slowing down. What if a stronger bandits comes and attacks us? Are you confident you would be able to protect the princess with your life on the line..? But, Your Highness, the decision is yours.” (Alastor)

“...”

Talking as if he was an experienced old man, Alessandra stares deeply upon the eyes of the youth, who once she called crazy. Well, she still does until now. Although it makes no sense, he talks like that in his current age, at least, what matters is what he said is right. Alessandra could only stay silent as the princess finally made her decision.

“... If it wouldn’t be too much of a bother… I would love to accompany you two to the wizard’s tower… Will it be really okay..?” (Princess Irish)

EHE-

With a creepy wry smile appearing on his face, Alastor turned as he walked towards the carriage, before he opened the door of the carriage, giving the princess- a princess treatment.

“Of course Your Highness, we would be more than honored to have your company. Please come inside! Well it may not be as fancy as your royal carriage but, Your Highness, please come inside and pick your seat, make yourself feel at home.” (Alastor)


Now that everything’s in perfect order, Alastor celebrated in his mind.

FINALLY, I THOUGHT IT’S GOING TO BE A LONG TALK BEFORE I CAN CONVINCE HER BUT THANK GOD, SHE SEEMS LIKE A REASONABLE PERSON… (Alastor Inner Monologue) 


Although he’s not sure what kind of disaster his involvement would bring in the near future, for now, all he’s happy for is that the pain in the ass is finally gone.

Somehow, Princess Irish suddenly remembered someone from the sight of the youth standing before her. Although it's nothing but merely a sweet memory she’ll never forget, Alastor reminds her so much of that guy the most.

Princess Irish nods her head, and finally steps inside the carriage, picking the seat beside Alastor. Alessandra sat opposite them with a serious face, she couldn't afford to let her guard down even for a moment as the Princess and her Alastor could only rely on her.

Their trip went smoothly unexpectedly. They never encountered any bandits again, and at most, it was a long boring silent ride. Inside the carriage, Alastor and Princess Irish talked about random stuff that comes to their mind, and surprisingly, Princess Irish vibes the same way Alastor does. It was as if he was talking to an old friend, it didn’t feel uncomfortable, rather, they were actually having adult conversation despite their age.

And after an hour had passed, the coachman stopped, before slowly opening the door of the carriage for the princess.

“Your Highness, we’ve finally here. We have arrived at the wizard’s tower.” 

Princess Irish stepped out of the carriage, followed by the duo siblings, Alessandra and Alastor. And, with proud smugness on her face, Alessandra introduced the wizard’s tower to the two newcomers. 

“WELCOME, YOUR HIGHNESS, AND ALASTOR! WELCOME TO THE WIZARD’S TOWER!! THIS IS THE CONTINENT’S ONE OF THE MOST PROTECTED PLACE, HOME OF THE SAGE AND GENIUSES, THE WIZARD’S TOWER!!” (Alessandra)

Greeted by a huge wall covering his eyesight, Alastor's eyes glanced from the bottom to the sky, before everything finally became clear. 

So this was a wizard's tower, huh…

Tall buildings reaching up to the sky, although it has more of the medieval setting buildings to it, it’s still astonishing that the wizard’s tower looks like modern tall skyscrapers, and at the size of a small city at that…

Hell, I haven’t even gone inside, yet I already feel dizzy… (Alastor Inner Monologue)

And from Alastor’s side, Princess Irish… Also seemed, really… How do you say this… She seems really astonished as well… It was as if it was her first time witnessing such a sight despite living the life of a Princess, Princess Irish had those bright child eyes, shining so brilliantly.

HUH??


Even Alastor feels… Weirded out by it…

It’s like…

It’s like a child's first time going into an amusement park, her eyes shining so brightly, and unbefitting her title, the Princess looks around in astonishment, as she smiles in all excitement. 

“Well, I guess even a Princess could have a weird side sometimes—Ooof…” (Alastor)

Before Alastor even realized it, he accidentally spoke his thoughts out, catching the attention and rage of his dear sister…

DEATH! 

THERE’S NOTHING MORE HE COULD THINK OF OTHER THAN BEING TORTURED TO DEATH BY HIS SISTER DUE TO THIS JUST ONE BIG MISTAKE!

Alessandra smiled at Alastor, before whispering something only the two of them can hear;

”Welcome to the wizard's tower, my dear brother. I’ll do my best and make sure you live a living hell~”

GULP

Alastor swallowed the dried saliva sticking out of his throat, before he suddenly thought of one solution…

Maybe I should kill myself soon? (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Alastor smiled his way out, as the white demon slowly approached his side.

I’m doomed. (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Now that I’m finally freed from stress, I’ll be uploading 2-3 chaps a day today onwards except (Saturday/Sunday) I prolly won’t have enough time to edit all of them, I apologize in advance if it might be too unbearable to read, my writing is kind of feel rusty due to long period without writing anything, I’ll make sure to improve the quality soon. Thank you all for reading ^^ Have a great day~!

11