Case 24: A trip to Emei.
1.8k 6 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''Artifacts? We don't have them.''

''...''

Confronting Tian Yun about the matter, Kierra was immediately faced with the reality of the situation.

'This dirt-poor sect...'

''It is quite embarrassing, but our sect is relatively young, you see.'' Tian Yun scratched her cheek. ''It has only been four thousand years or so.''

''...''

So eight times older than Kierra was considered 'young' here...?

Either way, it seemed Kierra had to see another sect for this matter. So she quickly said thanks to Tian Yun and turned away, leaving the clueless sect leader of White Lotus behind.

Kierra willed her magic and teleported to the Lightning Tiger Sect instead. Upon arriving at the front gate, she was greeted by the busy sight of the town. The archwizard then caught a guard nearby.

''Where is the sect leader?''

Seeing Kierra's signature witch hat, together with the domineering aura radiating from her, the guard replied nervously, ''H-He is currently in the main hall, I believe.''

''I see.''

Kierra shot herself up in the air and flew right into Kang Jiang's office, just like she did the night she conquered this sect. This time, however, there was not only the sect leader there.

Feng Ling, a disciple of the Emei Sect and the abbess herself, sat opposite Kang Jiang and Kang Shuren.

''...''

''...''

For a brief moment, there was an uncomfortable silence inside the room. The two from Emei stared at Kierra blankly, as did the father-daughter pair of Lightning Tiger. Finally, it was Kierra who broke the silence.

''Kang Jiang.''

''O-Oh, yes, Lord Kierra.'' Kang Jiang hurriedly stood up. ''What might you need from us?''

''Do you have artifacts?''

''Artifacts...? We do have one, but what do you need it for...''

''Researching purposes.''

Kierra wasn't lying. She was genuinely curious about them. But Kierra failed to realize that artifacts in this world were much rarer than in her old world, thus leading to this situation in which Kang Jiang was hesitant to hand over the sect's only artifact.

''Um... the thing is, Lord Kierra...''

''...?''

When Kang Jiang was about to give up and hand over the artifact, the abbess suddenly turned to Kierra.

''If you want to borrow an artifact, we can provide one.'' The abbess said.

Kierra was naturally puzzled. ''Why suddenly?''

''...''

In truth, Emei's abbess had been reflecting on herself these past few moments after the tournament. She recognized her action against Kierra that day was rash, and if she didn't try to mend her relationship with the archwizard now, the whole Emei sect would lose out on a completely new source of power.

She planned to come directly to White Lotus to do it, but who would have thought Kierra would be here, where the Emei sect's force was sent to aid the demon situation...

Nevertheless, the abbess had only one job to do.

So, she also stood up and walked up to Kierra. The abbess herself had always prided herself on being a beauty, but before Kierra, she felt like a mere country girl. Scary.

The abbess bowed lightly. ''I might have gone too far the last time. Allow me to apologize.''

''No problem. I am used to it.'' Kierra replied simply. ''Rather, you said you could provide me with an artifact, correct?''

''Of course. Follow me to Emei. It is not far from here.''

''Fine.''

The abbess secretly smiled in her heart. Now that she thought about it, a mere tournament was nothing to be concerned over. She still had lots to learn.

''Feng Ling, we are going back.'' The abbess turned to her disciple.

''A-Already, master?'' Feng Ling widened her eyes. ''There is still the demon talk...''

''The demon has been taken care of, and that is all that matters.''

''Understood...''

When the abbess, Feng Ling, and Kierra were about to leave, Kang Shuren hurriedly spoke up.

''Master Kierra. Could I move to White Lotus right away?'' She asked politely. ''I want to train myself as soon as possible.''

''You have my permission,'' Kierra replied. ''Talk to Tian Yun; she will guide you through the process.''

''Thank you very much.''

Leaving behind the girl who had her back bent and an awkwardly standing Kang Jiang, the three took off to the sky.

''Now that I think about it, what was your name again?'' Kierra questioned.

''It is Mie Xieren. How about yours?''

''Kierra Scarlett Aspenova.''

''I see.''

Soon, they entered the territory of the Emei sect. As they slowly moved over the town, Kierra marveled. This place was as big, beautiful, and bustling as many big cities back in her world.

'So this is one of the supposed top sects.'

After a bit, they arrived on top of a mountain, among many others, where a large building could be seen.

''This is our treasure warehouse.''

Although there were initial concerns over letting a stranger like Kierra enter this area, the Emei Sect eventually decided to gamble it for the archwizard's mysterious power—a chance to learn it, to be precise.

Passing through the numerous guards outside, the three entered the building.

The interior of the warehouse was similar to that of museums back in Kierra's world, which also meant this sect had enough artifacts to display them as though they were art pieces or historical pieces. There, Kierra saw swords, bows, pendants, teapots, chairs, and even a brush, among other things. It was certainly diverse, and Kierra couldn't exactly tell the differences between them. She wasn't skilled enough in qi just yet.

Nevertheless, she could already feel some sort of unique energy embedded in each and every item. Based on that alone, they seemed similar to the artifacts she knew.

Just then, they had reached the middle of the room, and Mie Xieren turned back to Kierra.

''Kierra, please sit there. I will personally bring you the items available for you.'' She said.

''I appreciate it.''

Kierra was satisfied with the abbess's current attitude. If everyone were as helpful and considerate as this woman, Kierra wouldn't have had to fight numerous wars in the past. But if so, she would not become her, as everybody knew today.

It was certainly a weird moment for the archwizard.

After waiting at the table for a while, Mie Xieren and her disciple finally came back, each carrying a wooden tray.

''Do look at them freely. You can choose one to borrow.''

''Alright.''

Kierra pondered. There were three items in each tray, for a total of six. She didn't know what they could do just yet, so she decided to ask.

''What does this do?''

''This is the Heavenly Poison Dagger. It could generate poison inside the blade and shoot it out.''

So it was quite useless. Kierra could create poison at any time.

''Hm. How about this one?''

''The largest-sized storage pendant. It has the volume of a tall building.''

Her storage space was larger than that.

''This?''

''A magical calculator. It could compute large numbers in just seconds.''

Kierra was confident she could beat this thing. No use.

''So what is this golden peach slice?''

This was clearly an anomaly. Kierra had been eyeing this from the beginning.

''This... is a part of the Peach of Truth. Whoever eats it will only tell the truth for a day.''

''Do you want to eat it?''

''Yes...?''

(・∀・)?

When Mie Xieren looked up at Kierra, she saw the archwizard was grinning ever so faintly, and her vivid red eyes seemed as though they were shining.

''...You want me to eat it?'' Mie Xieren confirmed it once more.

''Yes.'' Kierra instantly replied. ''I know what you want. I can give it to you... if only you eat this.''

Mie Xieren gulped. It was the first time in a while she felt this nervous facing someone. She couldn't read Kierra at all!

Was this a trap? Would she be scammed by this weird woman?

But the offer was too attractive. If Emei could obtain that mysterious power...

Slowly, Mie Xieren's hand reached out to the piece of golden peach.

114