Case 27: Hot chocolate and women.
1.8k 10 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

''...''

''...''

At the border of the Land of Death, silence was heavier than any words that could be muttered. Kierra's spell, by any definition, terraformed the whole region around the group. 

The previously barren and dull grey plain that once existed had now transformed into a sparkling and frigid terrain, with a shiny surface that reflected light like a giant mirror, on which were the myriads of stars for everyone's eyes to feast.

While Kierra was absorbed in the sight, Tian Yun finally snapped out of her trance.

''K-Kierra.'' She called.

''Speak.'' Kierra calmly turned around.

''When will this thing disappear...?''

Seeing Tian Yun's rather cautious attitude, Kierra sensed something was up.

''When I want it to.'' She replied anyway. ''Why?''

The white lotus let out a sigh of relief and proceeded to explain to the archwizard.

''This crazy spell of yours ought to be damaging the properties of unorthodox folks.'' Tian Yun gazed into the distance. ''If they knew who did this, you would be chased to the end of the world, Kierra. And even if you managed to hide it, they would blame the orthodox sects and wage war at them for long as this remained.''

''Unorthodox...'' Kierra quietly pondered. ''Are they supposed to be people who worship the evils?''

''Largely, yes.''

''Good. I shall leave it like this, then.''

''Ah?''

(・∀・)? (・∀・)? (・∀・)?

In true Kierra fashion, she decided to annoy the crap out of those evil folks anyway. She had a severe deficit of the interesting drug, and she had reckoned a few wars would do the trick.

They should be grateful she didn't unleash an eleven-star spell on this realm, or else half of the planet would have been blown away.

''If they want war, I shall give them war.'' Kierra firmly told the rest.

No one was able to refute the archwizard, especially after seeing what she had done to this area. Soon, Kierra got bored of looking at the empty field and once again summoned Kamikaze to return.

She could have used teleportation, but at this moment, she felt too lazy to construct that complex spell again.

Just like so, another ten-minute ride ensued, and everybody got dropped into White Lotus's plaza, some still trying to comprehend the scene they had just witnessed.

Bai Qing seemed the most impressed. She suddenly had the motivation to train for another thousand years!

Eventually, all the other disciples dispersed, leaving behind Yu Chen, Tian Yun, Shen, Lan, and Kang Shuren to follow Kierra. 

''Why are you following us?''

Shen, who was sitting on Tian Yun's left shoulder, asked Kang Shuren. On the other side, Lan was also staring down the blindfolded woman.

''I wish to follow Master Kierra closely.''

Kang Shuren replied simply.

This was genuine. At first, she was just trying to imitate Kierra's vibe, but now that she had had the first taste of magic and glimpsed the marvel it could create, Kang Shuren became an honest disciple instantly.

''I see.'' Tian Yun shrugged. ''What are we doing anyway?''

All eyes were on Kierra. She was a natural leader, anywhen and anywhere she went. Charismatic, stoic, and calm. She turned around with her usual emotionless face and immediately dropped a massive bomb.

''Copulating.''

'''' ... ''''

(;・∀・) (;・∀・) (;・∀・)

Sorry, what?

Was Kierra going to sleep with someone? Or was everybody present going to sleep with each other? Even the pets??

Fortunately, before the misunderstanding could worsen, Kierra clarified her intention.

''Not me. I am going to breed plants.'' She said. ''Why are you lot following me?''

''Ah, well, we are curious... perhaps?'' Tian Yun replied awkwardly. ''...I will be going now if you don't want me to—''

''Not exactly. You can follow.''

''Oh, okay...''

Getting the green light, the group followed Kierra into her 'My Home' pocket dimension. Leaving behind the amazed Kang Shuren, they went out to the garden.

This place was more extensive than expected, with strange plants neatly sowed in rows—most could produce rare medicine ingredients and other useful stuff. 

As for Kierra's intention at this moment, she simply wanted a cup of sweet, creamy, and delicious hot chocolate. When throwing herself into this world, she totally forgot about bringing cocoa with her, simply for the fact that she had people prepared for her before that, so she took it for granted.

Fortunately, she could still breed two or three species together to create the giant cocoa plant right in this garden. When Kang Shuren joined them, she briefly explained what she wanted to do and took out a box of seeds.

With graceful movements, she threw several of them onto an empty pot of dirt and drew her mana. From her outstretched hand, a delicate green aura diverged, plunging into the pot.

''Woah...''

''That's incredible, human!''

The pot lit dimly before the seeds grew into sprouts, where they quickly fused to create a single tree. As Kierra poured her mana in, the tree grew taller and bigger, eventually surpassing its planter and more.

''Hm.''

The cocoa fruits were ample and healthy, and the numbers weren't small. This was a success.

After turning them into actual cocoa powder using a magic procedure, Kierra invited everyone to her balcony to have a drink together. As Kierra had expected, they were impressed right away.

''So sweet...'' Yu Chen hugged her cheek.

The two pets shared a cup, and they seemed like starved dogs licking a bowl of soup. Even Kang Shuren was smiling ever so slightly.

''Puh—hah...! This is so good!'' Tian Yun, with a foam beard formed when downing the cup, turned to Kierra. ''Can I have another one??''

Sipping her own cup, Kierra calmly nodded.

''Yay!''

''...''

'Well, this is not bad.'

Every time Kierra drank a cup of hot chocolate, she remembered that woman. She was the one who got Kierra her first cup, and it became her favorite drink right away.

No matter how hard she tried, there was nothing that could be compared to that first cup.

As she stared at her own reflection on the surface of the hot chocolate—her red eyeliners, thick lipsticks, powder—Kierra fell into deep thoughts.

'...Well, knowing that woman, she would come to find me sooner or later.'

At that time, she would have to deal with her once again. It was an inevitable pain, but one that Kierra hoped to resolve one day.

''Kierra.''

Suddenly, someone gently nudged the archwizard. It was Yu Chen. The martial master of Qinling's face was relaxed, and her lips were curled up.

''What is the matter?'' 

''I just want to say thank you for the wonderful time tonight.''

''No problem.''

"By the way..." Yu Chen blinked a few times, occasionally looking to the side. "What is your type?"

''...Why suddenly?''

''I believe you are not so dense, Kierra.'' Yu Chen looked straight into her opponent's eyes. ''You felt it, didn't you? My intention.''

At this point, Yu Chen decided to just go for it. No more beating around the bush, no more hesitating. In the first place, things were always abrupt and rash in this realm. It was because of Kierra that she got a bit... wiser, one might say.

On the other hand, Kierra had no definite answer just yet. She didn't really know what her type was, and she didn't know the answer to Yu Chen's question either.

''...Just know that I prefer women.'' 

''Got it.''

Unbefitting her usual image, Yu Chen suddenly smiled sweetly, surprising even Kierra. She then happily drank the cup, knowing she at least had a chance in this.

Meanwhile, Kierra was sighing in her heart. 

She was a magnet to women, she swore.

112