Chapter 102 – Aizen and Gin Ichimaru
499 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There's nothing to be curious about," Haruko said with a smile and a shake of her head, though she knew it was Byakuya's way of showing concern for her.

"Don't worry, Byakuya, it's good news. From now on, I'll be able to meet with your uncle more often."

"Hm?" Byakuya was taken aback upon hearing Haruko's words, but then his expression brightened with joy. "Aunt, does this mean Uncle has resolved your issue?"

"Ah, your uncle said my condition won't deteriorate anymore."

"Congratulations, Aunt."

Byakuya was genuinely happy for his aunt and uncle. He then looked around, not sensing Ailin's reiatsu, and asked with puzzlement, "But Aunt, why didn't Uncle Ailin come back with you?"

"I didn't let him come back. Because your uncle said that after using his method, I won't be able to improve my skills anymore. So, I refused him for now. I want to study at the Shin'ō Academy for a few more years. If I still haven't reached the standard of a Shinigami by then, I'll use your uncle's method. After all, even for me, I really hope to become stronger."

***

Upon returning to the 11th Division, Ailin's mood had improved considerably. Although Haruko refused to accept Avalon for the time being, she was still happy to know that Ailin had successfully resolved the issue with her soul.

Moreover, Haruko even had the heart to make a bet with him. If Haruko could successfully graduate from the Shin'ō Academy and become a true Shinigami, then at that time, Ailin would have to accept her joining the 11th Division.

But if Haruko failed to become a Shinigami, she would remain in the Kuchiki Family and focus on being a good wife and mother.

This bet didn't matter much to Ailin, whether he won or lost. After all, if Haruko won, he would keep her by his side, confident that no one could harm her under his protection. If Haruko lost, it didn't matter either.

During the Thousand-Year Blood War, the main battlefield for the Wandenreich's Sternritter and the Shinigami was the Gotei 13. The nobles' residences were rarely affected. Haruko would be safe in the Kuchiki Family.

Having resolved the most significant issue for the time being, and with the number of Hollows descending upon the Soul Society decreasing significantly during this period, allowing Kiganjo and others to handle them, Ailin had some free time.

Taking advantage of this time, Ailin also created the "Sword of Promised Victory" to complement Avalon.

After all, for the power of wind, Ailin had the template of Tessaiga, and for the power of light, he had the template of the Heaven Piercing Sword.

The process of creating the "Sword of Promised Victory" was much easier than creating Avalon, but similarly, the reiatsu feedback Ailin received was also much weaker.

In terms of weapon ranks, Avalon was still superior to the "Sword of Promised Victory."

Time passed by, with Ailin creating new weapons and absorbing the combat experiences of their former wielders, and three more years went by.

***

"Captain."

Within the 11th Division, Kiganjo and Gosuke approached the captain's room and respectfully knelt before Ailin.

In the 11th Division, strength reigned supreme. It was difficult for Shinigami from other divisions to understand the 11th Division members' reverence for the strongest.

"Kiganjo, Gosuke."

"Present, Captain."

"In a few days, it will be the graduation day for the students of the Shin'ō Academy. You two will represent our 11th Division in recruiting new members. You should have a good understanding of how many people to recruit and what kind of people to recruit."

Anyway, you're responsible for the members you recruit. If there are any casualties in battle within three years, you know what will happen.”

"Yes, Captain, we will be careful."

The 11th Division was the division that experienced the most battles. If they weren't fighting Hollows, they were fighting among themselves. In such an environment, the 11th Division's new recruits often suffered heavy casualties.

After becoming the captain of the 11th Division, Ailin set a rule for the Shinigami recruited from the Shin'ō Academy.

Only the seated officers could represent the 11th Division in recruiting new members. Furthermore, each seated officer had to ensure that the members they recruited would not die within the next three years. Otherwise, that seated officer would lose the right to recruit new members.

If a seated officer couldn't even protect their subordinates, it was a disgrace for the 11th Division to put them in charge of recruitment. Those were Ailin's words.

Of course, the seated officers were not babysitters for the new recruits. If these new recruits couldn't gain the strength to protect themselves within three years, then their deaths would be inevitable.

After the Vice-Captain Kiganjo and the 3rd Seat Gosuke left, Ailin closed his eyes and continued his training.

Meanwhile, at the Shin'ō Academy, the 5th Division's Vice-Captain Sōsuke Aizen was smiling as he recruited members for the 5th Division. To satisfy the students' curiosity about the Shikai abilities, Vice-Captain Aizen kindly released his Zanpakutō, Kyōka Suigetsu, for everyone to see, earning unanimous praise from the students.

However, what puzzled Aizen was that a brat he had sensed three years ago had now become a prodigy at the Shin'ō Academy.

In just one short year of enrollment, he had completed all six years of the Shin'ō Academy's curriculum, and his reiatsu had already reached the level of an elite Shinigami.

Gin Ichimaru! With a few more years of training, it was not impossible for him to become a seated officer or even a vice-captain.

"How interesting."

Adjusting his glasses, Sōsuke Aizen smiled as he approached the boy whose height only reached his waist. "You must be the once-in-a-century genius Gin Ichimaru that the teachers at the Shin'ō Academy speak of, right?

I'm the Vice-Captain of the 5th Division, Sōsuke Aizen. If you haven't found a division you like, how about joining the 5th Division?"

Upon hearing Aizen's voice, Gin narrowed his eyes, not letting Aizen see the changes in his pupils.

It was this man! Although the moonlight was dim that night, and Aizen was wearing a black cloak, Gin, who was hiding in the bushes, still heard Aizen's voice conversing with another Shinigami.

Despite the different tone and demeanor from that night, Gin would never forget the timbre of this voice.

There was no mistake; the person who had harmed Rangiku and taken something from her soul was this man who appeared to be a good gentleman.

Suppressing his murderous intent, Gin considered whether he should join the 5th Division and infiltrate this man's ranks, investigating what he had taken from Rangiku.

Then, when his strength was sufficient, he could kill this man and retrieve whatever he had taken from Rangiku.

As Gin was contemplating, on the other side, Kiganjo was already annoyed by the children surrounding him and slammed his palm on the table.

"Listen up, brats, this is where the 11th Division recruits new members, not a playground for you to fool around. If you want to join the 11th Division, your Shunpo scores must be at least A-rank. Otherwise, you don't even qualify to clean the battlefield.

And your swordsmanship must be at least B-rank. You need the strength to independently kill Hollows and the courage to take on multiple opponents!"

"Kidō? What's that? The 11th Division doesn't need that stuff."

Seeing the commotion at the 11th Division's recruitment area, Gin suddenly smiled. "No need, Vice-Captain Aizen. I've already found the division I'm interested in, so I won't trouble you by joining the 5th Division."

With that, Gin took his transcript and ran towards the 11th Division's recruitment area. Although Gin wanted to join this man's ranks immediately, his current strength would not allow him to be quickly promoted.

Instead of wasting time with this man, he might as well join that great man's forces and receive his guidance.

Gin would never forget that the great man had once said that if he joined the 11th Division, he would personally train him.

One's own formidable strength was the greatest assurance for protecting cherished possessions.

Whether investigating Aizen or killing Aizen to retrieve what he had taken from Rangiku, strength was indispensable.

This vice-captain hiding in a cloak could only flee from that great man's hands years ago. Gin could still discern what was trivial and what was crucial.

"Oh? The 11th Division, huh?"

Aizen's glasses reflected a white glint as he looked at the 11th Division members.

This made Aizen recall that night three years ago. Even now, Aizen felt his hands were still tingling with phantom pain.

Ailin Kenpachi, the Captain of the 11th Division, was truly a troublesome fellow...

***

"Captain, these are the new members we recruited this year."

When Vice-Captain Kiganjo and 3rd Seat Gosuke brought the new recruits to meet their captain, Ailin was surprised to see that Gin had also joined his division.

"Greetings, Captain Ailin."

It seemed the seed he had planted years ago had finally borne fruit!

"Hm, greetings to you all."

After nodding with a smile to the new members, Ailin said, "Since you've joined the 11th Division, we're all family now. Here, you can rest assured to entrust your backs to your comrades and focus solely on fighting ahead.

Of course, if your comrades trustingly give you their backs to guard, you must be willing to stake your life to protect them. Vice-Captain Kiganjo, I'll leave the three-year training of these new members to you."

"Yes, Captain Ailin, I will not let you down."

"Good, leave that brat here, take the others away and train them properly."

"Understood, Captain Ailin."

After Kiganjo took the other new recruits away, only Gin remained in the courtyard outside the captain's room.

"Come here, kid." Ailin beckoned Gin Ichimaru over and had him sit beside him. With a smile, he said, "Although we've met before, we haven't properly introduced ourselves."

 

Thank you for the Ratings/Likes and Comments. Your support is the greatest encouragement for me!

Become a member at:
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

 

24