10 One Week Later
47 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has passed since I gained the ability to take things out of my TV, phone screen, photos, and other forms of similar media.

What did I do over the last week? I collected a few knick-knacks from various series—a couple of items from my reading of manhua throughout the week. In other news, I learned 1UP’s stop working after 99. I still don’t know what they do. Would they heal me, or would I wake up with a strong sense of déjà vu? I still don’t know.

I collected all the eyes. The idea was ridiculous but I had the time to burn and they might be useful at some point in the future. The process was laborious, unenjoyable, and quite disturbing. In all, it was rather disgusting. I even had to find a tool for plucking eyes without damaging them. How would I use them? I had no clue! I can't just remove my eyes and replace them even if I can heal them I don't have some Hashirama's Cell magic BS or Chakra. They would float inside their preservative bottles inside their storage picture for the foreseeable future.

On the topic of magic BS items, I had to find one after some mishaps with my training area. 

How did I make a training area? Trial and error.

My first attempt was to simply throw the desired location in a video editor and make it last for 24 hours. That failed because my laptop didn't have the storage space. Instead of a pointlessly long video, I found that GIFs were a better option. This led me to a few discoveries.

Anything I do during the duration of my time inside would be restored if I started from the beginning. I think this might be because the video ends after I leave. File size also increases while I’m inside. On another note, I couldn't reenter after exiting unless I started at the beginning or the ending. While I can set up an image before throwing it into the editor, I can still do so with a GIF. I should note the lack of active gravity on objects seems to be consistent with photos. Setting up the experiment in a GIF is safer, I remember all the crashing objects from my first attempts. Once everything is set up, I return it to the editor and create a new version using the last frame and adding a couple of seconds. Doing so seems to circumvent the reentering process. It's also easy to watch back what I was doing.

 As for what I’m training against, I stuck to weak monsters the type you’d find early in a game or manga. I’m not dumb enough to test my luck any more than I already had, and my body is rather squishy. I'm not a superman, yet.

During one of my little experiments, I ended up taking a slime out of a manga. Looking at its jelly-like surface I gave it a poke after taking it out. I thought it would be friendly. I wasn’t expecting it to acid-melt my finger off. I was in a panic after my finger melted off.

When I returned to my apartment I started going over some of the methods to restore it in my head thinking "I could just wish it back," I started looking for the Dragon Balls. After a quick browse, I ended up with a bag of Senzu Beans instead. They could supposedly restore limbs if the wound was still fresh and it didn't need to jump through hoops to use them. Healing potions were also an option but I didn't have any on hand nor did I know what effects they would have in reality.

After taking one, I learned that you must chew even a little if you want the effect to happen quickly. Otherwise, you get a delay as your body digests. After about 5 minutes the process starts. Commonly in the series, you see characters flex after consuming one. This isn’t for no reason as I personally experienced. It's sort of an involuntary response, as your muscles flex your body heals and readjusts. While I had started taking the Body-Tempering Liquid for a couple of days using about 1/8 teaspoon instead of a tablespoon I was also getting the proper response after my first try (needing to exorcise after consumption, lasting for about an hour) I was not prepared for all my muscles too contract simultaneously.

To put it simply my muscles snapped, and I ended up lying on the floor for an hour as the Senzu Bean healed the damage. Also, the healing process hurts like hell, but that might be because of my poor health and living conditions. Aside from regrowing my index finger. I lost a few teeth and grew some new ones. When I checked the lost teeth they all had some form of problem. From being chipped to having a filling. As for my finger, the process was slow as new bone started to grow from the melted part then flesh grew around it. I don’t know what hurt worse losing the finger, growing it back, or the Senzu's effects. When I returned, as revenge I poured salt upon salt on the slime until it melted like a slug. Lastly, I haven’t been hungry since I ate the bean, it isn't really a problem but it is notable.

 

As for some notable things about monsters, aside from Slimes, mostly trending toward weak Goblins, and Horned Rabbits. Monsters taken from worlds where they poof when they die leaving a drop item still happens. I ended up with a dagger doing this. Those that come from worlds where a magic core forms within their body also occur. For the most part, they form near the heart, on/in, or nearby. I ended up leaving out one of these cores for the night and it had disappeared by the morning. I ended up doing a test where I left a core on a scale throughout the day and watched it slowly shrink away.

 

For my Ki, after what I saw, I tended to err on the side of caution. Being that I kept the energy away from my head. Instead, I would send it to my limbs. From my training with Goblins, I found that when distributed I could swing faster or harder. Though it wasn’t much use. It takes too long to get enough energy in my arm for it to be useful. The multitasking is a nightmare, it's hard enough to focus and dodge but by doing it simultaneously you’re asking to get hit. Another major issue is having to continue to supplement with pills. I think the best way to describe Ki right now is like dust. When you want to move it, you are doing so with an air current. When you are attempting to direct it, some of it might go where it blows while most will go in random directions, eventually being drawn back to my dantian. I remembered from one story that Ki went through different stages the better it got. Mimicking the states of matter, gas, liquid, and solid. I wonder if there’s also plasma? Maybe one day I can even have my own internal world? For now, I just have to make the Ki dust move every now and again.

 

Currently, I stood in my current training arena a small grassland with nothing notable aside from a few trees. My opponent was one such weak goblin, malformed with unequal limbs and a blobby potbellied torso equipped with a dulled dagger and wooden shield, which it could barely figure out how to use and a brown loincloth.

As for me, I was wearing some leather armor, holding my Hylian shield in my right hand and a simple short sword in my left. I could block its attacks with little issue or move out of the way to avoid a slow wind-up for a heavy strike. I was mostly just trying to get used to paying attention to his inadvertent movements. Sometimes he would swing around and hit me with his shield. He never did this on purpose, just the way his arms were proportioned and me stepping too close.

“HeGYAA!” The goblin shouted as it performed a jumping attack. Missing me completely. Well, not completely he did manage to kick up some rocks and dust. As I moved out of the way of his next attack I heard a timer. 

*BEEEP BEEEP*

“Times up!” I shouted as I quickly kicked the Goblin before I ran a short distance before opening the exit ripple. Once back in my apartment I quickly stripped down out of my combat leathers and put on some normal clothes. Once I was presentable I started running out the door.

 

END

GIF or JIF? Or does it even matter?

0