It’s not like I want a System, baka!
439 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a normal house in the neighborhood. The cherry blossom trees were in full bloom. This morning, not many people had passed through.

A youth with slender features, slightly tanned skin and short black hair stood there looking absentmindedly. He took a deep breath and stretched his hands in the front yard.

"Let's begin the new day."

Feeling energized from the morning workouts, he went back to the house and prepared his breakfast: a rice meal with a helping of vegetables and chicken fillet.

Cleaning up his dishes, he went to his room upstairs. He turned on his PC, browsing the latest Web novels, watching anime, and catching up his favorite manga.

[Overpowered System initial--]

"Screw off!"

He screamed on top of his voice when his enjoyment of reading the romantic moment between two girls gets interrupted.

Not long after, similar notifications popped in his head and every single time, he succeeds in blowing them off.

[Host, Godly Monarch System inst--]

"Host your mother!"

[Ultimate Human System--]

"You are a sub-human ingrate who shamed your parents!"

The young man kept mentioning their parents as the succession of Systems kept getting rejected.

The main reason...

"Where the hell is your manners!"

Barging in his life when he was trying to enjoy it to the fullest. Those System notifications annoyed him to the bone.

Why not just accept it? The fact they mentioned the name first and how it sounds pretty rad, kind of interested the man a bit...NOT!

He believed great power comes with a price.

Becoming the Ultimate Human? Godly Monarch? Overpowered? He didn't have anything to do with it. It's not like he was chased by debt collectors who wanted a piece of his butt or had transmigrated to a dangerous world.

He's living a normal, well-to-do life on Earth.

After he repeatedly mentioned their parents, the notifications began to cease, but it seriously troubled him.

[Divine Cultivation System--]

[Legendary Esper System--]

[Ultimate Harem System--]

[Unparalelled Romance, it's not a Dud I swear! System--]

[Real Waifu System--]

[No Longer Forever Alone System--]

'What if I got my guard down? And why it kept on poking sore nerves that I'm just a damn single?'

The fact that unlike the MC in the other System novels--he could casually reject them.

It means those Systems weren't meant for him in the first place.

...but what if he couldn't focus his mind for a bit and the System aimed at such moment? His mental burden would soon take its tool.

He couldn't even concentrate on things normally. Most of all—he couldn't even go to sleep! Fearing, when he woke up, some goddamn bitch System had taken control of his life and forced him to do its bidding. Either through coercion, the death penalty, or most common—rouse his own greed in the carrot-stick method.

Ending up with him doing a lot of retarded, dangerous things to entertain a lot of people currently watching his life. Probably, his life itself was just a fiction, and whoever wrote his current predicament was a son of a bitch he wanted to punch so hard right now.

The biggest question: why him?

He was just some ordinary damn single. Why need to shower him with all those unnecessarily overpowered Systems?

He thought this wasn't important. He just wants all those recurring notifications to stop.

It doesn't seem these annoying messages would stop anytime soon.

[Girls' Love System! Become a Yuri girl and fulfill your dreams, even if you're a guy, will now ins--]

"Nope!"

The last one nearly caught him off guard. With the rejections, it seems something up there started to learn his preferences. It continually offered more outlandish things until he couldn't refuse.

"Listen here. I don't need any more of this System bullshit, alright? My life's peaceful and quiet and I don't want to change that. If, in any kind of reason, I can't opt for not having a System, can you guys, please, just ask nicely rather than barging without any manners?

Do you think I will just quietly comply when you guys constantly harass me like this! Go and look for someone else you could push around and I'm not one of them.

I will only answer those who think of me as an equal. Introduce yourself, state your terms and let's negotiate, but no matter what, I won't give up on living the way I want and you have no right to force your ways."

As he spoke, mentally, the incoming notifications seem to come to a halt, before the myriads of these boxes dispersed into thin air.

For a moment, his mind was clear. The exhaustion from rejecting so many different Systems truly wore him out.

Alas, the fight wasn't over yet, not until he contracted the kind of System which respected his will.

He took on a deep breath and took on a meditative pose, but it wasn't necessary...

[Will you be friends with me?]

A crystal-clear voice of a young girl rang like the music inside his mind; a far cry to those condescending robotic voices hounding him earlier.

The soothing tone of that speech gave him a strong sense of nostalgia.

"Lil sis, is that you?"

[Do you want me to call you big brother?]

"...no, it's just a lapse of my mind."

[First of all, I'm sorry. My fellows had caused you so much trouble. Yet it was strange, a human wouldn't easily reject good things that come their way.]

"How can I know if it's a good thing for me? I don't think it's wise to just barge in without asking for my input. "

The System went silent.

"If you're thinking of doing some kind of background installation by roping me in your conversation, just screw off."

[Brother, I don't know what you're talking about...besides, I don't even have a name, compared to others. I don't know the scope of things I'm capable of doing.

Even the tools invented by humans can probably do better.]

"...hmm...you sound rather fishy but, your request's only concern on becoming friends right? As long you respect my privacy, in addition to the things I mentioned before, I'm good."

[Thank you, brother.]

"Why do you keep calling me brother, anyway?"

[You seem rather happy with it.]

The man began to blush while shaking his head. The System giggled at his response.

"Well, whatever floats your boat. More importantly, is this enough to keep those annoying Systems away?"

[Yes. I'm now officially contracted to you. There should be no more System notifications beside my own.]

"Good! Then I'm off for some good nap. Please don't disturb me before I'm up."

The girl was quite surprised by how this man trusted her so easily. Yet she was happy. After so long being abandoned as the weakest System, she finally found a Host.

[Let's become strong—no...]

[Let's begin our peaceful life, brother.]

7