Kira Kira Hikaru? I prefer this (Bang Dream)
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Taken from the Kira Kira Hikaru scene in the anime. I don't remember all the details though.)

Live House Space.

Kasumi stood with Rimi on the stage.

After seeing the performance of Glitter*Green, she pulled the choco-cornet lover up. Picking the mic and putting smile as bright as stars, she spoke in a firm tone.

"Hello, everyone!"

The audience seems pretty excited, although some were dumbfounded.

The grandma owner on the back was not amused.

"K-Kasumi-chan..."

Rimi was a bit fidgety, but after munching choco-cornets and taking deep breaths, she slowly able to adjust. Standing behind the cat-haired girl, she still wondered what's going on.

"You see..." Kasumi made a brief pause and closed her eyes, "For the longest time, I always admired the stars—but even now, I can't point out the Big Dipper."

It garnered chuckles from the audience, the grandma's lips curved up, "Not a bad MC."

"But when I stand here among the audience, watching such wonderful performance, I can't help but want to perform!"

The audience stood silent for a while, and Rimi's tambourine shook.

"I'm sorry for intruding when I didn't even go through the audition," Kasumi closed her eyes and bowed for a moment.

When she raised her head again, her gaze was firm and resolute, "This is my favorite song, 'Skies of Love'."

"Ehhh? English?"

Rimi turned to a nervous wreck when it was an unfamiliar song.

Furthermore, the way Kasumi pronounced it—she appeared to be fluent in the language.

The grandma's eyes lit up, "This will be interesting."

"You may be familiar with the song if you watched the Legend of Galactic Heroes. I don't really understand the story much, but when this song comes up, I really love it. I kept singing it over and over when I was a kid.

...and that's how my English grades improved."

Another round of laughter.

Kasumi took a deep breath as both her hands were on the mic.

Someone among them swallowed their saliva, as the girl about to sing the first note.

"I look above the stars are bright. Yet I'm blinded by the light."

Her clean vibrato immediately hooked the audience.

"Heaven seems so far away. Come back to me someday."

Rimi was dumbstruck the entire time; she forgot to play the tambourine.

"The sky seems so blue. They lead me to you."

By the time she stepped in, she's half a beat late, but it didn't disturb Kasumi at all.

"Somewhere there's a place in my heart. In the skies of love."

Her last note was a fade-out vibrato.

The audience was silent for a whole minute before they erupted to merry applause.

"Thank you very much!"

Kasumi made a big smile and bowed before she took Rimi's hand and went down the stage.

"Hyahh!"

Rimi almost felt like crying, since she barely did much.

...but it's not really her fault, since everything was so sudden. They didn't even get to practice.

When they went down, the grandma gave them a light scolding.

"While it was pretty cool, don't just barge in like that. Go formally pass the audition first!"

"Understood, he-he!"

She left Rimi and Kasumi alone, the former look pretty down.

"It was so amazing, Kasumi-chan...I'm sorry I couldn't do anything."

"What'cha talking about?" she tapped Rimi's shoulder, "It's 'cuz of you, I'm able to give my all!" she made a Guts pose.

"How?"

"It might be silly, but when you're here, I'm no longer alone. I just feel like I can do anything!"

"Kasumi-chan..." Rimi began to blush and covered her face with her choco-cornet.

"Aww...you're so cute, Rimi-rin..." the cat-haired girl glomped her, and they snuggled in public for a good while, not minding the public at all.

==

On the way home, Rimi stopped in her tracks and gazed at the sunset, "Say, Kasumi-chan. Why do you want to play in a band?"

"I feel music is fun with more people. That we're aiming for a similar ideal, it's just so romantic, don't you think so?"

"Yes...I know that feeling. For one, I always look up to Onee-chan, but I'm not sure if I'm good enough to play alongside her."

"I don't think it matters, as long you have fun. Why don't you play something that makes you happy, like a song about choco-cornet?"

"Umm...I'll try."

...and that's how the song, 'Choco Cornet Love' was written.

I started out in the franchise, from the anime.

I got into the game soon after.

Its design was nice. The gacha isn't necessary and the rates are pretty fair. You could enjoy the game completely as F2p. They also have special bonus for EN fans, like the English version of their popular songs.

Though I end up leaving after playing for more than a year. My main reason was, it's a completely manual game, and I suck at rhythm games. My hands would hurt after grinding on hard and expert stages, and on normal stages I started to get bored.

Plus, since it's manual and real-time, I couldn't do anything else, and if someone asked me to do something, it'd make my run fail instantly, especially in multi-live.

Not to mention, it would heavily punish me, if my connection was unstable during multi-live. I would lose all my live boosts.

I guess, I prefer games that are turn-based, and mostly on auto, since I'm lazy, but the game's still good. The story's pretty good, and while the girls are nice, the best thing is still the music.

I might get back to it after a long hiatus, but right now, I'll just stick to Azur Lane and Arknights. I just really love games which I could auto most of the content with.

1