The World of Epistopea
78 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A primitive world without magic. No Elves, Hobbits, and Isengard.

its inhabitants so peaceful; no large-scale conflicts occur in their history.

Its animals docile: herbivores gladly succumb themselves to predators, despite their feeble and slow-witted behavior.

The ecosystem sustained itself. with the herbivores reproducing fast and many; the carnivores reproduce lil' mouthful. The plants proliferate with no breaks. Humans had so much food, they could share it to strangers/

The fishes flocking to baits and game animals standing still as you shoot them.

The plants reliably growing, with no danger of drought or flood—it's a world the storytellers would frown upon!

As a result of no conflict and negligible will to compete, the civilization still stagnated at the medieval times.

It's no longer, a Human Race.

A Human Walk, perhaps.

A small and united world. Consisting only a large continent of North America's size. Having flatlands; beaches; capes; valleys; mountain ranges, and many more things you can ask the Wiki.

Even a child could traverse through the most heinous of the bunch, given they had a bit of training.

Even the highest mountain had no snow covering it. Nor there's any indication of snow in the North and South Pole of the continent.

Not a single natural disaster ever fell in the whole continent and the islands. It's a literal safe haven.

It housed the Kingdom of Epistopea, ruling a peaceful nation from generation to generation.

Besides the whole Pangea of a continent, were arrays of small islands on the open seas; none too deep.

They're also a part of the Kingdom; dedicated as a vacation and resort area for the wealthy nobles. Due to the calm waters, people could even drive boats and live their entire life sailing the world. Although it would only be the trip from the West Coast, ending to East Coast, vice versa--a few months at most.

Only temperate seasons exist in Epistopea.

No hots, nor colds; devoid of spring to winter. Same old--same old, all year long.

Coincidentally, they also used a similar calendar system to Earth. Thirty days per
month; three-hundred-sixty-five a year.

The Kingdom of Epistopea.

The Royal Capital was named the Royal Capital. It was governed by the same family from the start of its founding.

The surnames of the Royal family were, coincidentally, Royal.

Labrador Royal.

Rottweiler Royal

Golden Retriever Royal.

Chihuahua Royal.

...and so on.

The politics were mostly stagnant. Due to the lack of ambition from people, even ruling became more of a family obligation than pride.

Not many differences in ideologies and opinions amongst the people. They shared a consensus—even the most courageous bunch felt it's a pain in the ass to even revolt.

Many jobs were available but since the living cost was low, not everyone has to work.

They still did, even with the low pay cuz, they had nothing much to do.

Despite the world stagnating in the medieval ages, the literacy rate was high and people were healthy. Most people could easily live 'til eighty.

Everyone had both sets of genitals. No issue of homosexuality or hypersexuality.

Pregnancy's more of a choice than natural causes.

With no persecution and heightened conflict, the state had no religion. They, however, abide by tradition.

Unlike medieval societies on Earth, people weren't obliged to uphold the tradition. It would change with the new ones and be forgotten as it became irrelevant.

One of the most famous saying...

"Why aren't you dead yet?"

Which people replied...

"Soon, soon."

They believe in one thing that is absolute: death. Every single being born into this world, not a single one escaped it.

Maybe the trees, but not sure. Every tree looks the same for them. And with their lack of scientific knowledge, they do not know how old each tree would live.

With no ambition to better themselves and living as the world was forever a safe raft—most barely maintain arbitrary thought.

For some people on Earth, it can be pretty maddening.

However, it's the common sense for Epistopeans.

"A peaceful life; a good life indeed."

"When you lack something, you lack something. You don't live to mourn for your loss, but to cherish something you have—as long as you're still alive."

"This world has no lack of necessities. Anything has its own way to be renewable, except your own life and the life of others you cherish. Cherish your own life and others. Whenever they're still alive, tell them, how much you love them. You can also tell it through your actions but please—don't force your genitals."

There weren't any laws against rape—it just doesn't really feel good for them if both sides didn't consent. If they stuck it at the wrong time, they'd just feel a bit bored and pull out right after.

It might be worth noting—which I forgot to mention earlier.

Most of the diseases on Earth wasn't present in Epistopea, only the minor ones.

...and STD's weren't present at all; not even genetic faults from inbreeding.

In the crudest amount of sense, Epistopea can be said to be Earth on a much lower difficulty.

After millenniums had passed; with the low desire for people to produce many offsprings—the huge continent wouldn't be filled soon.

Not to mention, all the islands out there.

There's not much to be said in Epistopea.

Whoever wants to live an extremely slow life, and able to refrain from going insane from all drudgery...

Epistopea might be the perfect world—or at least, a quite fitting one.

...and about the name itself.

It might be derived from two Latin words: Epi and Utopia.

Which roughly means, the land right before Utopia.

Kinda explained how they seem to just be waiting for their Utopia--death.

...and as they left this very world, they would become free compost.

So it goes.

1