Killjoy
86 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm so tired from work today.

Every day is so boring and monotonous.

I felt sick today, but Boss forced me to work. When I'm back home, I feel that I'm going to die.

Still, in my suit, I collapsed on my bed face-down.

My soft bed quickly made me fall asleep.

==

There was a white room. I was sitting in a wooden white chair, still in my work clothes.

A small girl in a gothic lolita outfit sat in front, both hands on her cheeks.

She made a playful smile, "Since you're here, do I need to explain everything?"

Despite her childlike appearance, her voice was deep and mature.

"Am I dreaming?"

I tried to pinch my cheeks and it doesn't hurt.

"You might be thinking—am I the lucky bastard who gets a free ticket to another world? But sorry to break your bubble..."

"It's fine."

"Umu. You recovered really fast."

"It's only interesting since it's a story. When I really imagined myself in another world, I don't think it's all that good as they seem."

I cleared my throat, "For one, I probably won't understand their language and things will be inconvenient overall due to technological differences."

"Though deep down, don't you think it's a lot better than this kind of life?"

"Who would guarantee things won't be worse over there?"

"None of my business."

I guess she's right.

She's not responsible for my well-being at all.

No one is, except me.

"You probably ask: why am I here? Why do I waste my time with someone like you? Indeed, you are a fortunate one. I don't do it just to a random person."

"...and your point being?"

"Mou, what a killjoy. Being an office worker made you hate fun, huh? This is why I adults suck."

Our eyes met at one point, "Listen, I came here to..."

"No."

"Why!"

She slapped her knees and threw a tantrum.

"If I let you continue, you'll end up making me unable to refuse, no matter what. Every spoiled brat I knew is like this."

"You! Fine, I'll get it. You hate spoiled brats, so I'm going to turn you into one!"

"Huh?"

I thought she's going to invite me to a death game or something. It's really not my kind of thing.

"A killjoy like you is too boring for a death game, just go die and be a loli instead, I hate you!"

"Wait..."

A dark vortex sucked me in.

The next thing, I found myself in a luxurious bedroom.

My body got so small and my voice childish. I stared at my arms, they're so small and petite. Like it's about to break at any minute.

I wore an oversized pajama with animal patterns. The blanket and pillows were so soft, I'd feel like sleeping again.

I gave my cheeks a light slap--it was soft and bouncy.

My sight became normal again and my lungs felt so clear.

"Hnggghh..."

I stretched my limbs.

Deep down, I had some regret. I still hadn't got time to tell my family, that I'm going to be okay.

Since it already happened, it cannot be helped. I wasn't that close with them.

At this point, I want a long, long rest.

There's a jug of mineral water and crystal glass, I gulped a mouthful since my throat's parched.

Just before I laid down and dozed off, someone opened the door straight away.

It's the goth loli from earlier.

"Wha...wha...why are you so cute, damn it! I can't accept this!"

"I don't know. I just wanna sleep."

I didn't even look at my appearance since I'm so tired.

"This deadpan attitude...stop it. If you kept at it, I'm going to fall in love for real..."

"What?"

"N-nothing at all! Forget I said anything..."

Her face got red like a tomato and she stormed outside, leaving the door open.

At least close it back--so irresponsible.

2