Getting rid of annoying touchpad
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My laptop's touchpad was really troublesome. It would swerve the pointer in uncontrollable directions and would fuck up my task real good when I was about to type.

The search engines couldn't seem to find a simple, easy solution for it. Way to be unreliable.

I settled for uninstalling the touchpad driver. It was labeled as a something PS/2 mouse. The thing is, I couldn't even disable the driver software.

Since I was lazy, each day, I just uninstalled the driver + reboot and it works just fine, but today, I felt so annoyed 'cuz the touchpad just KEPT COMING BACK the next reboot.

At that time, inspiration struck me: why don't I just replace the driver with the wrong one?

So I went to Device Manager, double-clicking the PS/2 mouse and use 'update driver'. I choose 'browse my computer for driver software' followed by 'let me pick from a list of drivers.'.

I unchecked 'show compatible hardware' and pick one that's different from my laptop's brand.

The moment the OS gave a warning 'it's not recommended...' I know I'm on the right track.

It only needs a reboot before the annoyance was settled--once and for all.

Mwahahahahaha.

1