The Bridge of Present
68 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment I woke up, I realize—there's a lot of things I actually can do in this world, even with magic alone.

It's a wonderful thing, just several hours of rest were able to fully recover my Mana. I could feel a stronger magical current running through my veins.

Maybe it's my mental health declining from work and there's so much information about this world I kept having to take on.

Despite my infatuation with Isekai, it's understandable that at this point, I'd catch up some Zs.

Plus, I actually felt I hadn't slept much. Despite my excitement when I end up at this world for the first time—my mind's still exhausted.

Not long after, I heard a knock on my room, "Dinner's up, four-eyes!"

The nickname, I don't like it.

"It's Takeshi, what's yours?"

"Uh...Flonne."

Her voice behind the door was mellow. What's up with this change of mannerisms?

Not that I mind it. She might just be an awkward tsundere.

"That's a good name."

I genuinely think so. Flonne sounds like a video game character.

"Umm...thank you. It means a lot to me.", she paused a bit, before returning to her usual cheery tone. "If you want dinner, Mom already prepared one. Eat it before it's cold."

I kind of understood.

Takeshi means Warrior, the one who fights and protects the family.

While Youko, my lil' sister, is Sunshine, the light that brings hope to everyone in her life.

My parents told me, they just went with their gut. They didn't even know what our names mean, on what ideals it embodies

I couldn't live up to my name, so I wasn't that proud of it. But things definitely would change in another world.

I wasn't sure what 'Flonne' meant, but it gave me a flowery impression.

Like a maiden in love.

That aside...

"Mmm...I can't decide my order?" I said in a teasing manner.

"Since your food is free of charge—that's the most we can compromise! If you wanna eat, you'll get whatever my Mom felt cooking. Don't worry, she won't shirk on the portions."

"Hmm...I find it pretty strange. Why give me so much, if what I did was just cleaning the room?"

"Maybe it's not much for a Mage, but it's really a lot of work to clean everything. Pops think you at least deserve that much."

"I might stay for quite some time—is it okay?"

"We might have to ask you to do the chores."

"I might be busy, but...", I stretched a bit on the last part while rubbing my palms, which she won't see, of course.

"I'll make sure to free up some time."

==

As I went downstairs, there were few people who seem to be travelers—or even Adventurer parties.

Despite the night time, the light magic tools still made the illumination nearly bright as day.

The seats were nearly filled.

I started to feel sorry for Flonne, having to run along and carry all the dishes without failure. She's such a hard-working girl.

On the way to my seat, I saw a familiar face, such as the Hunter I met before entering the village. He sat together with the others—talking about how their respective hunts progress.

From their merry smiles, they seem to be doing well.

The food for dinner was pineapple with fried rice. It also had sliced potatoes, chicken legs, vegetables, and grated cheese. For the drink was the usual tea.

Let's just say the pineapple didn't blend that well, but it didn't discount the meal's delicacy. Soon, I finished them all—even the pineapples.

I said my honest opinion 'bout the cooking to Flonne, and she happily took my plates away.

I felt a bit dizzy after waking up and eating a full course, so I went for a walk.

==

The two moons hung high in the sky.

One nearly full; the other had little bits.

Their distances weren't that far apart in the sky.

The moon itself was the basis for this world's ancient calendar.

During the beginning of a month, one moon would be in full, the other one disappeared.

During the mid-month, there'd be two crescent moons.

There were legends 'bout a bridge forming between the two moons. Catching its sight would bring you a good fortune. All your past efforts will finally bear fruit.

One was called 'Past Moon' while the other 'Future Moon'. When you observe the bridge, it's a sign of Past and Future connecting.

The Past Moon would shrink 'til nothingness as the month goes.

The Future Moon would grow 'til it's full.

The bridge itself was called, 'The Bridge of Present'. You will achieve your goals because you truly live in the Present. You will notice details that not many could, as they were always chasing the future or wallowing in past regrets.

That Legend gave me a good impression. Living in the present. Maybe that's why Flonne was content with her family.

==

There are twelve months in total, the same as Earth's. It's naming's also the same, January to December.

There are six seasons in total; each has a duration of two months.

Winter, Abyss, Spring, Summer, Aurora, and Autumn.

Unlike Earth, the New Years' would start in Spring.

It's simply because the Abyss season was extremely grim—and it was veto' ed throughout the Kingdoms.

In the Abyss season, the World would temporarily lose its colors and most of the weaker lifeforms and plants would fell into hibernation. Any crops that were planted, had zero chance to even sprout. It's also the time where the mana concentration throughout the world was at its lowest.

And I kept asking myself: isn't it a bit too much—two months of a complete hibernation? Maybe it had something to do with its past. It's a different world, after all.

Of course, there were magic tools able to produce light and rekindle the colors. But back in the Ancient Times, it was a topic of nightmares. In Modern Day, as in this world's present time—it's just an extended rest.

As the Abyss season was nearing its end, the world will gradually regain its colors and return with rebirth, as Spring comes forth.

As for Aurora season, however, the world seemingly turned into something from fairyland with a plethora of colors blanketing the entire world.

The mana concentration's already at its highest as well. Auroras would also be a common thing in the night sky.

I only heard the barest basics about them. I'm not sure how it's actually like.

Judging how it's nearing the harvest season, Summer's probably just right 'round the corner.

It won't be long before my first Aurora.

And compared to Earth, most crops would still grow in the Winter season, but I didn't remember much of the details.

==

As expected from the countryside, the night skies had bright, sparkling stars.

The air's also quite cold. Alas, the illumination from magic tools made it felt warmer somehow.

It hung high above the backyard walls; accompanied by the merry sounds of people, along with the clinking sounds of their equipment. The night was still young.

For a while, I thought I was back on Earth. Even during the night, the city never slept. It's the same with Humans. No matter how bad it affects their biological clock, as long there is work—someone's gonna take such job.

I kept on wondering, why do people have to work so hard just to survive?

I might be among the lucky ones who were offered a second chance without having to die.

I'm not sure at first, but when I came here—the prospect of going back and having to work again doesn't excite me one bit.

Why did I come here?

To find new opportunities.

I wish for a world, where I can become stronger and live the way I want.

Enough to slay even Gods, if they dared to go against me.

This world gave me the opportunity, which I'll make the best use of

...but, what if the definite way was to let go of my ideals? For something better?

Will I go for one that let me lead a satisfying life?

When I saw a faint line forming between the two moons. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

It made me want to reach the moon and finally cross that bridge, for real.

Some story that I kept putting off for so long.

It's supposed to be the 'full version' of Takeshi's story, Not Another Isekai RPG Story - Main Route, but it was much too serious and detailed for me.

Maybe I'll revamp the concept so it'd be the least serious and most fun.

2