Metalloid Planet
64 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a faraway galaxy, was a terrestrial planet similar to Venus.

Its atmosphere greatly poisonous, no organic beings could survive. Yet, its concentration of gasses was highly beneficial for minerals to grow and thrive.

The gasses would diffuse the sunlight, making the skies blue with myriad colors pollinating the surface.

In its lands, natural caverns would form beneath the mountains, corroded by the atmosphere over time. Its interior would have deposits of minerals stacking as tall as high-rise apartments.

The cavern was lit with an otherworldly glow from the mineral formation. The atmosphere effect would cause fluorescent crystals to form. They would flicker brightly and dim, akin to a human heartbeat.

After a moment, they would separate from the mineral deposit; turning to a sentient life-from.

They are the 'Humans' of this planet.

The Galactic Empire called them 'Metalloid'. An isolationist race. Due to their highly-poisonous habitat, their planet had nearly zero visitors over billions of years. It also accounted for how far they were from a highly developed civilization like Psylon and Insectoids.

While most Metalloids were born in the highly-toxic environment, devoid of civilization, they could be born anywhere with high mana concentration, and low traces of activity.

Metalloids didn't have a handle for language, making communications with other races difficult. On their planet, they didn't even form civilization, only standing there and moving around without aim. They would occasionally eat metals as well.

Despite that, they were a highly sought commodity in the market. They had a unique ability to shapeshift their bodies and eating other metals to evolve. Although they had no sign of shrinking or starvation if they didn't eat—if they're injured due to combat or work, it would instantly recover with metal consumption.

That's why, despite the risk, some daredevils would invade their planet and kidnap any number they can find, from time-to-time.

They're usually trained to be Ego Weapons. While their investment was massive, their self-healing and evolving capabilities made up for it.

Metalloids start as a lump of metal and gradually taking a humanoid form as they grew older and stronger. The form's similar to a robot, albeit cruder.

As their strength grew, they would evolve into a different kind of metal. From copper to bronze to black iron and so.

There's even a legend of an invincible Damascus Metalloid capable of speech.

It was something like a God amongst the Metalloids. Although its existence hadn't been discovered up 'til now.

Some theorists believe, the moment a Damascus Metalloid came to be, the entire race would rise and become a Galactic Superpower.

==

One day, a certain soul came inside a lump of metal. Causing a pair of cute eyes to form in its surface.

'Why am I here? Who am I?'

Unlike others, it had a humanlike intellect.

It discovered a cave of crystals, the pungent and sour air, and how it was unable to move.

It was one of the metal lumps, stuck in a crystal formation. Right below, it saw similar metals blinking to each other.

[Hello!]

As it tried to say something, it felt something warm, and light filled its sight.

...and the other metals, as if curious, responded in kind.

[Hello!]

{Hel..lo.]

[Hell ho...]

It repeated other words it knew, like 'how are you?', 'how do you do?', 'I'm fine', and 'thank you.'

The Metalloids, at first, were only able to mimic words, but as the smart metal began to teach them things—a revolution started.

It was the dawn of Metalloid Civilization, where the beings would gain sentience, and free themselves from slavery.

Living freely, under the blessing of their god, Great Damascus.

Where did the legend originate? No one knew for sure.

The Metalloids only knew the one who brought them knowledge was none other than the incarnation of Great Damascus.

Some would bless him; others would envy and scorn him.

...but one thing for sure. Just because the smart metal taught knowledge, doesn't make it a King.

Only with sufficient strength, will it cement its reign, and become the rightful sovereign.

Its decisions might decide the fate of the entire race.

Now, what shall its choice be?

1