Chapter 4  Demonic Power, Demonic Magic, and Magic Training?
2.5k 24 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 4  Demonic Power, Demonic Magic, and Magic Training? by Harem-Fan

 

     So as my mother promised, she took me to our Gremory library to discuss the things I must know about magic, in order to more readily learn to control its power.

-

     The purple sky shown threw the windows of our massive library with over a hundred isles of books towering to over 20 feet high.

     Thankfully as Devils, light is not necessary for us, and the darkness is actually as comfortable to us, as the sunlight is to Humans.

     In fact, without light tempering, we Devils become weaker in sunlight, and stronger in the night and darkness. This same thing also applies to the Human world's Vampires, who are a lot like us Devils.

     The book I am currently reading says this about our Underworld... The Underworld is roughly the same size as the Human world, but with a much larger landmass, as there are no oceans, just lakes. The sky was originally purple during both the day and night, but the current Four Great Devil Kings adjusted the flow of time to match it in the Human world for the sake of the reincarnated Devils. They reproduced an artificial moon using Demonic Power and made the night's darkness the same as the Human world.

     Thud! My mother placed another stack of old thick books in front of me, with a cunning smile, and sat next to me. I could tell that I was going to hate learning.

     "Okay Ray, I know you are a smart boy and probably know some of the material, but we will go through it, just in-case that bump to your head made you forget, Ufufu."

     "Ugh, It probably made me a bit smarter mother, so stop teasing me already."

     "Alright, here and look at this book. It is called... [Why Demonic Magic Is Superior to Magic] This is the basic information you need. Then we will test your 3 magic circle skills after, so read this aloud."

     I opened the heavy book and went to the introductory part. I easily read the Devil Alphabet I was taught by my mother.

     “Demonic Power is something which you use to turn your imagination into actual form, and magic is something where you use equations to make supernatural phenomena occur. Demonic Power requires the power to use imagination and the power to create, and it requires having good sense. Magic is just knowledge to control equations, and you need to use your head and need calculations, so they are different even though they may seem similar.”

     My mother kissed the top of my head and said.

     "Ray, did you know that Human Magicians magic is actually based off of our Devil magic? Now look at this page.."

     Venelana points to another page with diagrams of simple Magic Circles.

     "These are all three of our Gremory Magic Circles... General, Attack, and Defensive. Look at each of the pictures to understand. Most Devil houses have this similar design with colors dependent on the type of Demonic Power they have. For the Gremory it is Crimson. But in Grayfia and my case, we use the Gremory symbol, but the color of our demonic Power changes its look. So Grayfia has a silver Gremory circle."

     I look at the standard General Magic Circle...

     Then I studied the Attack Magic Circle...

     And finally I look at the detailed Defensive Magic Circle...

     As I look at individual Magic Circles, like the one for my big brother as Lucifer, I ask my mother.

     "Mother, then why does our Power of Destruction not use Magic Circles?"

     "Good question dear. This simple answer is because the Bloodline Powers of the Pure Blood Devil Clans are not magic. It is simply something we will into existence. It only seems like Devil Magic to non-Devil observers. So if you see a Devil use something without a Magic Circle, than it is a Bloodline ability, like Kuisha's Hole ability of the Abaddon Extra Demons Clan."

     I then ask about...

     "Mother, how does Demonic Potential affect both Unique Magic or augmenting Demonic Powers?"

     She ponders the best way to explain it.

     "All Devils have a basic set of spells we can cast and abilities common to all of us, but Demonic Potential is a limited resource we Devils have in our very Soul-Body. depending on how much strength you have, you have a FIXED amount of Potential that can never be recovered, so once used it is permanently gone."

     So I use Issei's power as an example...

     "For example, if I made a power that blew off women's clothing and named it Dress Break, it would use up a portion of my Demonic Potential, because it is not a common spell to most Devil's right?"

     My mother looked at me funny with my question, but realized my example was correct.

     "That is correct, and that spell Dress Break would cost you less Demonic Power to use, and it would be far more potent than your other Devil Magic. But why in the world would you come up with something so vulgar dear? Please tell me you won't waste your precious potential on something so useless?"

     I shook my head because in the anime, it was used to save Asia Argento once. But then I ask another related question.

     "So if a Low-class Devil made the Dress Break magic, and used up all of his potential on it, then when he became Middle-class, would he have a bit more Demonic Potential to work with?"

     Mother smiled brightly and nodded.

     "That kick to the head did help your thoughts it seems. But yes, when a Devil surpasses his limits, he does get a bit more potential. But if he saved it from earlier and not made that ridiculous spell, he could do something even greater. You, my son, already have all of your potential unlocked as a Super Devil, so be careful how you mold it to your will."

     "Mother, is it better to make Magic with it, or add it to my Power of Destruction?"

     She kissed my head again and advised me.

     "For this topic, you need to train with your brother. He made his Power of Destruction even more destructive. But for example, you could add large amounts of Gravity to your Power of Destruction to suck in things. But to answer your question, modifying your Power of Destruction is better. You will have Servants for specialty magic in the future. So do not create useless magic like that clothing removal spell, sigh. Who even taught you that idea? Was it that Human Manga we gave you?"

     I totally lied.

     "Nope, it was from watching Devil King Leviathan magically transform clothing from nothing, he-he. If she makes clothing materialize, then can she make it vanish?"

     My mother put her hand on her forehead, and I heard under her breath.

     "I need to tell her to stop stripping in-front of my baby, sigh."

     I ask what I am most curious about, due to my memories...

     "Mother, I wish to build resistance to holy-magic and weapons, what do I need to do for this?"

     My mothers eyes open wide at my random question, but like a good teacher, she enlightens me on the topic.

     "Devils who have higher Demonic Power, like you and your brother, are able to develop resistance against all holy-based magic, objects, and Light Weapons. Where those with lesser Demonic Power will be eliminated. So, with your level of strength you will not outright die, but you still need to slowly improve with small doses of it to build up tolerance. Right now, I forbid this till you are at least 12 years old, do you understand me young man?!"

     "I promise to not be reckless mother, and I will wait, then have you, brother, or Grayfia teach me more then."

     She hugged me, being content with my answer to not do something dangerous. She then pointed to another book for Devils.

     "Here is all of the common magic for Devils plainly written here for you dear. Study this, and we will end our lessons for today."

     So I look at the complete list, knowing most of it already...

  • Language-Constant
  • Transportation-Teleportation
  • Binding Magic
  • Summoning Magic
  • Elemental Demonic Power
  • Appearance manipulation-Constant
  • Self-Destruct-Last Resort Magic
  • Evil Pieces activation
  • Mind Reading Magic
  • Demonic Bullet
  • Blade Barrage
  • Illusion Magic
  • Audio-Visual communication Magic
  • Mind Control
  • Defensive Barrier Magic

     I realize I have not been taught most of this and with sparkling eyes, like seeing a big pile of gold, I beg my mother.

     "Mother, I want to learn all of this, pleeeeese~?!"

     "Ufufu, Not today sweety, but I promise you will master all of it in a few years. Now, let us go to dinner. Some of your father's Harem are eating with us, and I need to make sure they are behaving, let's go."

     And I was off to watch my father squirm with overbearing concubines trying to fight over themselves, for his attention. Yeah, big brothers Harem of one, seems less of a hassle now that I see my father struggle.

-      If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     Elsewhere in the Underworld and Human world, a few women sneezed at the same time...

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

(A/N Rough Estimate Power Levels)

Spoiler
  • [Human-class (low 1-3, mid 4-6, high 7-9)]
  • [Low-class (low 10-30, mid 31-60, high 61-99)]
  • [Middle-class (low 100-300, mid 301-600, high 601-999)]
  • [High-class (low 1,000-3,000, mid 3,001-6,000, high 6,001-9,999)]
  • [Ultimate-class (low 10,000-30,000, mid 30,001-60,000, high 60,001-99,999)]
  • [Satan-class = Devil King-class (low 100,000-300,000, mid 300,001-600,000, high 600,001-999,999)]
  • [Super Devil-class = Transcendent-class (low 1,000,000-3,000,000, mid 3,000,001-6,000,000, high 6,000,001-9,999,999)]
  • [God-class (low 10 million+ - mid ???- high ???)]
    [collapse]
130