Chapter 37  My Best Friend Is Happy?
1.9k 40 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 37  My Best Friend Is Happy? by Harem-Fan

 

     On Monday at school, I was in the middle of heading to my Cooking class at the end of the day, and standing at the balcony of the second floor, was Sona.

     When I first saw her, she was looking down at the students, with a bit of complex expressions on her face. But when she saw me, she smiled a bit and she called me over.

     "Ray, come here, let's talk."

     "Sona, you have been gloomy since Saturday, did I or Kuisha upset you?"

     Sona pushed up her glasses and her violet eyes bore into me.

     "Ray, you literally are my best friend, and even if I was ever upset with you, this fact would never change. No, I was not mad at you two. I was mad at myself for being too worked up over my engagement to realize I had nothing to worry about."

     I lean on the rail and watch the Humans move around, heading to whatever class they were off to, and I said with some relief.

     "Well, I did not sleep well thinking I upset you , Sona. I always hate it when you get bullied or messed with."

     She watched my face for falsehoods, then she said.

     "While our Peerages work tonight, come to my steam-bath, just me and you like old times. We have not just spent quality time together, and I promise to not force you to play Chess tonight, alright?"

     "A meeting of Kings? Or just friends?"

     "No Queens, just unofficial. I do not want our hang out to be official. Just bring yourself and give me an hour of your time. Come on, our class is starting. Oh, and if you don't come tonight, I will serve you the birthday cake I secretly made you, fufu."

     Sona then turned and walked to class, with my heart warm that she had made me a cake, but my spine and stomach trembled at the thought... She made me a cake! Shiver!

-

     Later after school, in the ORC.

     "Alright, you all have gotten your jobs for the evening, and I will see you at home. And for you Saji..."

     I Summoned Neko to appear, and then Poof! She took her humanoid form looking cute. I then pointed to a box full of everyone's Flyers.

     "Saji, Neko will take you around tonight showing you how to deliver Flyers to Human Clients. I believe you saw this Magic Device before? This is a Greed Detector. It has the following functions..."

     "...First, at night, it will make your actions to normal Humans unnoticeable. This means Humans will not notice anything you are doing, like delivering Flyers, talking to clients, and the like. Only those with Supernatural Ability can even act normally around this Device. Next..."

     "...This Magic Greed Detector searches for Humans with intense levels of Greed, in short, they want wishes, even from a Demon or Devil. But fear not, this device will only show Humans that will ask for wishes we can grant or are willing. For example, I will not sleep with a client for profit, but I will give a massage. So any Human with a wish inline with what I am willing to grant, will show on this screen. Do you understand this Saji?"

    Saji nodded and asked.

     "I think I get it, so when Neko found me, it was because my wish and desire was something you would grant, but if I asked for you to kill off an innocent persons whole family for fun, you would refuse and I would not have shown up for Neko to find me, right?"

     I gave him a thumbs up.

     "Correct, but if you wanted an evil murderer of your family dead, I would grant that, so you get it now. As far as dark wishes... There are other Devil Houses in Kuoh that do those things, like Devil's that sleep with Humans for wealth. But, I would never have family members ever do things like that. Even Akeno's freaky clients only wish for things like being tied up and whipped, getting a foot massage, or having her cook dinner in a naked apron. These are all safe wishes that Akeno is fine with. No man lusting after her would even get her Flyer, get it?"

     "Yes, but how does the Device know what clients and what Devil's to connect?"

     "This is easy to explain, watch..."

     I held up a stack of Shirone's Flyers to the Detector, and a bunch of blips showed, then I used Flyers from Kuisha, and the dots changed. With some dots staying the same, meaning both women can satisfy that particular Human client. Saji nodded in understanding. I then finished with.

     "We just missed the last Familiar forest full-moon, so you will be on Flyer duty till you get your own Familiar to deliver them for you. So, now go and have fun running around . Oh, and you can ride the Clubhouse bicycle if you want to make it faster."

     I thought of how for the first 6 months, Issei had to bike all over town before he had enough Demonic Power to even get Summoned. He was really terrible back then. But with all of the men in Sona's Peerage, and her strict teaching methods, Issei is not too bad now. But he most definitely won't outperform Saji later.

     And with that, the two left me alone in my office. I tidy up, and then head over to Sona's house.

-

     One of Sona's maids let me in and I followed her to the back of the mansion. I was led to Sona's private office. Entering I see she is hard at work at her desk.

     Not wanting to disturb her, I sat across in an empty chair facing her. As I sat, her eyes looked over the top of her lenses and smiled. She said to me,

     "Just let me finish this reply letter, sigh. My sister is so despicable to make me write to her every single day."

     She then sealed the letter, and placed it on a metal plate, on her desk, with a glowing Sitri Magic Circle on it. Then the letter vanished, and was sent to the Underworld. Yes, even though we cannot personally Transport to the Underworld, we can send objects.

     This is a special Magic Tool Serafall uses for negotiations with other Faiths, but of course she gave one to her Little Sister she loves too much, like how Grayfia and Sirzechs treat me.

     "I keep telling you that you secretly love her attention, but you live in deniability. Plus, if she was not around, you would miss her dearly. You are that kind girl I know all too well, always acting tough."

     Sona stood and walked to a bookcase in her office, and used her Demonic Power to open the hidden passage. When the stone door moved, she looked at me and said,

     "Hurry and get in before it closes again."

     This is Sona's secret Spa that is basically like a personal Rating Game field, and not really on the Human world, but a fabricated space within the Dimensional Gap, a fake reproduction of a real world spa. But this is a long term and stable realm created by Ajuka Beelzebub himself as a gift to her.. Sona loves this place because it is cut off from prying eyes. She loves to open her heart here.

     After the door was sealed, the Transportation Circle under us, sent us to the other realm...

-

     In the rinsing bathroom shower, the two of us are at separate showers washing our bodies clean. Just like the bath, we scrub our bodies and hair before we enter the steam room. And yes, Sona and I have bathed naked ever since young, and as Devils, nudity does not bother us.

     Well, I have been around beautiful women all my life, and with my girls and Yasaka's contact, I have a level of immunity to not have inappropriate bodily reactions around Sona.

     I was already done, but Sona turned off her shower, put on her magic glasses, and stood. She then said,

     "Let us steam and reminisce."

-

     We both took a seat on the two stone benches in the center back of the steam room, and I reclined on the backrest. Then I ask.

     "How long has it been since we came here together, 2 or 3 years?"

     "With Kuisha and Tsubaki? It has been two years. Just you and me, 3 years. Why?"

     "I miss this, just having no worries, and forgetting politics, training, and the evil of the world always looming in the horizon."

     Sona listens to every word I always say. As she wipes her glasses with a towel on the side, she asks me.

     "Ray, do you remember when we were 7 and you protected me from that Giant Goliath Demon?"

     "Oh, yeah... We went too far into the forest, and you twisted your ankle when we ran. That big buddy was asking for it when it wanted to eat you. I think it was the first time I killed something. I remember having to carry you back on my back. Why did you think of that?"

     "You came to my rescue back then, and you always do.. No matter how much stronger I think I get, I feel only my intellect is the best thing about me. Even when it was my fault for wanting to go in and explore, you took all the blame so I would not get in trouble."

     I smile at my too smart friend and correct her.

     "You are wrong, your intellect is not the best thing about you. Your intellect is like my Power of Destruction, and it is hard to rival in the Underworld, but... I do not think my strength or your smarts make us who we are, they are just nice tools. The thing I love about you the most, is your kind heart, the heart to help many unfortunate Low Class Devils achieve something in life. That is the Sona who is my best friend. If you were just smart, I would only be normal friends with you."

     Sona stood from her seat and pushed me over and sat shoulder to shoulder with me, she then asked.

     "If I was the one that had been betrothed to you in the past, would you have loved me like you do with Kuisha?"

     "Definitely, but as the Prince and Princess of our Houses, it was too close of a pairing. And you would be seen in a bad light if you were only a 2nd wife as the head of the Sitri. Well, you and I had no control over the politics of it. And honestly... I do not try to throw my Chess games with you Sona. If I was smarter, I would have..."

     "Ray, you really have been trying to beat me? Even with Kuisha as your main wife?"

     "Sorry if I made things uncomfortable, but I figured you might be happier with me than a stranger, so I tried. Even if we were not real lovers, I could at least keep protecting you and keep you as my best friend forever. But, I was only blessed with too much Demonic Power, and not enough smarts."

     Sona said nothing, but I felt her lean her head on my shoulder, like she did before we came to the Human world. So for a while, she only leaned on me, and we both closed our eyes...

-

     A while later, I heard her speak.

     "Ray, I understand now. I am smart, and you are strong... Me trying to be strong, and you trying to be smart is a hard climb forward. But if I use my brains and your strength, we can overcome anything, right?"

     "Since I do not know what you are talking about, I will just agree with you."

     Sona stood taking her head off of my shoulder, due to her being shorter than me now. She did her iconic glasses pushup and she said.

     "Ray, I will combine our gifts to get what we both want, so please endure for my sake, and always come to my rescue, alright? Can you wait patiently for me to come up with a Devilish scheme?"

     I stood, because it was time for us to leave, and I looked down into her confident eyes, not knowing what was going through her brain at this time, but I just nodded to her anyway. Her smile was rare and warm. Then she said,

     "Good, then it is a promise. So let us go, my partner in crime."

     Yup, I had no idea how I would change our best friend dynamics today, but who cares if I kill one or thousands of butterflies, as long as Sona is happy, it is worth it, right?

-  If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     In the Underworld, a Professional Rating Game was taking place, and the King who was confidently overlooking his Peerages tactics, felt a sudden unsettling feeling. His Queen next to him asked.

     "Lord Riser, what is wrong? We are about to win, but you look worried?"

     "Yubelluna, it is nothing, Riser just felt an ominous Deja-vu feeling. But Riser never feels defeat... Hmm? Maybe, Riser has been too focused on the matches lately. Riser will have to do some drinking tonight to relax."

     "Yes Lord Riser, then shall I join you?"

     "Riser would like that, and bring the others as well, for special training."

     "Even Yuki-onna Christie?"

     Riser looks down at his Pawn he acquired when he lost the twin cat girls. She was a beautiful Youkai ice girl, till she matured, and now... He has a Gorilla of white, or better known as a Yeti, that was freezing her opponents in ice.

     "Riser told you to never talk about that night... She was beautiful back then, cough."

     (Yuki-onna are a rare race of ice Youkai. Portrayed in legend as looking like beautiful women, their true appearance is of large white ape-like beasts with a freezing breath that can freeze an opponent in seconds. Also known as Yeti. While still young, they are beautiful maidens, till they mature.)

 

(A/N Rough Estimate Power Levels)

Spoiler
  • [Human-class (low 1-3, mid 4-6, high 7-9)]
  • [Low-class (low 10-30, mid 31-60, high 61-99)]
  • [Middle-class (low 100-300, mid 301-600, high 601-999)]
  • [High-class (low 1,000-3,000, mid 3,001-6,000, high 6,001-9,999)]
  • [Ultimate-class (low 10,000-30,000, mid 30,001-60,000, high 60,001-99,999)]
  • [Satan-class = Devil King-class (low 100,000-300,000, mid 300,001-600,000, high 600,001-999,999)]
  • [Super Devil-class = Transcendent-class (low 1,000,000-3,000,000, mid 3,000,001-6,000,000, high 6,000,001-9,999,999)]
  • [God-class (low 10 million+ - mid ???- high ???)]
    [collapse]
92