Chapter 54  Saji Is About To Die?
1.1k 18 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

[A/N Fun Fact: Koneko (Shirone) bears a striking resemblance to Yuki Nagato from the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise. In fact, in Episode 2, Mr. Morisawa, one of her regular clients, even has her wear Nagato's outfit as cosplay. ]

 

Chapter 54  Saji Is About To Die? by Harem-Fan

 

     The end of April...

     It has been a couple of weeks since I was enrolled in the Battle Royal. Out of the 50ish competitors, 17 had dropped out seeing my name, and now only a total of 41 participants including me will join the battle on the 1st of June.

     Right now, school has just ended and my Peerage is dropping by to check in and arrange their contracts for the evening. Honestly, being a King sucks if you do not like or rather cannot do paperwork.

     Every-time one of my Servants does a contract, I have to log the time, customer-feedback, then register what they received as payment along with storage, allocate the credit for contracts completion, log the time and events that took place in the meeting, and then finally write my thoughts on the job.

     And I have to do this for every single job each Peerage member does. Yes, Tsubaki as my Queen has to help with this annoying work, and hence why Kuisha was happy to only have Bishop duties, meaning she has more time to spend with me.

     Speaking of my wife, while my Queen and I are at my desk, she is sitting on her couch having tea, reading some homework for her class.

     Akeno is currently serving tea for the three of us, while having some herself while also doing her homework with Kuisha.

     Ni and Li wearing normal dresses come in and head to my desk. The two cat girls always have a twinkle in their eyes and an almost permanent smile. Li said to me.

     "Reporting to Neko Master ~Nya! Issei is about to leave school, and we will keep following him in the shadows ~Nya."

     Ni with more of a softer temperament added what her sister forgot to mention.

     "Just like the past two weeks, no strange girls have approached Issei Hyoudou. It seems today, he is not doing contracts and is going over to Matsuda's home to watch Porn with the Trio ~Nya."

     I contemplate while looking at my desk calendar, and then tell the two.

     "Alright girls, just watch him till he gets home, then let your Familiars take the night shift. You two are doing great. I will see you at dinner."

     ""Yes ~Nya!""

     Then the two girls left, closing the doors behind them. Akeno asked me with curiosity.

     "Ray, do you really think the Fallen might try to Steal the Sacred Gears of our two Peerages? And Issei especially?"

      I sip my tea and nod.

     "They have three attractive Fallen in their group, and Issei thinks with his wrong brain, so he could be lured before he knows it. I think Sona would be sad if she lost her Pawn or Knight. Gasper is always near Sona, so he is fine. And Tsubaki here is too smart to be duped by them. I warned Saji of the presence of the Fallen and to be alert for them. He, Mil-tan, and Issei live near the church after-all."

     And like summoning magic... Click! Saji looked gloomy as he walked in and sat on his center couch, with worry on his face.

     Kuisha with her legs crossed, asked him.

     "Wow, what puts you in a frustrated mood? Are your siblings in trouble?"

     Saji's shoulders slumped and he exhaled telling us.

     "My Little sister Kaho, found out I am a Devil. She had a hunch for a while, but yesterday she confirmed it, and last night, she and I talked."

     I asked in concern for Saji.

     "Did you two fight or something? Is she afraid of you now?"

     Saji smiled and shook his head.

     "No, actually Kaho is supporting me, but my Little Brother Gengo is too young to notice me. I slipped up yesterday when I talked to an out of towner who was not speaking Japanese, and I forgot about my Devil Language ability. My Sister, being smart, noticed, then confronted me on it last night. So I confessed. I did not expose everyone however, but she guessed "You Ray for obvious reasons."

     Yeah, we Devil's kinda forget about our Devil Tongue ability of communication. And his Sister is very smart for her young age.

     "Well, then it is good you do not have to use Mind Control magic to change her memories. Plus this will let her know to cover for you with your little Brother. I take it she knew your Familiar was not you?"

     Saji gave a thumbs up saying.

     "Yup, so I introduced her to King Mamba and she found him cute?"

     I shudder at that girl's taste, because King Mamba is a 20 foot long black mamba snake. Its poison is so deadly it can outright kill an elephant with one bite, or any Low-class being.

     Click! At this time, Shirone walked in with her schoolbag, putting it to the side of her couch and picked up a readied cake Akeno had left her.

     Akeno came to Saji, handing him a cup and then sat back on her couch with Kuisha.

     Tsubaki handed Shirone a stack of requests she had gotten as reservations, and she went through them. She furrowed her brow and asked Tsubaki.

     "Big sister Tsubaki, I have overlapping job requests. I need to take care of my regular Mr Morisawa at 8 pm, but I have this new client at 9 pm, so I cannot cover them both? Can you do this second one for me?"

     My Queen shook her head and held up her own task.

     "I am making dinner for Miss Saki at 8 pm, so I might not be done in time. Kuisha, can you do it?"

     "Sorry, I have an 8 pm as well helping a University student with his science project."

     Just as Akeno was going to offer to take it, Saji said to Shirone.

     "I have no jobs tonight, and all of my homework is done, so I can take your 9 pm. I can even go home and bring my siblings dinner, so it works perfectly for me."

     Shirone handed him the Flyer and said.

     "That would be rad, thanks Saji. Here, have a cookie."

     I smiled at my little white kitty sharing her sugar. Saji took it with tears in his eyes as he bit into it, because she never shares her treats, so this was like becoming good friends. Or like when a cat brings you a dead bird or mouse it caught for you.

     Mil-tan was already out on a demolition job breaking down some old apartment buildings for his job, and will be back later...

-

     At 9 pm, Saji walked in and greeted me.

     "Here you go Ray, a Big Mac Combo for ya! See you in a bit, I am leaving now."

     "Alright, good luck."

     After Saji stepped on the Circle, the Flyer activated the Transportation Circle in the room, taking him to his job wrapped in crimson light..

     Not a minute later, the Circle lit up with incoming Peerage members... Tsubaki, Shirone, and Kuisha. Akeno, who was here, greeted them for me.

     Shirone, seeing my Coke, bounced over, hugged me, then stole my soda, sipping it with cute eyes. Damn. Then Kuisha stole my french fries and said.

     "I just love these, Ufufu. I guess Saji got you the combo?"

     I put my half eaten burger down and wiped my mouth.

     "Yeah a bit ago just before he left for...."

     I could tell, my Pawn Genshirou Saji's life is in danger! Yes, the Gremory Seal we place on our Servants hands is a Special Security Magic that monitors our Servants life signs, and danger level.

     And right now, Saji is half dead! This Crest I gave them also acts as a Summoning Flyer, able to bring me to the side of my Servants in an Emergency. This use of the Crest uses it up, and I will have to reapply it later.

     I stood rapidly running to the Magic Circle and told everyone.

     "Saji is dying, everyone emergency Teleport, now!"

     With her Queen speed, Tsubaki already was holding her Naginata, and at my left side

      Then both Kuisha and Akeno stood behind me, while Shirone stood in front of me as the Vanguard. Just before I was going to activate the circle, Mil-tan, hearing my yell, ran over and we both nodded wordlessly, saying.

     "Promotion to Queen ~Nyo!"

     Then I activated the circle, and all of us were engulfed in crimson light...

-        If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     As the light faded from our eyes, what we saw made my heart tighten, because this was not what I imagined to see. Why... Why is this happening now?

     "Oh ho ho ho, It is a Devil party, ha-ha! I hit the jackpot for Devil bitches, look dumb nun, your friend is with these Devil scum!"

     Freed Sellzen, the excommunicated Exorcist is holding Asia Argento against the wall of this dark living room full of blood and body parts.

     Saji is near me on his knees holding a smoking wound in his left side, while his right arm is also slashed with a smoking wound. He has his Absorption line out holding a couch in front of himself as a shield that had been used to block Light Bullets from the handgun Freed is holding in his hand. Seeing us, Saji said.

     "Freed killed my client, and that girl is my friend, sorry Ray, I could not defeat him..."

     Freed had ripped open Asia's robes, exposing her breasts and panties, and was holding his gun muzzle in her mouth, as he grins at me and asks.

     "Awe, Devil boy don't look so angry, you can have sloppy seconds, he-he-he!"

     "Freed Sellzen, your Fallen Angel handlers did not give you my message, it seems, for harming my Servant, and killing my client, I will punish you today... Attack him."

     Just as Freed let go of Asia, a black portal with purple light on its edges appeared next to Kuisha and by Asia, then Kuisha reached in, and pulled Asia to her side, startling the nun! Then the portals closed. Hole, is strong...

     Freed was left dumb founded seeing that, and then he dodged to the side as a couch and an armchair thrown by both Mil-tan and Shirone almost killed him flat. Freed yelled.

     "Fuck, a Giant and a Midget cannon! You Devils come in all sizes, ooh oho ha-ha!"

     Bang Ding Whoosh Bang Ding Whoosh Bang Ding Whoosh! As Freed continuously shot Light bullets in our direction, Tsubaki's Naginata spun, deflecting each shot with precision. Both of them are quick and agile. I said to the stunned Asia.

     "Asia Argento, please heal Saji before he dies of his wounds, especially if you are friends, thanks. Everyone, I sense his reinforcements coming so deal with him fast."

     I then created a Defensive Magic Circle for my two Bishops and Saji along with Asia, while my Queen, Rook, and Pawn deal with Freed.

     Nope, unlike Rias in the anime, I am not running, I did warn the Fallen to not interfere with my Servants and Clients.

     Plus, I had no idea Asia had come so soon...

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

71