Chapter 61  Game Day (Part 1)?
1.2k 37 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 61  Game Day (Part 1)? by Harem-Ham

 

     On the Gremory Train heading to the Underworld...

     In the Noble's Car, Kuisha has covered her mouth, and is a bit at a loss at what she is witnessing. She said playfully to Sona and I.

     "Ufufu, Well look at that Sona, you finally got beat, but what does it matter now? You definitely outsmarted yourself my friend."

     Sona is just looking blankly at the chess-board that she and I had just used. In a strange twist of fate, I accidentally beat Sona in my first game of chess. Sona just said with a daze.

     "Checkmated?! And now that I changed the game rules to marry me, this game is pointless..."

     I scratched my head on how I won, because frankly, I was not even trying, and by happenstance, I beat her. Smiling at her, I said.

     "You are just preoccupied and lost your train of thought, and I just got lucky, so do not be sad, Sona."

     She frowns and says while cleaning her glasses with magic.

     "Ray, I was not distracted, and you just used intuition, but that was enough. Luck is also a skill. I am only upset because this day's event must still be held, and this means there is a small chance of you not winning, so I am mad at myself for thinking of this method of having you win, sigh..."

     Kuisha comforts her.

     "Well, when our Ray wins today, in your heart, you will know that Ray beat with both brains and brawn. That only means your new fiance is worth the effort."

     [Prepare for turbulence, we are leaving the Dimensional Gap and entering the Underworld entrance.]

     I clean up the table and suggest.

     "Let us go be with our Peerages."

     As I stood to leave, Sona grabbed my hand and then said.

     "You need to win no matter what. Also, you beat me in chess, so here is your reward."

     Kuisha looked amused at Sona being so bold, as Sona held me and kissed me. But this time, Sona finally made our kiss passionate. For a short time, our tongues entangled, and I could feel her desperation for me to do my best today. When she parted, Kuisha said with a teasing tone.

     "Husband, don't let sister Sona down today, or she will cry. Let's go, you two, Ufufu."

-

     Sona and I did not bring our full Peerages due to the fact it was still a school-week, and frankly, she was uncertain about bringing Issei along. Too many guests would come today, and her group needed to be on their best behavior, so we only brought three each.

     Me, Sona, Kuisha, Akeno, Tsubaki, Gasper, Rugal, and Momo are the only ones from our groups to come today.

     As we entered the Servant's Car, we saw Gasper playing a portable game system by the window sitting in his cardboard box. Akeno and Tsubaki were reading magazines from the Underworld. Rugal was watching out the window at the scenery, and Momo was painting her nails with magic.

     As we came in, Akeno stood and asked.

     "Can I get you three some tea?"

     Kuisha said to her.

     "Thanks Akeno, Ray has a parched throat."

     Sona had a very slight blush hearing Kuisha's joke, and we all sat. Sona sat with Momo, to not show intimacy with me, especially today. I sat between Tsubaki and Kuisha.

-

     After Akeno placed black tea down for us, we began speaking about the upcoming game today...

     Momo placed a spreadsheet of the 41 total participants. We see the following names and number of stars behind each name.

     Lord Ray Gremory ☆☆☆☆☆
     Lord Sairaorg Bael ☆☆☆☆☆
     Lord Riser Phenex ☆☆☆☆☆
     Count Pocky Dantalion ☆☆☆☆☆
     Viscount AttreaVe Shax ☆☆☆☆☆
     Lord Diodora Astaroth ☆☆☆☆☆
     Lord Zephyrdor Glasya-Labolas ☆☆☆☆
     Lord Litharia Berith ☆☆☆☆
     Lord Elegance Zepar ☆☆☆☆
     Lord Razgriz Sallos ☆☆☆
     Lord Glaethoth Gamigin ☆☆☆
     Lord Khayon Beleth ☆☆☆
     Lord Plur Amon
     Lord Ning Furfur
     Lord Nydre Glaysa-Labolas
     Lord Zist Purson
     Lord Valdez  Vassago
     Lord Zetsway Paimon
     Lord Cifrado Barbatos

     Sona points to the list and tells us...

     "This Power, Status, and Threat chart shows the overall importance of the top 19 players. The remaining 22 devils are not even worth ranking and seem to be forced to join to help out as flunkies to their masters above."

     "As for the 5-star players, it is mostly evident... Ray, Sairaorg, and Riser are the true powerhouses by sheer strength. Diodora was given a rank of 5 by Ray as a must kill threat. I gave the Count and Viscount a 5-star rating because they are friends of my Sitri family, and are on Ray's side to help in the shadows, so please don't accidentally blow those two up Ray."

     "The 4-star Devils are independent forces and just want to marry me for domination and the Sitri resources. They are just above average, not even worth a 5-star threat, but still need to be careful of. They might just stab you in the back when you blink."

     "Those three 3-star Devils are hardly above average in anything, but are on nobody's side. Basically, they are opportunist vultures, and never turn your back on them, plus they think they are special in their own minds."

     "No 2-star Devils of note, but all of those 1-star trash Devils are all working under Diodora. They are weak and the worst kind of Devil. All of them have committed atrocities in the Human world, and are rumored to be aiding forces of the Old Devil Faction, but no proof has come to light. These 1-star Devils should be butchered and fed to hell-pigs. I believe that Diodora has bought all of them a single Phoenix tears for this fight."

     Sona pushed up her glasses and asked me.

     "Ray, did this all make sense for you?"

     I gave her a thumbs up and looked at all of the pictures next to each of their names and memorized them.

     "Yeah, I will go heavy handed on all 3-star and below, watch my back on the 4-star, and other than your two helpers, fight seriously with the other 5-stars. I memorized all of them."

     Momo said to my group.

     "You will be able to see their faces before the fight, because all of the participants will gather in the Hotel waiting area in Agreas. Then you will all enter the field from the Agreas Dome. Everyone will watch from the stands and the event will even be televised."

     Gasper then asked Sona.

     "President, why will it be televised?"

     Sona pointed to herself and then me.

     "With two siblings of Devil Kings, and so many political webs in play, this event will move Devil Politics if the wrong Husband marries me, or rather, the Sitri."

     After that, we only had casual conversations, and just tried to relax, because the train ride was still going to be a couple of hours...

-

     Upon stepping off the train, I was met by Grayfia, and guards from the Gremory house. Grayfia, seeing me in my high-school uniform, smiled lightly and said professionally.

      "Greetings Prince and Lady Gremory. Also, Princess Sitri, your guard and escort is there."

     At this point, with the press here, it would not be good for the Gremory to be so close before the event, so Sona took her three members and went to her house's escorts. I said to Grayfia.

     "It has been a couple of months, how are you, Grayfia?"

     "Well, it will be better once you greet your overly excited niece. Rias is with your Mother and Father up on the Island. Let us move and talk in private."

     The Gremory guards had to cut a path through the sea of reporters trying to get both my and Sona's attention. And like proper nobles, we all just wave. Kuisha is better at handling this for me, with her blonde hair and green eyes, she attracts attention from all the young Devils.

     Akeno and Tsubaki follow with their Japanese charms on full display. And they are all three also in the Kuoh Academy uniforms. Why? At first, I thought it was strange how in the anime, they always wore their school uniforms, and thought it was just lazy animators, but, no...

     It seems that me and my Peerage wearing it, has been dubbed as our uniforms for my Peerage. In the underworld, my Mother has started a clothing line selling our summer and winter uniforms to Devils. Sona also has this same deal going, and both families have gone half in on this venture. Even Rugal is wearing a boys uniform while he is here, even though he is a University 1st year student.

     Today, we are not taking the gondola up, but a rented small airship. This way we will not drown in the sea of reporters up on the island. Sona, Kuisha, and I are basically like pop-star idols for young Devils in the Underworld.

-

    An hour later our group of 5 stepped foot into the Areas Dome Arena Hotel lobby, and it was bustling with many VIPs. Well with 41 participants, all of High Class Noble rankings, this should be expected.

     "Son, over here, we have been waiting for you."

     To the left of the lobby, my Father, Mother, Rias, and Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa. We wave and walk to meet them immediately. Sadly, where ever I go, I cause normal Devils to be startled and have even had some Devils bow to me thinking I am my older Brother. Our looks being only a couple of years apart really causes me a headache. Then my Mother said,

     "Son and Daughter, come let me hug you."

     Once my Mother let me go, Rias held her arms up for me to pick her up, so I did.

     "Uncle Ray, did you miss Rias?"

     I gently pinched her nose and she giggled, then I said.

     "Your Aunt Kuisha and I missed you the most, and we brought you new Manga."

     "Yay, Uncle and Auntie are the best~!"

     Then my Father with his iconic smile said to my group.

     "Lets go to Sirzechs VIP room, because there are too many unfriendly eyes here. also my son, your older Brother has some good news for you."

     I was truly puzzled at what good news he could have offered?

-        If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     Upon entering my Brothers VIP room, he turned to face us all, and his face lit up when he saw me. He said to me,

     "Greetings Brother and Sister, I am glad to see you again. It has been a long two months. Ray, I have two important things to inform you about."

     As we all sat, Grayfia, Tsubaki, and Akeno poured drinks for everyone, while my Brother floored me.

     "First, Grayfia is pregnant."

     BUZZ! My head just went blank for a moment hearing this news. I cannot wrap my head around this, especially because Grayfia only gave birth like 8 years ago, and it is really too soon. Second, I know in the anime, she only had one child?!

     While I was in a daze, my girls all hugged the smiling Grayfia and my Brother was a bit surprised I was so out of it. But I caught myself and stood to hug Grayfia.

     "Sister Grayfia, I am really so happy for our family growing, great work."

     "Thank you Ray."

     After Grayfia and I broke our hug, I hugged Sirzechs and said.

     "Good job Big Bro, show those Devils how robust we Gremory men are! They will be calling us the new Phenex clan soon, ha-ha!"

     I actually made my Brother speechless, talking about his fertility. My parents laughed at his odd expression. But soon he got serious and told me the second thing.

     "Ray, thanks to the intelligence you got for us, we have captured two of the Hero Faction members... Jeanne and Leonardo. We now have them in our custody."

     My mouth was open so wide you could stuff an egg in it!

 

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

(A/N Rough Estimate Power Levels)

Spoiler
  • [Human-class (low 1-3, mid 4-6, high 7-9)]
  • [Low-class (low 10-30, mid 31-60, high 61-99)]
  • [Middle-class (low 100-300, mid 301-600, high 601-999)]
  • [High-class (low 1,000-3,000, mid 3,001-6,000, high 6,001-9,999)]
  • [Ultimate-class (low 10,000-30,000, mid 30,001-60,000, high 60,001-99,999)]
  • [Satan-class = Devil King-class (low 100,000-300,000, mid 300,001-600,000, high 600,001-999,999)]
  • [Super Devil-class = Transcendent-class (low 1,000,000-3,000,000, mid 3,000,001-6,000,000, high 6,000,001-9,999,999)]
  • [God-class (low 10 million+ - mid ???- high ???)]
    [collapse]
60