Chapter 65  Game Day (Part 5)?
969 29 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

 

Chapter 65  Game Day (Part 5)? by Harem-Bastard

 

     [Greetings, I am the Queen of Devil King Lucifer, and my name is Grayfia Lucifuge. I will be the Announcer and Arbiter for today's Challenge for designating the next fiance to Princess Sona Sitri. I was asked to take this role by the Sitri House.]

     We, the group of 40 younger Devils, all who are age 25 or younger, are currently standing in the field awaiting instructions. On the big screen is my Sister-in-law, Grayfia. I feel kinda strange because I do now feel that even though canon has been changed in my world, there seems to be some kinda Law of Fate.

     I remember in the anime, Grayfia was also the Arbiter for the Riser vs Rias Rating game, though the contents are vastly different than before. I have been listening to Grayfia explain the rules for the onlookers who are watching, and I noticed the arena is only about ¾ full.

     [... And the third stipulation, is only 1 familiar may assist the master... The fourth implementation is regarding Ray Gremory... And the sixth rule about Phoenix Tears... Finally, any participant may retire early...]

     Grayfia has been listing off a lot of game overview for onlookers, while I studied all of the Devils and what they are wearing, who they look at, and their manner of presence. This time before entering is where the battle is going to be lost and won. Everyone expects me to rampage and win with sheer strength, but that is not the case.

     I will subvert all expectations and win with cunning, intellect, and deception. Sure some Devils might think it cowardly for others, but my strength is not in question here, so I will show my Devilish-side today.

     I study Riser, Sairaorg, and Diodora the most. I am memorizing their outfits and listening to their voices carefully.

     Finally, I look up to the VIP skyboxes and see the Sitri box. I smiled at the nervous looking Sona. Then I shift my vision to my Gremory family, and see everyone watching me. Little Rias is at the glass waving at me, so I grin and give her a thumbs up.

     Then suddenly, there were 40 white Magic Circles in a formation in the center of the arena floor...

     [All contestants, there are 40 Transportation gates that will bring you to a randomized location inside, The Sea Cave Palace. Please find a spot and get ready to enter.]

     I hung back to let all the other Devils pick first, to show that I do not have any intention of picking a spot ahead of time, so no one thinks I am cheating.

     When there was only a single open spot, I walked to it and stood. The other Devils also noticed my action of taking whatever was left, and felt relieved that I was not trying to cheat.

     [Now that everyone is in place, good luck.]

     From all of our feet, came a white magical light rising up to cover our sight, and then we vanished from the field...

-

     As the white light faded from my vision, I looked around to see what environment we were playing in. Sona and her family chose a Rating Game Field that represents their family... A Water Wonderland?!

     I am in a large underground cavern system with small lakes and rivers running through a maze-like structure. Small stone shrine pillars that are old and half broken, are scattered throughout the cavern system. In all directions, there are cave tunnels leading to other large caverns like the one I am standing in.

     I put my hand out and summon my Familiar, Precious. Buzz!

     Then my 30 foot tall Nine Headed Hydra looked at me, waiting for my orders. It stood at half the height of the inside of the cave, roughly 50 to 60 feet high above me, enough to fly if I wanted. I said to my Familiar.

     "Copy Riser Phenex, and I will copy Sairaorg. If I use my Gremory Magic Circles, they will identify me, so I will pretend to be my cousin and punch them to death."

     Poof Poof!And both of us use our Transformation Magic, that I am specialized in. (see chapter 9) And now Precious is standing in the iconic red suit of Riser Phenex, with his hands in his pockets, and a cocky grin plastered on his face, Precious imitating Riser with my memories of him, says.

     "Master, this Riser thinks even Riser would fall in love with my handsomeness. Now Riser will show others what true immortality is. Who needs Phoenix Tears my Family is known for, when this Riser cannot die, ha-ha."

     I start my act of being Sairaorg and clench my fist in front and say.

     "It does not matter, for I will use my fist to show my determination to crush all obstacles. Now, let us go find that Cousin of mine, and I will test his fists!"

     Precious then broke the act and asked.

     "Master, what do I do if I run into the real Riser?"

     "Just give him a raspberry and then run behind Diodora. Same thing if you run into the real Sairaorg! Okay, you go that way, and I will go that way, just retire if things look bad, I got this."

     "Then Riser is off. This Riser will let everyone know of my greatness!"

     I shook my head at my Familiar, because I know she will ignore my orders later and just cause a Rampage. The two of us split up...

-

     (A/N: BGM for the the next part... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erQURy_Ys5Y )

     [Lord Elegance Zepar has been defeated.]

     After ten minutes of not finding anyone, I heard Grayfia's announcement of the 10th competitor being eliminated from the challenge.

     Just then, as I rounded the corner, I was facing a large and imposing young Devil, known as Litharia Berith. He saw me and recognized my fake identity. He said shakily.

     "Prince Bael, are you looking for Prince Gremory? I just saw him down that way, if you are fast, you can catch him."

     The dark-skinned and bald Devil looked nervously while pointing, trying to convince me to spare him. I think my Cousin probably would have ignored this guy, just to fight me, sigh.

     I shrugged and say to him,

     "Litharia Berith, telling a lie is not very good for an honorable Devil like me. I know for a fact that my Cousin is not down there, or the fact you saw him..."

     "N-No, he is down that way, and I have no intention of fighting you Lord."

     I slowly close my large hand making knuckle-bones crack, then I tell him.

     "When you are lying in your hospital bed recovering after this, make sure to watch the replay, and see why I know you are a cowered..."

     I then kneel into a runner's stance, and make a firm fist with my right hand, and then ran towards the large man, who puts up his hands to block in an X shape.

     Swoosh Thud! BOOM! Just the way Sairaorg would do it, I rushed in and firmly punched into his stomach, with an uppercut, launching him into the roof of the cavern. He was embedded into the ceiling, and as his body was starting to fall back down, the light of Retirement covered him removing his unconscious self to the hospital. Then I heard Grayfia...

     [Lord Litharia Berith, has been defeated.]

     "Sigh, Acting like my Cousin does not seem to have the same shock value as a disguise... I know!"

     Poof! I cast another version of my Transformation Magic, and then grin as I say.

     "Now, I am the elegant and noble, Diodora Astaroth! Now let's go look for some nuns to harass!"

     I swagger-off, as I hear another 2 names being crossed off the list.

     [Lord Khayon Beleth and Lord Razgriz Sallos have both been defeated.]

-

     About half an hour later, I came down to a large underground lake, and I saw...

     "Stop there you damn imposter! Riser demands to know who you are!"

     Then the Riser in front yelled while running away.

     "How dare an imposter call the great and noble Riser Phenex an imposter! Oh, look, it is Lord Diodora Astaroth!"

     As Precious saw me, she ran towards me to kite the mad Riser along, and she then ran past me and said.

     "Master, he is all yours, ha-ha! Bye-Bye!"

     Suddenly, Precious had unsummoned herself and left me alone with Riser in the underground lake area. Riser, seeing me standing on the shore, asked with a sneer.

     "Diodora Astaroth, so was this your plan to bait me here to deal with me?"

      I pointed to myself and gave Diodora's iconic asshole smile and asked.

     "Lord Riser, I can assure you that it was Ray Gremory's familiar you are or were chasing. And do I look smart enough to come up with that kind of plan?"

     I ejected my bat-wings and then flew to the center of the lake. I offered.

     "Help me beat Ray Gremory, then I will let you win this fight? I have a score to settle, so let me go?"

     Riser smugly looked down on me and said.

     "Riser does not need to work with anyone to defeat you or even Ray Gremory. Let Riser show you why Riser is a Rating Game professional."

     I sigh, then I smile and say.

     "Sigh, I don't know if I am lucky, or you are unlucky. But you came at the wrong place and time. Sona has trained me in one of her favorite Water Magic Spells. So, forgive me for drowning your immortality under the lake..."

     As I extended my hand over the water, I released my Gremory Attack Magic Circle, and 6 enormous Eastern Dragons made out of water grew from the lake, and all rushed to the stunned Riser, coiling around him, biting, grappling, and dragging him into the heart of the lake!

     "Ray Gremory you deceitful bastard!"

     Riser is using his Fire Magic to blow each of the Dragons apart, one at a time, while his Immortality was rapidly repairing his injuries. While I kept creating more Water Dragons, I smiled at the struggling Devil and said.

     "Sorry, but I am petty. My Brother told me to not solve things with violence, so I never repaid you for what you did 8 years ago... But since this is a game, fighting is the main purpose, so let's see what lasts longer, your ability to recover, or my endless pool of Demonic Power?!"

     "Ah?! Ray Gremory, what are you... Ah! What is this?"

     As Riser was pulled underwater, I summoned another type of water creature... Hell Parana!

     I created thousands of small water creatures to nibble at him, forcibly tearing into his flesh.

     Riser continuously used his fire to boil the creatures, but between that, and his Stamina depleting nonstop, he fell into a disadvantage around 15 minutes later. I summoned a fresh batch of Dragons at this time...

     [Lord Riser Phenex has surrendered and Retired.]

     I stopped the monster onslaught and saw the white light of retirement under the water. Seems he was not defeated, but he gave up? How bad was he feeling down there?

     "Did he forget about the Gremory Devils having a Master Magic talent?" (see chapter 9)

     I turned and flew back to the shore, retracted my wings, then headed down the passage Riser had come from...

-       If this story is on any-other site than Scribble Hub, then it was stolen without permission!

     In the Game Infirmary, Riser was puking out water, and the missing chunks of flesh over his body, made him look hideous.

     Ravel Phenex had rushed in to see the medics applying Phoenix Tears to her brother, to quickly fix the injuries he had been unable to recover, due to lack of Stamina. Ravel asked her Brother.

     "Big Brother, are you alright?"

     Now not in any more pain, he just looked at the ceiling in a daze, because he really could have died if he stayed under and endured any more punishment. To think, he reached his limit of being able to recover...

     The Doctor, seeing his lack of response, told her.

     "Lady Phenex, don't worry... He is only suffering from Stamina depletion. He had already used recovery medicine during the fight, but now... He is mentally exhausted."

     Unknown to others, Riser had just contracted... Hydrophobia.

 

 

Click the [ ] Button on ALL chapters! Thank You!

61