Chapter 50.
627 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 50.

Amber didn’t understand, she couldn’t understand. It was the same Server of Chaos, the very one she had killed, and somehow⁠— in some way, it was back. It was the exact same demon, Amber couldn’t mistake it, and from the looks of it, it also recognized her. 

“Human, did you really thinking killing me was enough for me to die?” It grinned. “You will have to do better than that⁠—”

And numerous spells went off, engulfing the demon in a cloud of explosions, electricity and fire itself. That wasn’t all, over a hundred arrows slammed through the veil of dust, before hitting and⁠— clinking against something hard. 

“I see you’ve brought company, scared to face me, again?” With a swipe of his hand, the smoke cleared and what was left was a purple barrier. “Your tricks will not work on me again.” 

Amber’s mind was still whirling, but as she stared at the demon and felt its presence she realized⁠— it was strong. Much stronger than anything she had fought so far. However, this wasn’t important, what was important was catching up to Oracle and⁠—

No, even if I get past the demon I’ll be overwhelmed by all the mages that he’s accompanied with. Amber gritted her teeth. Which means I have to kill the demon as soon as possible… 

Her eyes narrowed and she turned towards the demon, and then a moment later she used Quick Dash. She immediately ended up in front of the demon, and with a jump she slashed forward. The barrier blocked the hit and the demon raised its finger. 

Explode.” 

Amber took the explosion head on and was blasted away⁠— receiving little to no damage due to the amount of curses inside of it. The demon smiled before his barrier was assaulted by more attacks from the knights. Even though there were over a dozen mages and archers attacking, the barrier didn’t seem to give way. 

“I see you remain loyal to curses, human wench.” 

Amber frowned at that. “And I’ve see you’ve become a massive pussy, what happened to fighting without a barrier?” 

There was a silence before a purple miasma exploded from beneath the demon. The tunnel walls cracked and stones fell from the ceiling with a deep rumble. 

“INSECT!” the demon screamed.

Amber smirked at that. So he’s still just as pissy⁠— 

And she stepped to the side as a glinting purple slash passed, it happened in a flash and Amber let out a small breath. But the danger wasn’t gone, far from it⁠— she raised her sword to block and a loud clink resounded. She felt her wrists tremble as she was sent skidding a meter back across the ground. 

She looked down at the Firecursed and it was… dented. Amber frowned at that and looked up as a slash dispersed the smoke. The demon was wielding a sword⁠— the same one that he’d summon with his spells. And then, before she could react the demon appeared in front of her swinging its sword down. 

Amber didn’t block, instead she side stepped to the side and raised her sword before using its active skill⁠—

“Flamethrower⁠—”

A crimson deluge blasted the demon, and he let out nothing more than a low growl as he was forced to take two steps back. Then, Amber wasting no time called out to the knights. 

“Let me borrow some of your swords, now!” 

There was no response, all that came were attacks from the mages and archers. However, just when Amber was about to act and grab them herself, she heard a scream.

“Give her your swords dumbasses, or go fight the demon yourself!” Ave screamed. 

At that, she heard multiple clinks a moment later, and Amber smiled. She dashed backwards and stowed away the Flamecursed Sword, picking up two of the weapons at once, and then Amber turned and raised the two swords to block. 

Its massive sword was brought down and a loud bang resounded. Amber’s metal boots broke through the ground and she gritted her teeth. The demon in response wildly smiled, and a barrage of magical attacks came⁠— one that was blocked by a barrier.

“What’s wrong, pest? Are you surprised at my strength?” the demon snickered. 

Amber gritted her teeth, the demon was strong. It was as physically strong as her, except it was a mage. Even though it was level 142, it was infinitely stronger than the level 140 mage she fought⁠— Is this because he isn’t a being from this world? Or is this the equivalent of fighting  someone with a Legacy Branch⁠— Amber didn’t know, but the demon seemed to take glee in her expression.

“That is right, fear me, tremble before me, and then beg for your life, Primordial Spirit servant⁠—” 

And Amber scoffed, channeling all of her built up rage. “Battery⁠—”

At that moment blood exploded. The demon screamed as thousands of lacerations appeared on his body, flames engulfing him and Amber wasted no time in dashing forward with the two new heavily dented swords. She made sure to cover them with her blood as she prepared herself.

Then, she used the 3rd Rank of Quick Dash and appeared on top of the demon, immediately slamming down both of the blades into its shoulder blades with a twist. The curses coursing her body affected her attack, causing a much stronger sizzling sound to echo. 

“For someone that uses curses, you are awfully susceptible to them.” Amber smiled before holding the two blades. “Flamethrower.”

Amber didn’t even know if it would work, but given her entire body was effected by curses maybe she could use the active effect of the Flamecursed Sword without even wielding it, and to her surprise⁠— a crimson deluge engulfed the wounds of the demon as a pained and angry scream resounded.

“HUMAN!” 

The demon slammed against the wall in a blink and Amber’s back cracked. She gritted her teeth as the demon tried to reach for her on his back, but even though Amber was hurt she wasted no time in plunging her hand into his open wound and burning the demon’s blood. Which caused a very angry scream. 

Then, before the demon could reach her, Amber used her skill again⁠— the 3rd rank of Curse Battery coming into use immediately as she screamed. 

“Battery!” 

More blood was drawn and the flames raged even more stronger, then a moment later a myriad of spells hit the demon’s legs, barely missing Amber. There was no barrier to block, evidently the demon being in too much of a predicament, but Amber didn’t stop there. 

“Battery, battery, battery!” 

Thousands of slashes went off, multiple explosions of flames rippled, and blood splattered like there was no tomorrow. Amber smiled as she raised her dagger, the demon was screaming and moving around as if were helpless. Maybe it was much stronger than her, but it didn’t have the right skills⁠—

“DIE!” 

And Amber went flying, her vision blurred as the whole world turned purple and then⁠— she crashed against the wall. Amber felt all of her bones break, shatter from the sheer speed at which she hit the hard surface. In a single moment she had hit critical condition. 

Amber on instinct, used the 2nd Rank of Recovery of Curses which immediately helped her, along with the already burnt blood of the demon and the rage that was converted into her healing skill. It took less than a second for her vision to refocus and for her to let out a pained groan. 

But when she saw her surroundings she realized that she was essentially trapped in a purple arena, all of the knights had been shut off to the outside⁠— they seemed to be frantically attacking the barrier but to no avail. Then, she turned to the center of the room as she got up, her bones cracking back into place. 

At the center, there was the demon standing, it was slouched forward looking at the ground. Close to half of its skin was charred and blackened, its body was littered with cuts and blood was still oozing out of its wounds. The Servant of Chaos was heavily panting, and it was also growling. 

“Scum, trash, wench, human,” it said in a low voice. “You are lucky⁠— no, you are blessed that only a fraction of my power was summoned, last time you were even luckier by interrupting the summoning.” 

It looked up, anger evident in its eyes. 

“Even if you win, even if you triumph, it will all be meaningless. Being killed is not my end, and I can tell⁠— I can smell Essence on you, which means it is only a matter of time before I can kill you for good,” it hissed. 

Amber found it interesting⁠— the way demons worked⁠— it seemed that he was summoned with a set amount of power depending on the sacrifices, and there was also the fact that it seemed it wouldn’t actually die. But Amber took that as a challenge more than anything, though, she couldn’t smile about it. 

“I will commend the fact that you have grown, but you are but an ant in the face of the true me.” 

Amber scoffed as the demon summoned a blackened staff with a crimson jewel at its tip. 

“I’m an insect in the face of a lot of things, just like you are probably an insect in the face of gods.” 

The demon said nothing in response, instead it raised its staff with a rather serious expression, its tip glinting in a purple light. Meanwhile Amber moved to grab another two swords from the ground, there were a total of five still there. She coated the two blades with her blood once again, and⁠— she heard a boom outside of the barrier, but it didn’t so much as shake.

“Don’t waste the thoughts of your tiny brain human. That barrier will only collapse until you die.” 

“And if I kill you?”

“That’s not happening, my magic may be limited, but I can still hurt you⁠—” and he flicked. 

Amber cocked her head, dodging a fine purple beam that grazed her and immediately drew blood. She could feel a curse linger that helped her heal the wound, but still she couldn’t help but blink as the demon smirked.

“Curses heal you, but unfortunately for you, my magic isn’t solely curses. I am the embodiment of chaos.” 

Amber didn’t know what the fuck even chaos actually was, but she bit back her quip and instead⁠— dodged. An explosion went off in her spot, one that would’ve seriously hurt her in spite of the curses it had. And then⁠—

“Fool.” 

She was forced to use the 3rd Rank of Quick Dash to dodge a second explosion, and this time she chose to appear right next to the demon’s legs as she grabbed both swords and with a powerful swing she cleaved them into his leg. A rage-laced Curse Cleave went off as the demon’s leg was nearly chopped off right then and there. 

The Server of Chaos almost collapsed as it grunted. 

Soul Ripper!”

A sweeping sword manifested, one Amber barely managed to jump over and then⁠— the demon swung its staff. Amber blocked it but was still sent flying and into the wall once more. Her breath was knocked out of her lungs as she wheezed, but even then she stood up a moment later, using Quick Dash to dodge a subsequent explosion that went off. 

The demon didn’t seem to be healing, or rather⁠— she squinted her eyes seeing its wounds seemed to have stopped bleeding⁠— it was healing incredibly slowly, which was good for her. 

Amber rushed the demon with Quick Dashes, and even though it was getting better at predicting where she would go, Amber still was left mostly unscathed as she arrived. The demon flicked its staff and a hole was perforated in her shoulder, but Amber still stabbed with both swords at once. 

And before the demon could hit back, she let go and backed off. The demon ignored the swords stuck in its thigh and Amber reached for another two swords, and once more she stained their blades with her blood. Needless to say that sometimes, it didn’t take effort and other times she had to cut herself open to achieve it⁠— this time it was the latter. She also covered her dagger with her blood as well. 

“Given up yet, human?” the demon asked, amused. 

Amber didn’t reply and instead narrowed her eyes. She took in the state of the demon, and it seemed to be lightly wobbling. Her plan was rather simple⁠— poison it to death with her blood. However, Amber didn’t know when that would happen. 

“No last words, well then, I guess I’ll put an end to you to you now.” 

He raised his staff and the ground began to emit purple light. Sharp Instincts warned Amber of an incoming explosion and yet all she did was smile⁠— 

Quick Dash!

She teleported on top of the demon and stabbed both of the swords into its chest. And in response, the demon met her gaze. 

“That is not enough to save you, insect.”

Amber grabbed at the dagger of her thigh. “I know.”

“Then give up⁠—” 

And she slammed the dagger into the palate of his mouth, then Amber kneed⁠— snapping its jaw shut as the spell immediately became undone. The demon reeled back and slapped her out of the way, but Amber was too agile. She maneuvered and dug her hands into its body to remain clinged to him, and then using the Firecursed Sword, she stabbed it⁠— embedded it with all her strength into its back.

The sword was so long that she only managed to get half of the blade, but it was enough to cause the demon to distract the demon. Which Amber used as a chance to grab another two swords, she cut into her arms with them and with the 3rd rank of Quick Step she stabbed them almost instantly.

Amber went off to grab the second sword as the demon threw the dagger at her⁠— it hit her armored shoulder as it let out a loud clink, and the demon pointed at her. 

“Ripper⁠—” A sword generated and the demon continued. “Ripper, ripper, ripper⁠—” 

Amber’s eyes widened as she found herself dodging a barrage of blades, but even though she was stronger and more agile than ever, she still found it hard to avoid some cuts and gashes⁠— one in particular tore through her stomach as she got close to the demon. 

While she could tell it was affected by the poison, it wasn’t acting nearly as fast as she’d like. At the same time her mana was⁠—

Running out. Amber gritted her teeth. If only consuming my blood will do it then⁠— 

She was interrupted as another blade took a good part of her shoulder. Her mind whirling as she tried to think of a strategy. 

Then, I can only make him ingest more blood⁠— 

Amber could only think of a way to do that, but it wasn’t sane⁠— it wasn’t something that anyone would think of, and it was⁠— 

She gritted her teeth as her leg was nearly chopped off. 

The only damn way to win. 

The demon was spamming its blade summoning spell without restraint and regards to its mana consumption. It was hellbent on killing her now, no matter the cost. 

“I don’t care if this makes my time in this world extremely limited, I’ll use all of me if I have to⁠— ripper!” it roared. 

Amber gritted her teeth and she was forced to block another sword before she was thrown into the ground. The cooldown for the teleportation was about to end, it just had a bit more time to go and then⁠— 

“BIND!” 

Empurpled thorns covered her and Amber found herself unable to move, then the demon pointed his finger at her.

Ripper!” 

Another sword came her way and Amber kept on trying to use Quick Dash, it was almost in  slow-motion, but just as it was about to hit⁠— the skill went off. 

She immediately landed on top of the demon and stabbed the final sword, and then she shifted to its face and jabbed her bloodied arm into its mouth, screaming.

She was fucking doing it⁠, even if it was a damn gamble— 

“Just fucking drop dead already!” 

Then Amber kicked⁠— its jaw clenched over her arm and she twisted, making its teeth tear into her flesh as her blood oozed out. The demon in turn grabbed her and ripped her away, unfortunately for her she kept her arm hole as she was thrown away. 

Amber hit the wall with a painful thud, and then the demon spat⁠ the remaining blood in his mouth. 

“Once upon a time a Primordial Spirit said my pride will be my undoing,” it said. “And for the longest time I thought they were stupid, but if I hadn’t been so prideful, you would be long dead.” 

She gritted her teeth looking at the demon who raised her staff at her. 

“I considered you a worthy opponent, but I do not understand, why the would you do that, insect?” 

Amber wanted to laugh. She didn’t have it in her to tell the demon that her plan was to feed it her entire arm, she didn’t even know what to say. She was desperate, and she had little to no options anymore. 

Her mana was nearly depleted⁠, and the only thing she could do at this point was⁠—

Amber stomped, and the demon was hit by it⁠— some cuts appeared and blood splattered, but there were no flames to be had, no nothing⁠— her cursed sword was inside of the demon. Cursed Stomp did not as much as stun the demon. And for a moment, she wondered what to do. 

Amber was… tired. She didn’t know what else to do, or how to finish off the demon, Curse Battery was spent and with no curses to properly recharge it⁠—

And Amber blinked. 

“I commend you, human.” The demon met her gaze. “I won’t have the energy to kill all of those knights behind you after your death, you have earned my praise.” 

Amber said nothing, instead she reached for the broken Sword of all Mortals and⁠— stabbed herself with it.

“Just know that for an insect, you’ve put a valiant effort.” 

Then, the demon began to channel its magic to blow her up for good and Amber⁠⁠— she continued to stab herself as she smiled⁠—

Curse Battery was being charged, and fast. 

I can win… 

She was spent, but she had one last attempt in her. 

She didn’t even have enough mana to use Quick Dash in quick succession, let alone its 3rd Rank, but she had enough for just one more. 

The demon’s explosion coalesced on top of her, and it spoke.

“Goodbye⁠, warrior.” 

And Amber dashed⁠— the explosion went off tearing through her armor and greviously injuring her back as she crashed against the demon throwing it against the ground as its injured leg gave way, and using all of the accumulated rage in her body she screamed⁠—

“Battery!”

Blood exploded in all directions, and Amber was about to continue when a notification came. 

 

[You have defeated a [Server of Chaos. Lvl. 142].] 

For defeating an enemy 20 levels above your own, you have received bonus experience!

Less experience for defeating an enemy as a group. 

 

It was dead…

She had done it… 

She had killed the Server of Chaos yet again. 

A long breath left her as the barrier collapsed. 

Then, with a deep breath, Amber turned to her notifications, and at the end, a new one appeared. 

 

[You have received a title…

 

And Amber’s eyes grew wide.

ITS THE START OF THE MONTH, THERE IS NO BETTER TIME TO PATREON!

Read the 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD start of BOOK 2 on Patreon HERE

You can join discord here

32