Chapter 73.
342 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 73.

God’s Physique. 

That was what it was called. 

What Amber instinctually understood was its name and what the visions showed her. And what she saw, made her excited but also shocked her. 

She saw a vision of Sid'fril, or what seemed to be Sid'fril, and she saw him lose his arm only for it to regenerate as if nothing had happened. And she could feel the process. It through Essence in which it was regenerated. While she didn’t have enough Essence to do that, nowhere near enough. 

She had the power of regeneration, the power to close her wounds on demand. 

Then, she saw a vision of Ax’thra, and he did nothing more than punch, followed by another one. The first took a large chunk of rock, and the other⁠— it shattered the whole mountain. 

She now had the power to increase her strength on demand, the power of momentum. 

Finally, she saw a vision of Val’leri, at first she was manipulating Essence normally, but after a moment her control grew more refined and intricate. Soon enough, she began to control fine threads that Amber could never dream of, and she just understood. 

She also now had the power of command, the power to will Essence to do what she wanted. 

Of course, she could do none of these things as effectively as the gods could. In fact, if Amber had to describe the effect of the momentum she could use, it was about the same as Cursed Supreme Momentum. The healing wasn’t something she could determine, and the same went for the power to effectively control more Essence.

At least, though, she felt a lot more confident in doing a lot of things. And at the same time, looking inside of her she could see what looked or rather feel what looked to be a complete core. 

But at the same time, she knew what it was missing.

It looked dead, just like Asil’s minus the completely shattered part. Hers was about the size of a ping pong ball, if she had to estimate. And yet, even at this level she could achieve so much. Amber didn’t quite understand if it was related to how strong she was already within the System, or how linked Essence was to it. So far, the two powers seemed separate from one another. 

But she had an inkling that they also interacted with each other to some extent. 

Finally, she shook her head before smiling.

“The cooldown in Fulminating Slash has been halved too and the battle is…” She looked towards the adventurers, few monsters remained and none were targeting her or even interested in her. “Almost done.” 

It was all in all, great fucking news. 

Of course, she had also progressed outside of Essence and her core. That entire battle had pushed her and it showed, in fact, she was rewarded greatly for it too. First were her skill level ups and levels. 

 

[You have defeated a [Warrior. Lvl. 160].] 

For defeating an enemy 15 levels above your own, you have received bonus experience!

 

[You have defeated a [Mage. Lvl. 142].] 

 

[You have defeated a [Venomous Mantid. Lvl. 148].] 

 

[Cursed Stomp has leveled up from 3rd rank level 8 to 3rd Rank level 9.]

[Curse Battery has leveled up from 3rd Rank level 7 to 3rd Rank level 9.]

[Cursed Rage Synergy has leveled up from 3rd Rank level 9 to 3rd Rank level 10.]

[Curse Manipulation has leveled up from 3rd Rank level 8 to 3rd Rank level 9.]

 

[Crimson Sense has leveled up from level 5 to 6.]

[Crimson Destruction has leveled up from level 3 to 4.] 

[Crimson Break has leveled up from level 1 to 2.] 

 

[Sharp Instincts has leveled up from 3rd Rank level 9 to 3rd Rank level 10.]

 

[You have reached level 142. 5 stat points awarded.]

+5 Vitality +5 Strength +5 Dexterity.] 

 

[You have reached level 147. 5 stat points awarded.]

+5 Vitality +5 Strength +5 Dexterity.] 

 

She was so damn close to level 150. Though Amber had a feeling that her advancement this time wasn’t going to be that simple. She wouldn’t have heard so many tales of mages being better than warriors otherwise. 

But for now, she decided to ignore that, instead she turned to see the skills which had ranked up, and she was incredibly happy about it. 

First were the two body enhancement skills of her class, Cursed Supreme Momentum and Cursed Supreme Berserker’s Body.

 

[⁠Cursed Supreme Momentum has reached 4th Rank ⁠— level 1. 

You’ve mastered the art of exploiting momentum to your advantage. If you are affected by a curse you will apply it to your target, and now you will be able to modify this momentum at will at the cost of your stamina. You may consume momentum to restore your stamina or consume it to increase it. This skill reaches its peak at ten minutes in battle, increasing your stats by 262.5% (75% before class bonus).

2nd Rank ⁠— Taking damage speeds the momentum build up

3rd Rank ⁠— You can consume stamina to increase your stats up to 350% (100% before class bonus. 

4th Rank ⁠— Damage dealt speeds the momentum build up.]

 

[Cursed Supreme Berserker’s Body has reached 4th Rank ⁠— level 1 

You’ve embodied what it means to be a Cursed Chosen Berserker and have become a Supreme One. Your body absorbs curses better. You feel half of the pain you’re supposed to feel and your body is 105% stronger. (30% before class bonus). 

2nd Rank ⁠— By adapting and abusing your body it has gained a unique constitution. Your body is 30% tougher.

3rd Rank ⁠— You can consume mana to apply the body enhancement bonus to your unique constitution. Your body will become 105% tougher (30% before class bonus).

4th Rank ⁠— Expended resources whether it be, mana, stamina or something else, are reduced by one third.] 

 

Amber blinked at both of them, the first one was⁠— didn’t that mean that at this point it was stupidly easy to increase Cursed Supreme Momentum to the max? And the second one, was… it was nothing short of great. But at the same time, Amber hoped it affected Essence. However, that remained to be seen. 

Then, there was the 2nd Rank of Crimson Fervor and Crimson Fuel. 

 

[Crimson Fervor has reached 2nd Rank ⁠— level 1

You have been in the presence of blood and entrails to the point you've grown numb to them. And now, they are your fuel to grow. The longer you are in the presence of blood, the stronger, more durable and agile you become. This skill reaches its peak at twenty minutes increasing your stats by 350% (100% before class bonus). 

2nd Rank ⁠— Shedding blood speeds the build up drastically.

This skill takes twice the time in comparison to normal skills to level.] 

 

[Crimson Fuel has reached 2nd Rank ⁠— level 1

You have been in contact with blood time and time again. Now you can use it to fuel you. When in contact with foreign blood you can extract its life-force to increase your regeneration. When in contact with your own blood you can burn it to enhance your physical attributes by 175% (50% before class bonuses). 

2nd Rank ⁠— You can burn your own blood, or extract the life-force of foreign blood without having to shed it. 

This skill takes twice the time in comparison to normal skills to level.] 

 

Crimson Fervor had basically lost its limitation of taking twenty minutes no matter what, and Crimson Fuel had… its description wasn’t the best, but Amber could feel what it meant. Her blood was a source that she could tap on to, she no longer needed to cut herself or bleed in order to make herself stronger. 

No, she could just consume it. 

And from enemies, touching their skin directly was enough based on what she could tell. Overall, they were two great upgrades in her opinion. 

Finally, she turned to the surroundings, the battle was officially over, and the adventurers seemed to be taking care of their injuries. So Amber, busied herself. She went through the bodies of the people she could reach, looting each and every single one of them. She found some goodies, such as:

A journal! 

Where there seemed to be propaganda of the great nation of Ofril but she kept it in case she wanted to make notes in the future, of course, she also took the pen. She also found:

Gold coins!

Amber continued to loot, finding random stuff she didn’t quite need, the staffs of the mages looked average enough, but she did find something in one of the higher leveled mages that was worth taking. 

 

[Enchanted Grade ⁠— Staff of Flames ⁠— Superb Quality 

This staff is enhanced with the Blessing of Flames, amplifying the strength of flame related spells cast by 50%.] 

 

She pocketed that, intending to give it to Velda in the future. 

Amber continued to rummage and discarding most of the stuff, before finally she reached the level 160 warrior she had faced, saving the possibly best for last. His sword was Relic grade, and even though it looked unassuming it hid quite the secret. It was made into two parts, one was the handle, and the other was the blade. 

 

[Relic Grade ⁠— Steel Blade — High Quality 

This blade bears the Curse of Weakness, any being that touches this blade will be gradually weakened until only fifty percent of their original strength remains. 

Ability: Self-repair: At the cost of your mana the Armor of Frenzy will be repaired of any damage.

 

In fact, it was such a peculiar weapon to her because the blade was loose, meaning it rattled on the handle. Though, of course, Amber didn’t pay too much attention, instead she just absorbed the curse and discarded the sword. 

 

[ Three out of five curses has been absorbed.

Cursewelder has discarded the duplicate ability: Self-repair. 

Cursewelder now wields the Curse of Weakness. ] 

 

Now, the Cursewelder had, the Curse of Laceration, Curse of Demonic Blood, and the Curse of Weakness. It also had absorbed the Flamecursed Sword, marking the total curses in the Cursewelder to a grand total of four. 

All in all, it was a great find. 

Amber dropped the now useless sword on the ground and smiled. Things were going great in her opinion. Finally, however, she went to check on the adventurers which seemed to be gathered⁠— huddled together.

Asil on the meantime gave her a glance with shock but didn’t say anything, choosing to keep whatever he wanted to say to himself, at least for now. Because, whatever was going on seemed to be more important, the question was what exactly. 

However, on her way there she was stopped by Kaz, and he immediately let out a sigh.

“So, this is what you warned us about,” he said. “And they were coming after you, but at the same time we probably would have run into them sooner or later even if they weren’t searching for you. Which is why we will return to the surface and inform them what is happening.”

Amber nodded at his words and he continued. 

“I thank you for dealing with the strongest combatant, and I also thank your friend.” He looked towards Asil. “Without you two, we would have died. If we encountered them alone, there is no doubt they would have slaughtered us.”

“Right.”

Amber didn’t necessarily know where he was going at this point, but he let him continue talking.

“So in short, I guess what I’m trying to say is, you have my respect.” He laughed to himself. “I don’t understand what kind of ridiculous powers or magic you used, but it saved us. So, thank you. Which is why I’ll give you this.”

She blinked as she was given a piece of rolled up parchment. 

 

[Enchanted Grade ⁠— Map of the Great Dungeon: Torl ⁠— Rare Quality.

This map has been enchanted with the Enchantment of Location, showing the map's current location relative to the dungeon.] 

 

Amber blinked.

“Even if you have a map, I doubt its as good as this one. Keep it, you’ve earned it.” 

“Thank you, this is really useful.” 

Kas smiled, and then went away, which left Amber slightly confused. She didn’t know if it was worth thanking her for fighting or even be given a map, but apparently she was wrong. Because not even a minute later she was approached by a different adventurer. 

“Thank you, there is no doubt in my mind that you’re extraordinary, so, stand proud, you are strong.”

And then the string of thank you’s continued, though all of them were simple except for the first one.

All in all, it was a puzzling experience to her given she didn’t exactly think there was much to thank her for. But eventually, the last person approached⁠— Riya the scout. 

“Sorry you had to see me like that,” she said hesitantly. “We are actually returning to the surface, so I won’t stick around. But know that I owe you one; for this, and for before. If you see me around, feel free to call out to me.”

And with a nod, she left. The adventurers were gathering their possessions at this point, and that was when Asil finally approached her. Amber watched as the elf hesitated for a few moments. 

“You know, I believe you’ve held the end of your bargain, and while I believe I’ve held mine, I also think I failed you in some ways,” he stated. 

“Huh, right.” 

Amber didn’t exactly think Asil was a bad teacher, but he seemed to feel that way. However, she let him continue given he was speaking with resolution.

“You have learned a new body enhancing skill, one that I’ve seen a few times and that is rare. God’s Physique,” he said in a whisper. “And it is because of that, that I believe you hold great potential⁠— well based on everything I’ve seen from you. I won’t try to tell you to come with me or something like that, I know what a no means.”

“Uh, do you?”

The elf scoffed.

“Anyway, we are past that point now. I want to congratulate you in forming your nucleus. Now all that’s left is for you to ignite it, and then you will have officially completed your training. You know how to do that, and I’ve taught you enough for you to hold out on your own,” he said simply.

Then a moment later he continued. 

“Which is why, I wish to say goodluck to you, but I also want to give you a gift. A departing gift from teacher to student.”

“Sure…?” Amber was confused.

“Can I use your Essence?” he asked. 

Amber hesitated but gave him her hand, and she focused on sensing what he was doing. And what proceeded to happen had to be the strangest Essence manipulation she had ever felt. It almost felt as if parting space itself and opening a gateway to more Essence.

And yet visually, all there was, was a black hole in the air that the elf had stuffed his hand in. 

Finally, after a few moments, he took out what looked to be a pendant with a crimson stone. Amber stared at it for a few moments before it was given to her, and that’s when he finally stopped drawing Essence. 

“This is for you, I am sure it will come in useful.”

Amber blinked at his words and used Identify only to see:

 

[??? Grade ⁠— ??? ⁠— ??? Quality

??? ??? ??? ??? ???.]

 

The same result as with the Cube of Stars. She looked up to the elf. 

“What does this do?”

And in response, he smiled, ignoring his question.

“Never did I think I’d befriend a friend of the same person that imprisoned me, but I’m glad it happened.” He nodded before turning around. “Goodbye Amber, you know where to find me should you want to.”

Amber blinked. “Wait, find Cecile, she is a merchant of purple hair, level 80. Tell her that I’m sorry for abandoning her like that and warn her about what is happening. And if possible, take her with you out of the desert.”

The elf paused for a moment, considering, and finally he nodded. “Alright.”

And with that, they waved their goodbyes. 

She watched as the adventurers and the elf left, and a few minutes later, she was alone. Surrounded by corpses, but alone deep inside the underground dungeon. However, now she had a map. 

And of course she opened it, and for a moment she saw nothing but scribbles but soon it settled onto the floor she was in and her position represented a tiny blue arrow⁠— and the entire dungeon was…

She blinked. 

“Wouldn’t it take me literal days to make it from one side to the other?” 

Still, she paid no attention to that, and instead she looked towards the symbol that indicated a descent before heading that way. 

She had to complete her core, and she had to reach her level 150 advancement⁠.

She had to get stronger before leaving, otherwise this time she would truly die at the hands of the Arcane Council. Once she dealt with that, she’d give the cube back to Sid'fril, maybe learn how to get to Ill’hine and also head to the Sacred Forest. 

So, with a mental list, Amber got to work. 

 

* * * 

 

Amber descended by two whole floors to seek stronger foes. 

And once she found them:

 

[Darkness Velstalker. Lvl. 154] 

[Darkness Velstalker. Lvl. 152]

 

She fought with them. 

Amber used Fulmination Slash, but it was too late for the velociraptor monsters that turned to face her. One of them was struck and burst into flames, being sent across the room⁠— and the other was made to stumble back with an angry screech. 

But Amber didn’t let it rest, no⁠— instead she rushed using all of her new skills in tandem, from the newly improved Cursed Supreme Momentum, to the newly improved Crimson Fuel and Crimson Fervor, as well as God’s Physique. 

She immediately arrived before the monster and swung with her sword at extraordinary speeds. The monster clawed back only for its limb to fly off, and she smirked. 

Once more, she had grown⁠—

Amber headbutted the monster, sending it reeling back and then⁠—

Fulmination Slash. 

It was cut across the chest before being blasted by an explosion of flames. The hit sent it reeling back in critical condition, and with a dismissive Cursed Cleave, she finished off the first Darkness Velstalker. 

The second one rushed at her, bloodied and angry, shadows gathered around it and Amber in return used the 3rd Rank of Quick Dash, appearing in front of the monster. And gathering all of her Essence in her arm, she⁠—

Punched. 

The ribcage of the monster shattered as it was sent flying away, hitting the wall in a bloodied mess before dying. 

 

[You have defeated a [Darkness Velstalker. Lvl. 154].] 

[You have defeated a [Darkness Velstalker. Lvl. 152].] 

 

⁠— once more she had grown stronger. 

 

[You have reached level 148. 5 stat points awarded.]

+5 Vitality +5 Strength +5 Dexterity.] 

And soon, she would grow even stronger.

20