Chapter 23. Invitation
7.5k 12 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You have to be careful," I said as I rubbed Andrew's face slowly. He nodded with a blushing face.

Now we are on one side of the arena. The centaur was waiting for us in the middle of the arena, folding his arms in front of him and raising his chin with an arrogant face. His muscular muscles are splintered with sweat, as if with oil. Centaurs are known to be arrogant and have great fighting strength.

Andrew stepped into the arena, his eyes fixed on the centaur.

-TANG!

A loud bell rang, indicating the match had begun. The centaur takes his attack stance, his hind legs repeatedly swiping to the ground while Andrew lowered his hands to touch the ground and folded one of his legs in a crouch position with his front knee over, just like a starting position for a runner. The centaur charged at him, his fist raised ready to smash Andrew's body which is smaller than him.

But suddenly the centaur fell, he turned his eyes to his feet and realized all of his legs were bound with tentacles coming out of the ground. He struggled violently trying to escape from the tentacles, but Andrew instead tightened it even more. Andrew stood up and raised his hand, the ground before him cracked as his tentacles lifted up, showing the true form of the tentacles was actually his finger. Everyone was surprised, including the man who sat on the VIP chair. Since no hybrid-beast that has tentacles like him. If he is a type of sea monster like Kraken, he should not have the consciousness of a human being, after all, Kraken cannot live on the land like him.

The centaur bent his body, his hand grabbing one of his tentacles. But before he could pull it, the other tentacles tied his hands. The centaur struggled violently in vain, Andrew's tentacles lifted the centaur's body high. In one throw, he sent the centaur crashing into the ceiling.

-Brraakkk!

A large crack was visible on the ceiling, but it didn't stop there. The tentacles pulled the centaur and threw it back on the ground.

-Brraakkk!

A large crack was also seen on the ground where the centaur landed, accompanied by clouds of dust. Andrew looked at the centaur who had passed out before him. Cheers accompanied by the applause of the audience filled the room. Andrew's hand returned to normal then he walked over at me while smiling innocently.
"Lilieth, I won!"

I responded by hugging him with a happy smile.
"Congratulations Andrew." I released my arms and examined him.
"Are you alright?"

He nodded.
"I'm Lilieth's knight. I won't be get hurt over something as small as that."

"Good Boy," I praised him.

He smiled shyly at my compliment.

A moment later several muscular men approached us. Andrew immediately pulled me back and took a stance preparing to attack. They bowed politely.
"Excuse me, lady. Sir Diorix wants to see you. I hope you can accept his invitation."

"Sir Diorix?" I asked in confusion.

They point who they mean by their eyes. I turned my gaze in the direction they were pointing at. The man sitting in the VIP chair nodded slightly and smiled when he saw me, but I noticed the sharp gaze of the cat hybrid-beast beside him. I turned my gaze to the muscular men in front of me.
"I'll accept his invitation."

One of the men showed me the way and I followed him. Andrew had just taken a step to follow me, but he was blocked by the others.
"I'm sorry. Sir Diorix only invited your lady."

Andrew looked at them angrily.
"How dare you!" he shouted as his hands began to turn into tentacles.

I grabbed Andrew's hand swiftly and his hand returned to normal.
"Andrew, I'm fine," I said to calm him.

"But..."
I hugged him and whispered.
"You have to be careful, they want to catch you."

Andrew paid attention to his surroundings after hearing my words and realized that some people were staring intensely at him.
"Especially with that cat girl, she is dangerous. I will see you soon after clearing everything up," I continued.

He glanced at the cat hybrid-beast that glared at him like a wild animal lurking at its prey.
"I understand. But you must take care of yourself," he whispered worriedly.

I released my arms and rubbed his face.
"Wait for me. I'll be right back."

He nodded in reply.

I turned around and returned to follow the man as an evil smirk spreading across my lips.

"I think I'm going to have a feast tonight."

Don't forget to click ❤️. Thank you.

122