Chapter 37. Mysterious Woman
5.5k 4 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I kept watching over her while deep in thought.
"I will try to lure her. If she is dangerous it would be better to finish her off now before she becomes a threat."
"Sir Diorix, I'll take a short walk," I said as I stood up from my chair.
"I will order several guards to accompany you," said Diorix.
"There's no need, I'm only going out for a few minutes," I said politely rejecting his offer, then I turned my gaze to Andrew, who was ready to follow me. "Andrew, stay here."
"Are you sure it's okay?" said Andrew worriedly.
"Are you underestimating my power?" I said confidently.
He immediately shook his head.
I gave him a reassuring smile."It's fine. I'll be careful," I assured him. I turned and walked toward the exit.
As soon as I came out the room, my smile faded, my expression turned serious. My clothes changed from an elegant purple dress to a tight outfit that covered my body from my neck to my feet with a hood covered in my head as my feet stepped down the corridor. I don't want to involve them, bringing Andrew, Kitty or Diorix will only reveal my identity faster. I don't know who she is or what she is, moreover I don't know if she's dangerous or not.
I opened the door which was connected to the arena at the end of the corridor and walked quickly to the crowd. I followed Arcania's scent, splitting through the crowd before me, but suddenly I can smell another scent. A strong poison's scent that did not belong to Arcania. I stopped my steps and swept my gaze quickly to find the source. I was sure this poison is very deadly and if the poison is spread in a crowded place like this then everyone will die. 
I gasped when I saw a small leather pouch floating at the ceiling. No one noticed it since their attention was focused on the match in the middle of the arena.
"Telekinesis ?!"
Only high-level demons can use telekinesis, which proves that my suspicions about another succubus in this place are true. I reached my hand toward the pouch and used my telekinesis to pull it towards me. But just as the pouch moved slightly towards me, there was another force that pulled it back. I increased my power and pulled it harder towards me, my gaze sweeping around trying to find the owner. Faintly, I could see a hand poking out from the crowd of audiences on the other side of the room. I tried to see more clearly but the crowd was too tight. My other hand formed a long needle and I threw it at her, she pulled her hand away, avoiding my attack. When her concentration broke, I quickly pulled the pouch and grabbed it. I turned my gaze towards her and did not find her. I swept my gaze around me once again looking for her but in vain. I clicked my tongue in annoyance.
"I lost track of her."
I stored the poison pouch between my twin peaks, returned my concentration to Arcania and went back to follow her scent. Arcania's scent led me out of the underground society to the mansion's courtyard which was full of dry leaves. Feeling we were about to leave the underground society, I intended to call Arcania to return, but strangely I still had not found them at all. The yard's condition which was only illuminated by a faded moonlight makes it difficult for me to see the situation around me. I can only depend on my nose and my ears. I continued to walk slowly among the trees until I finally found Arcania lying in the middle of the yard. I immediately hid, pulled out my claws and smelled Arcania's scent from a distance, making sure she was still alive.
"It seems like she just fainted." 
I peeked from my hiding place, I could not approach her carelessly, it could be just a trap.
"Is that woman the same person who used telekinesis in the arena? If it's true, why didn't Arcania report to me?"

Thank you for reading my story. Don't forget to check my patreon page if you can't wait for another chapter. Don't forget to click ❤️ if you like this chapter.


Note: I know some of you are confused. Wait! wait! This has passed several chapters where is the smut scene? 

I hope you can understand, because according to the rules I can't write a smut scene for at least next few chapters since I wrote too much at the beginning. I have to balance it now and use this opportunity to move with the plot. I will try to speed up the release so you can enjoy the 'usual' DLS story (just hope I didn't sprained my hands). 

Thank you and stay healthy everyone ~❤️


87