Chapter 41. Escape
4.7k 11 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We ran down the narrow corridor. While the floor and walls behind us froze rapidly, turning every creature standing on it into an ice sculpture. With obvious danger before our eyes, without having to explain anything, Diorix immediately took the initiative to show us another way out.
"Quickly!" he said as he turned and broke into a room.
He quickly approached a large bookshelf, took a stack of books that lined on it and threw it away. A lever was seen and he pulled it.
-Krrekk --- Krrekk ---- Kreekk...
The large bookshelf slowly shifted and show a secret exit behind it. But it's too slow! I glanced behind us, I could calculate once the shelves were open we had become ice sculptures.
"Move!" I ordered.
Without waiting for any answer, I swung my claws several times toward the shelf that moved slowly like a snail.
-Brraakkk!
In an instant, the shelf was smashed to pieces. The sheets of paper were scattered around the room.
"Go!" I shouted as I glanced back. Andrew who was standing at the back only one step away from turning into an ice sculpture.
Diorix entered first as a guide and we followed him. Our feet moved quickly along the pathway that was narrower than the previous corridor. The smell of musty pierced my nose with the damp air. We must continue to move quickly and step carefully since the path is very rocky and the situation around us is very dark. Whereas the only light we have is an orb light that hovers near Diorix.
"What exactly happened ?!" screamed Kitty in confusion.
"I'll explain later!" I answered blindly while my feet continued to move following Diorix. Actually, I only know that the kingdom wants to destroy this place and that succubus has something to do with the kingdom of Aeros. The rest is still a mystery for me. Who is the succubus' master? Why does the Kingdom of Aeros which always intensively eradicate demons can work together with the demon itself? Without another clue, I can only swallow my curiosity.
-Brraakkk!
Diorix kicked the old wooden door that looked like it hadn't been used for years in front of him and we barged out to the yard. The sound of the door breaking alarming the coachmen who were waiting around the mansion's courtyard.
"My Queen?" a male voice called me out. Only two men called me like that, Diorix and Vance.
I turned my gaze to the origin of the voice and saw Vance standing in front of the carriage not far from us.
"Come on!" I said as I ran toward him, which followed by the others. 
We entered the carriage and I gave the order.
"Leave this place! Now! " I commanded.
Vance nodded and sat beside the coachman. The coachman whipped our horse and our carriage began to move forward. We sat in the carriage as we tried to catch our breath. But before I can regain my breath, the sound of horses neighing accompanied by the screams of fear and the sound of clattering steps could be heard. I turned and looked through the window behind me. The ground and trees around where we had out were frozen, the coachmen began to move their carriage to get away from there. Some of those who were late could only screams as their bodies, horses and carriages had turned into ice sculptures.
"Faster!" I commanded once again.
The driver whipped our horse and our carriage moved faster.
"The gate!" screamed Arcania.
I shifted my gaze to the front and noticed that the mansion's gate which was a hundred meters from us was still closed. If we had to go down and open it normally then we definitely turn into ice sculptures.
"I'll handle it!" Andrew said as he jumped out of the window and swung his body upward to the roof.
He stood on the roof, his hands turning into tentacles. The tentacles moved quickly toward the gate and wrapped it.
"Arrrrggg !!!" he groaned as he exerted his strength to pull the gate.
-Klaaanggg!
The iron gate was detached from the ground and Andrew threw it. Our carriage continued to move through the gate and the forest. Leaving the screams of fear and the sound of neighing horses that keep getting louder behind us.

*

*

*


The dawn had arrived, the sun was shyly showing itself on the eastern horizon. The horrific old mansion above underground society has turned completely in white, as did the courtyard and trees. Hundreds of ice sculptures stand silently in the yard.
-Brraakkk!
The frozen white cabin was smashed to pieces. A silver-haired man stepped out of there and swept his gaze around him. An evil smirk developed on his lips as he was satisfied with the white view around him. He extended his hand, slowly the silver light from his hand formed a snow owl that immediately flew carrying a message.
'Your Majesty, the underground society has been destroyed'.
63