Chapter 51. Black Market Auction
4.2k 1 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I turned my hair into a dress and came out of the room. I walked down the corridor, down the stairs while covering half of my face with a feathers fan I found in the room earlier to avoid men's attention.
Even though it's still daytime but, the lobby is quite crowded. Some tables were filled with guests who were drunk with the women on their side. The sound of their laughter filled the room. Their hands crept into the women's dresses followed by small moans. I passed them ignorantly, but my ears accidentally took the conversation between them. I stopped when I heard one of their conversation that was interesting to me.
"Black market auctions in Nighthallow City?" said the woman who sits in the lap of the half-drunk man.
"Yes. And the main item for tomorrow's auction is Tome of Darkness."
"Tome of darkness? What is that?"
"You have never heard of it? It's a legendary book that contains an unresolved mysterious power, but no one can read it. According to rumors, the book originates from the dark dimension. The book had disappeared ten years ago and has only been found now. That's why it seems like many collectors are after it as collections. "
"It's strange to collect something as useless as that," she said sarcastically.
The half-drunk man pulled her chin.
"They are strange, but I am not. If I have a lot of money I will collect beautiful women like you dear," he teased. Then they both laughed together.
"Tsk! Cheap sweet talk," I thought. I lost myself in thought after hearing that rumour. "Tome of Darkness ... Maybe I can find a way to release Lord Damon from there." I just stepped away when my ears catch their conversation again.
"They will also auction a Dark Elf ?!" said the woman in shock.
I stopped my steps as my attention returned to them. Dark elves are a mysterious race that closes themselves, rarely communicating with other races, even nobody knows where their settlements' position. They are a special tribe that has high magic power and there is still relations with the elves. But since the civil war ten years ago, the relationship between the elves and the dark elves wasn't good like they used to be. 
The man placed his index finger on his lips in panic. "Shhh..." He looked around to check whoever heard their conversation and I quickly pretended to face the other direction as if waiting for another customer.
He turned his eyes back to the woman.
"Don't talk too loud. Not everyone knows this," he said in a softer voice.
She nodded to answer him.
"They found this dark elf along with the tome of darkness. They had been interrogating her for days but she did not say a word, as if she was mute," the man continued.
"Interesting ..." I thought. I remained in my position as I continued to listen to their conversation, hoping to get more information. But their topic had changed.
"That auction is tomorrow night ... Then I have to prepare everything well immediately." But suddenly an incident last night crossed my head. "No ... I have to be careful, Nighthallow City is not far from here. It could be that the iceman will go there too. Then I have to move tonight before the auction starts."
A drunk man suddenly put his arm around me and tried to kiss me, the reeks of alcohol coming out from his mouth.
"Accompany me, dear ... ~" he said while clinging spoiled at me.
I pushed his face slowly with my fan while smiling.
"Sir ~ you are so naughty," I said flirty.
"Come on, baby ~," he said again, leaning over and hugging my waist.
"Tsk! He's really annoying," I thought.
"How about we finish it quickly, sir?" I said as I pulled his hand, led him into an empty room nearby.
A stupid smile developed on his lips while his feet moved followed me. As we entered and the door closed I hit the back of his neck. He instantly passed out and fell to the floor.
"Sorry, sir. I don't have time to serve fools like you."
57