Chapter 59. Lilieth’s Contract
3.8k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 59. Lilieth's Contract 
Lilieth's PoV
I swung my claw at the last undead in front of me, blew it into pieces. The floor along the corridor where I walked was filled with blood from the undead. Right now I have removed my wings to make it easier for me to move. I have been searching for the necromancer for half an hour but I haven't found him yet. He covered his traces well, as well as his scent. Confusion seized me, the necromancer is under my charm, he should be looking for me. But he can hide well until now. I can only guess that there is another woman here and he takes it out on her. Besides that, I also haven't heard anything from Andrew and Kitty. I can only hope that they are luckier than me to find the book.
But just as that thought crossed my mind, I could feel a great magic power, strangely I could feel it's not only from the necromancer but there was also another great power together with him.
My feet walked quickly through the corridor to the upper floor. My mind began to guess who the owner is. But just after I walked for a minute, I could feel another magic power and this time I recognized it. This power belongs to the silver-haired man we met at the Underground Society.
'Tsk! I didn't expect him to make his move this fast. '
I accelerated my steps past the undead in front of me with lightning speed without killing them. My time is narrow if the man takes it before us then our efforts will be in vain.
Before long, I could feel the floor where I stood shaking violently accompanied by a large explosion sound from the top floor. I stopped and adjusted my footing for a while then resumed running. Within a second I immediately realized that the necromancer had been defeated, I could no longer feel his power while all the undead around me collapsed.
When I arrived at the room, the situation was already chaotic. Andrew's tentacles tried to attack the silver-haired man insistently while the man avoided as he swung his sword at Andrew. On the other hand, Kitty swung her claws and her attack was brushed off by the black-haired woman with her chakram, while the book floated in their midst. I also realized that the necromancer lay in a corner of the room while a dark elf hugged him. Seeing them I immediately guessed that the necromancer had a deep relationship with the dark elf and it didn't seem like they were my enemy.
I rushed towards them, in a situation like this it seemed I could not avoid this fight. Although I know the best option for me is to take the book and run away while they are busy, I do not want to sacrifice Andrew and Kitty for my sake. As someone who was betrayed by the person I loved the most, I knew what the pain was like and I didn't want to do it to my own friend.
I swung my claws with all my might at the black-haired woman and was immediately resisted by her chakram. As soon as she restrains my attack, the floor under her feet is cracked due to the impact.
She noticed it. As I swung my other claws at her that was held by her other chakram, the crack under her feet grew deeper.
"Leave her to me!" I shouted without turning my eyes to Kitty.
After Kitty heard my words, she turned and helped Andrew.
I pushed my claw while she tried to push me back with all her might. My nails almost touched her face but suddenly her chakram turned into a big flame that almost burned me. I jumped backwards to avoid it while she also backed away to make a distance. Drops of red blood flowed from a scratch on her cheek.
Meanwhile, Andrew and Kitty also managed to make the man retreat to the woman's side. Somehow I felt that his power was weaker than yesterday. But considering the magic power I felt earlier and the rest of the battle's remnant in this room, I can estimate all of that because the necromancer had drained his power so we could defeat him easily. And of course, we will not waste this opportunity.
"Flare, we will carry out His Majesty order here," said the man.
"Fine," replied Flare. Their eyes looked at us sharply.
'His Majesty? Does this have to do with the King of Aeros? '
But I remember, even compared to Reyn, his father's strength was far weaker.
'Or is there another king?'
They both dashed together, so did we.
I jabbed my claws at her. Strangely she did not dodge but she let my claw pierce her body. She held me with one of her hands as she cast the 'Stun Spell' at me. While the same situation also happened to Kitty and Andrew. Blood came out of her mouth as a devious smile formed on her lips, I realized this was all just a trap.
As if on cue, they threw their other weapons at the book.
-BOOM!
Another big explosion occurred due to the impact of three forces, the room shook violently, a strong wind swept the room once more, blasting us all, filling the room with dust and smoke. But I managed to keep standing in the room while protecting my eyes with my hand. 
I swung my claws as I used my power to dispel the smoke that was blocking our vision as quickly as possible. As soon as the smoke cleared, the book had crumbled into pieces while both of them had disappeared. I also can't feel their magic power anymore.
"Dammit!" I shouted angrily. My guess missed, I thought they intended to steal the book not destroy it.
Seeing me angry, Andrew bowed.
"I'm sorry. I failed," his regret was absorbed in his tone.
I took a deep breath trying to calm my anger.
"This is not your fault. I also didn't think it would be like this." Andrew remained silent not answering me, aware that Andrew's gloomy expression had not changed. I spoke again.
"Cheer up. At least we almost managed to kill them. They won't be able to move for a while. We can prepare ourselves better for the next battle," I comforted.
"You're right ..." he replied as a smile formed on his lips.
Seeing him more energetic, I turned around and intended to return but my attention backed to the necromancer and the dark elf. I approached them and tried to examine him, but she grabbed my hand, breaking my movements.
"What do you want?" the dark elf said curtly. Her eyes glared at me.
"Don't worry, we're not your enemies," I said.
From the look in her eyes, I knew she didn't believe me.
"If I really want to kill him, I don't need to approach him this close."
After hearing my reasons, she let go of her grip slowly. I checked and realized that even though his breath was still there, he was dying.
"Can you save him?" said the dark elf with a hopeful gaze at me.
"I can," I replied. Her eyes immediately glowed after hearing that but I continued.
"But at that time he will be no longer himself. He would only be an empty doll who obeyed my orders."
Her eyes dim again, confusion clearly visible on her face. But I can understand her expression as I smell the necromancer scent from her body. She was the reason why the necromancer wasn't looking for me because he had spend everything on her.
"Then can you share your power with me?" she asked.
"Share my power?"
"Yes, I'm a healer but my magic power is exhausted. As long as there is a power that fills me, I can save him."
I was quite surprised to hear her words. Dark elves have great magic power and because of that, they prefer to become mage since healer can hardly fight. Seeing her rare power I couldn't possibly waste this opportunity.
"A contract with me will make you my servant. Do you agree?"
"I agree. As long as you don't hurt him and he saved," she answered without hesitation.
"Fine. But to make a contract with me, we must do the ritual first."
"Ritual?" she asked in confusion.
I opened my hood.
"I'm a succubus. I think you understand what I mean by the ritual."
She paused for a moment when she understood what she had to do, her hands clenched in determination.
"Fine. Where are we going to do it?"


53