Chapter 24 – An Arena
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Isn't that…" Daren wondered aloud, his eyes fixated on the radiant spectacle in front of him, resembling an arena. The brightness surpassed that of the flashlight he held in his hand.

The well-lit arena possessed a captivating allure, drawing lost souls into its mesmerizing glow. Unconsciously, Daren's feet gravitated towards the illuminated space, disregarding the flashlight's presence.

As he approached the arena, Daren's steps faltered for a moment, sensing an inexplicable strangeness that he couldn't quite comprehend. Gradually, his mind regained clarity, his gaze fixated on the bustling activities unfolding within the arena.

The spectators filled the arena, exuding an energetic ambiance, eagerly cheering on the participants who were striving to earn points for victory. Many players showcased their skills, determined not to falter or resort to cheating.

Regrettably, Chinatsu and Ravina were absent by Daren's side to witness the magical display. His intention to share this spectacle with the two girls remained unfulfilled.

Having pre-purchased his ticket, Daren found himself the sole individual waiting in line, as the stadium didn't draw much interest from the general public. However, just as he was about to collect his ticket, a stranger approached him without any apparent reason.

The young woman's attire revealed more than it concealed, alluring certain men with its provocative nature. She possessed brown fox ears and a thick, lengthy tail, standing at the same height as Daren, with captivating emerald green eyes. Her straight, shoulder-length light brown hair mirrored that of an ordinary girl.

"Are you alone?" Daren turned his head, momentarily abandoning the ticket, captivated by the girl's presence.

Daren greeted the girl with a warm smile, aiming to convey his genuine hospitality and avoid causing any offense, considering recent encounters with people.

"I am alone here. I was looking for my two friends, but they are not here, and I ended up here instead," Daren replied honestly.

"May I accompany you? It doesn't seem safe for you to be here alone," the girl approached Daren, displaying concern for his well-being within the arena.

Unable to refuse the girl's request, Daren acknowledged her distinctiveness compared to other girls, yet he remained grounded and composed.

"Alright. Have you already purchased your ticket?" Daren inquired, his gaze shifting to her left hand, where she tightly clutched the ticket.

The girl nodded, presenting the ticket, unwilling to let it go.

Daren discreetly observed her condition through the in-game system, assessing her state before continuing the conversation. After a brief moment, he closed the system, reestablishing eye contact with the girl.

"Oh, by the way, do you have friends or a team? It appears you are alone," Daren inquired, noticing a subtle change in the girl's eyes, sensing her response might deviate from the question. No falsehood could escape Daren's discerning gaze.

"I don't have a team yet. Moreover, my level is quite low," the girl confessed, her eyes betraying a hint of vulnerability.

Daren nodded understandingly, extending an invitation for the girl to enter the arena first. He swiftly retrieved his own ticket and approached the entrance, beckoning her to follow.

"Come on! Let's go inside. We can continue our conversation there," Daren suggested, receiving an affirming nod from the girl. Together, they ventured towards the grand hall of the arena.

Daren and Agustina engaged in conversation, gradually growing familiar with each other's personalities. Daren discovered that Agustina's level was lower than his own.

"So, your name is Agustina? It's a really cool name," Daren complimented, genuinely impressed.

Beside Daren, Agustina, with her fox ears, ordered some popcorn to enjoy during the arena match.

"Indeed. My name was specifically chosen for that reason," Agustina replied with a hint of pride.

Lost in their animated discussion, Daren and Agustina failed to notice that they had unknowingly joined a group of seated spectators.

"Don't worry! I know how to help you level up faster than before," Daren assured Agustina, igniting her enthusiasm to acquire tips from him promptly.

Though her external expression remained composed, Agustina's internal excitement was palpable. "Eh?! Wait a minute! How is that even possible?!" she exclaimed.

Daren chuckled, maintaining his composure and politeness towards Agustina. He suppressed his laughter, allowing himself to regain control and breathe normally.

As they settled back into their seats, Agustina eagerly awaited Daren's comprehensive yet beginner-friendly advice.

"Seek deeper knowledge! Play as frequently as you can to conduct experiments and improve your chances of winning. If possible, challenge stronger opponents to sharpen your strategic thinking for future matches," Daren offered his suggestions.

"By the way, being at level 3 might hinder your progress towards the top," he added.

Agustina perked up her ears, sensing that she was receiving some valuable guidance. She absorbed every word attentively, leaving no room for Daren's advice to go unnoticed or disregarded.

However, before they could leave the arena and put Daren's ideas into practice, a few lingering issues needed resolution.

"Let's watch this game! Who knows, you might gain a better understanding," Daren proposed.

Agustina nodded eagerly, eager to witness the race firsthand. They focused on watching, analyzing the strategies employed, and expressing their opinions—a step towards fostering a stronger bond and potential alliance as a team in the future.

Meanwhile, an average-level player observed Daren from a distance, his gaze intense, as if yearning to acquire something the player desired most: victory.

He possessed limited knowledge about Daren, which had spread among novice players.

"It seems we should challenge him right away," the player murmured, fixated on Daren, preparing to take action.

0