Chapter 26 – Game Start
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking for a while, Daren and Agustina felt confident that they understood how to win the match. The stadium where they were staying was always crowded, even at night. They were allowed to stay at the stadium for a specific purpose, for a reasonable fee.

Daren just nodded in understanding, confirming that they understood the Number 16 Card game even though they had never played it at all. All they had was the knowledge that most players didn't have, the Alvarest Game Handbook.

Soon, their names were called to play a casual game requested by the three mediocre players. Unlike the best players, they just weren't good enough to play the game they were playing.

Daren and Agustina decided to enter the stadium hallway first before entering the stadium arena that had been provided.

The calculated game themes, tips and tricks that both Daren and Agustina understood would be practiced, but they did not know whether the results would be effective or not.

As they entered the arena, their names were displayed on a scoreboard, where the spectators could see the scores of the players.

The audience began to fill their seats, but not all seats were full because the teams competing were mediocre teams. It's a different story if there is a top or best team competing. It would have been very profitable for the stadium.

Team Grextia was led by Hans Hoverloo, with Zapata and Reins as members of the same team as Team Dachira, but they had an ulterior motive in wanting to compete with Daren.

They walked casually, but felt better prepared to take on any formidable obstacles. It was a good thing their opponents weren't well known to others. If Daren had faced Rakuen again, Daren would have lost badly for the second time.

"Wah! Wah! Whew! Look at them! They have the courage to accept our challenge." Hans who challenged Daren subtly grinned as usual.

Daren greeted them kindly, not knowing what Daren thought of the three of them. However, Agustina thought for a moment that they were outnumbered, and it was impossible to play Number 16 Cards with this unbalanced condition.

"We're only two people. I don't think we're enough to play." Agustina put on a serious expression, not wanting to play this unfair game.

Hans nodded in understanding. From the beginning he had thought of a good plan and didn't want to show his strength that was strong enough and could face an opponent that looked like a top team.

"No need. I'm not playing. I want to monitor your play and analyze it if necessary." Hans' body retreated and left it all to his members, Zapata and Reins.

Daren and Agustina decided on their opponents. After talking for a long time, Daren finally matched up with Reins who gave him a rough treatment, and Agustina faced Zapata.

"Daren. Let's fight honestly. I'll kick your ass if you cheat, okay?" Reins gave Daren a sharp look.

Daren just nodded slowly, making sure that he could play well. "Okay. I'll do my best and don't want to disappoint you." Daren responded as he prepared his strategy for the game.

To Reins, Daren was very irritating. He didn't seem angry or annoyed by Reins' behavior.

Revision

The fox-eared girl locked eyes with Zapata, remembering something about when Hans had asked Daren nicely but was refused because the members weren't there.

Agustina, the fox-eared girl, stared intently at Zapata. Her mind drifted back, remembering Hans' offer to invite Daren to join his team. However, Daren refused because there were no team members.

"Don't get excited yet! Because this game will end soon."

Agustina was silent, stiffly listening to Zapata's arrogance. She focused on the sound of the crowd cheering, signaling the start of the match.

Daren and Agustina received number cards 1-16 and math operations such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication. They were not allowed to show their red cards to their opponents so they wouldn't lose and they had to set their brains right so they could predict what was being played.

The rule of the game is to find the highest and lowest numbers within the range of numbers set by the referee. Anything more than that is a forfeit and points are awarded to the opponent.

Once a number is used in round one, it cannot be used in round two. And so on until the last round. That way, it can suppress players who play cards randomly. Only good players can do card management well.

The match started immediately and the NPC referee observed the players who were focused on holding their cards at a large table. Their voices were still audible as they could talk in the middle of the match if needed.

The number issued by the NPC referee was the lowest 50.

The host exclaimed and was intrigued as to what cards they would bring out to compete against each other.

"Let's see what these two teams come up with. Unfortunately, Team Dachira's members are missing. But, instead, it was replaced with a collaboration."

The audience cheered and supported, predicting who the winner would be. There were even some players who watched the match to analyze so they could correct their mistakes in playing the game.

Daren thought hard and stared at all the numbers in sequence, holding the cards and turning them off so that no one else could see them. It was an obligation to reduce the chances of losing.

"Looks like I'll be playing this and this. I hope it goes well."

Daren took 10, 5, and 2 and predicted what the next number would be. It was nothing at first and could get depressing as the round progressed.

Agustina nodded in understanding and knew how to play. She wanted to bring out her best and hoped that she could help Daren little by little.

Meanwhile, Reins, who could have good math skills, did not want to lose to Daren. He looked at Daren who had just played the math game. At least, Daren could figure out the flow of this game.

"Don't underestimate me, idiot, I already know you're going to lose, feel this!"

Reins pulled out 6, 9, and 3. Those were the best numbers for them.

The first round ended and their cards were removed and shown to the audience. The audience saw that the game had been tight from the start even though it wasn't the best team playing it.

[Daren: 5 x 10 + 2]

[Reins: 6 x 9 - 3]

[Agustina: 7 x 8 - 5]

[Zapata: 5 x 11 - 3]

"Woah! Apparently, Reins and Agustina's math operations won this tournament. The score is 1-1."

The host immediately gave the same score to the opponents this time. It seemed that they would proceed to the next round.

0