Chapter 27 – Fierce Match
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first round ended with the score tied, 1-1. Reins and Agustina won the first round, while Daren and Agustina had to fight harder in the second.

Agustina, who was participating in the tournament for the first time, looked tense. She knew that Reins and Zapata were strong players.

Daren, meanwhile, looked calmer. He was experienced in math tournaments and knew what to do to win the second round.

The number issued by the referee for the second round was 30. This number was higher than the number issued in the first round, so players had more choices of cards to play.

Daren thought hard about which card to play. He wanted to get as many points as possible in this second round.

Agustina, who saw Daren looking serious, turned to him.

"Come on, Daren! We can do it!"

Daren nodded. He knew that Agustina wanted to help him. He smiled and said,

"Take it easy, I'll do my best."

Hans, who was coaching Reins and Zapata, was not happy with the result of the first round. He wanted Reins and Zapata to dominate the game and win the first round easily.

Hans approached Reins and Zapata and said loudly,

"You have to finish them! I think you can beat them easily. Don't let them win!"

Hans' shouting startled Reins and Zapata. They immediately focused on winning the second round.

The second round began. Reins and Zapata immediately pulled out their cards.

Reins pulled out cards 6, 9, and 3.

Zapata pulled out the 5, 10, and 2.

Daren and Agustina also dealt their cards.

Daren dealt with 7, 8, and 4.

Agustina dealt 11, 12, and 13.

As a result, Daren and Agustina won the second round 25-22.

The final score was 2-1 in favor of Daren and Agustina.

The audience cheered and clapped. They were happy to see Daren and Agustina win the match.

Hans looked disappointed. He knew that Reins and Zapata had the potential to become champions, but they still couldn't perform optimally.

Reins and Zapata looked at each other. They knew they had to work even harder if they wanted to win this tournament.

"We have to do better in the next round," Reins said.

"Yeah, we can't lose again," said Zapata.

Daren and Agustina smiled. They knew they would face a bigger challenge in the next round.

"Come on, let's continue!" said Daren.

Agustina nodded. She was ready for the next challenge.

The second round started with the tension rising. Reins and Zapata did not want to lose again to Daren and Agustina, who had never played this game before.

Daren and Agustina didn't want to lose either. They knew that Reins and Zapata were strong players, and they had to work hard to win this round.

Daren and Agustina paused to discuss their strategy. They decided to focus on high numbers to get as many points as possible.

Zapata and Reins also discussed, but they didn't come up with a good strategy. They were still upset about losing the first round.

The referee called 40 for the second round. This was a very high number, and players had more choices of cards to play.

Daren and Agustina dealt cards 8, 4, and 3. The total was 15, which was lower than 40.

Reins dealt cards 5, 4, and 8. The total is 21, which is higher than 40.

Agustina draws cards 15, 16, and 2. The total is 33, which is higher than 40.

Zapata dealt cards 4, 7, and 2. The total is 13, which is lower than 40.

Zapata was disqualified for 30 points. This meant that Daren and Agustina won the second round.

The audience cheered and clapped. They were happy to see Daren and Agustina win the second round.

Hans Hoverloo, Reins and Zapata's coach, looked disappointed. He knew that Reins and Zapata were strong players, but they still could not perform optimally.

"You have to do better in the next round," Hans told Reins and Zapata.

Reins and Zapata nodded. They knew they had to work harder if they wanted to win this tournament.

Daren and Agustina smiled. They knew that they would face bigger challenges in the next round.

"Come on, let's continue!" said Daren.

Agustina nodded. She was ready for the next challenge.

0