Chapter 14- A strange new monster that seems friendly?
447 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
wow sorry everyone, its been a long time. I'm not dead nor am i dropping this novel but i may have to slow releases for a while to whenever i can rather than the weekly i was trying to keep up. sorry again and hope everyone is well.

Today again I'm amazed to learn that things rarely go as planned. I had put a lot of thought into how to meet the demons and how we would convince them to join us. I had planned every step out meticulously so that everything would go smoothly. And down the drain it goes. I also learned today that this planet’s interrogation techniques are rather primitive. More torture with some healing magic to keep them alive than real mind games and questioning. Even the torture is kinda basic with no thought put into how to break the target other than pain. Amateur though it may be I fear its only a matter of time before the host breaks. On the bright side they keep using healing magic on the host, so I get to learn it slowly as well as that it proves my current setup is undetectable to a lower level healing mage.

Rewinding the clock a bit, I had waited a few days for the smuggler to come back so I could accidentally persuade (mind control) him into giving me a introduction to the demons so they would trust me. Well that plan got shot to pieces when the smuggler got seized at the gate while his bodyguards scattered like baby spiders. A few of them got caught as well but most made it out. So now the smuggler and the incompetent bodyguard are being human punching bags in the dungeon of the lord’s manor. Strangely the other bodyguard that was caught is nowhere to be found. Perhaps a traitor? Well it wouldn’t matter much to me except they seem most interested in the number and fighting strength of the demons. Add to that the gates are announced to be strictly monitored for the next week. And even worse I feel that Chia and her friends are being watched from time to time. So, the long and short is I have little time to have them join voluntarily and no manpower able to do so at the moment.

So new plan! Which is…. Crap… I got nothing. Well the new plan is to wing it then! I loaded down a goblin with all the leather armor and weapons that seemed to match what I saw the demons using through the smuggler. Then I shapeshifted him to be around the size of a normal race and not be as ugly. Then engaged full bio-armor turning his skin fully black with a leather armor and sword to dress him up. I then sent the resulting creature that could potentially be called a new race to skirt the city and meet the demons before the lord’s army is ready to march. I added a wolf mount as an after thought but over all he ended up looking rather cool for a goblin. I hope they don’t just try to kill him on sight. That would put a royal wrench in this cockamamy ‘plan’. Again.

I'm glad I had the chance to get a few samples of various weapons and armor shipped out to the dungeon now that I can just copy more with some mana.

While I'm having him make the trip, I leave things to Chia and her group to make us seem to not be suspicious. I'm hoping Jeff can manage that at least. Controlling a goblin and controlling Jeff I'm truly amazed on how similar their thought processes are. Base needs and timid avoidance of both danger and work. Surely goblins aren’t the origin of the ‘human’ race of this planet, right? Maybe I just have too small of a sample group.

The lord’s army has left already. And rather than the roundabout route to get to the demon’s hideout, that the smuggler took, they are taking a direct route and are on horses. It seems my time is running very short. I hate slapdash actions like this. It leaves no room to calculate the most optimal processes to use. I may be better off subduing and controlling the demons from the onset.

 

My goblin rider finally arrived at the demons’ hideout, but I think I have less than a few hours before the army arrives and I doubt they want to trade or chat. I had the goblin hop off his wolf and approach the cave. From there I called in “Ty-ul come out! There is little time!” using the goblin. Here is hoping for ‘plan A’.

“What sort of creature are you? Some sort of hobgoblin wolf rider? But you can speak? And your skin is black like ours. And most importantly why do you know my name?” Ty-ul responded from inside the cave. Alongside a pair of archers that are aiming nice and pointy arrows at me. Not exactly a warm welcome but I’ll take it. Also, what is a hobgoblin? Some new monster that I hope to acquire eventually, I guess.

“Let’s just say a race that was hunted to near extinction much like your own is in the process of. But that’s not important! I come baring bad news; the nearby lord’s army is on its way here. While my people aren’t prepared to come out of hiding, we are willing to present help if your willing to ally with us.”

“What proof do you have that anything you say is true?” Really? Come on man! How would I even begin to prove that before your being overrun?

“Proof? At the moment I have none. But give me a few hours and I’ll be able to introduce you to the 50 armored and armed reasons you should have listened to me. But if that’s what it takes, I’ll be long gone by then. I'm here to offer aid before you are wiped out. If you aren’t interested, then I will be on my way. It’s not like they would believe you if you tried to tell them about us.”

“hold on a second. Just let us discuss this for a minute.” Then the demons kinda started whispering to each other. “can we really trust this weird monster?” ”is it really a monster? I've never heard of a monster that can talk.” “he looks kinda dashing don’t you think?”

A-hh I can hear you. And what's up with that last comment. This is a goblin you know? Yeah, I greatly improved its looks and made it taller, but the base didn’t change. Well whatever any good will is helpful, I guess. I just hope they make a choice soon. It's not like they have much time to debate.

10