Chapter 14.5- SS- The train has left the station
158 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I learned today that I truly don’t understand the races of this world. I don’t understand. I don’t understand! How can a simple feeling of comradeship evolve to something like this? How can it explode like this? Is this my fault? I've only been in this town a few days. I have only intentionally spread to 28 people out of easily 30,000 people. That should be insignificant. Yet some how things have blown so far out of control that there are over 300 people who want to join us.

Worse yet if I understand correctly some particularly eager individuals have taken it upon themselves to spread the good news to other cities. Yes, the thing I am talking about is a religion. I've apparently gotten lucky with Chia, Jeff, and Tanya. It turns out that when there are 20 something people of the underworld, with all sorts of stations, that suddenly feel a connection to one another like a brotherhood they get a bit excited. It turns out the darker the situation of a person the more they value those who they feel they can truly trust. Add to that they have a sudden fanatical loyalty to something they don’t understand at the same time. Suddenly they believe they are some of the chosen ones that need to spread the brotherhood.

I thought if I ignored them, they would settle down on their own. Instead they have grown bolder in their attempts at making more connections like the one they share. My only solace is that there are apparently many religions in this world so a new one springing up with the baseline being a connection with each other rather than a powerful being isn’t likely to gather too much attention. But I wanted that loyalty to help hide me not make it near impossible to slow the advance. The only thing I can think of is giving them some made up ceremony that only converts a few at a time to slow them down while preventing them from doing something stupid like sacrifices or something.

And I definitely don’t need something crazy like a religious war! How the heck do I explain this to Chia? Worse yet I guess some of them have heard me mumble about Chia while installing loyalty so now “Chia” is their holy mother of sorts. I'm so glad I don’t call her by her full name. What the heck do I do? Their rate of expansion far exceeds anything I could have predicted. And changing anything means acknowledging them and speaking directly to them or sending a representative. And somehow I doubt Chia is going to be happy to find out she is worshiped by the local cartels. All this from a few tainted coins. I am not even sure if they would stop if I asked. I guess I’ll have all the child-Selves that are born from them be on high alert for any signs of detection and be ready to immediately purge all my Selves from them at a moment’s notice.

5