Chapter 12 – A Simple Connection
71 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Evelyn started to sketch the lovely young woman across from her, quickly capturing the changes she saw in her demeanor, as well as her eyes.

Yesterday, there was sadness, a hopelessness, and completely confusion. This morning, her eyes were more clear, a bit wider open as she observed things, and was aware of her surroundings.

Evelyn didn't start to fantasize about getting Roberta downstairs, or turning her into a sculpture. She was a lovely young woman, but there was no real connection yet. There was a slight tug from time to time, but nothing like she had with Eva.

Eva came in like a beaten kitten, with bruises, and nearly starved. Her eyes were beautiful, and the excitement of her being her first, that made the connection between them even more intense.

Roberta didn't have that sense of betrayal, even though she was just betrayed. She did have a bit of sadness, but nothing intense. Evelyn would need to spend a lot of time finding the threads that bound them together before she put Roberta on a pedestal as a sculpture within her heart.

While she ate quietly, Roberta noticed how Evelyn did not stare at her, but looked at her often. It was not casual observation, but actual intense scrutiny of details. Her eyes would focus on her chin, her hair, her fingers, and linger a bit longer on her lips and eyes.

She put the sketchbook down so Roberta could see the sketch, if she wanted to, and picked up her cup. Roberta did look, and felt a sense of awe and admiration well up within her. Evelyn may not feel something yet, but Roberta did.

Evelyn finished her tea, stood up, and reached into a pocket of her pants. She put five folded ten dollar bills on the table. Roberta frowned and looked up at her.

"You need clothes. Only Eva's bottoms will fit you, and you should have your own. You can go to the store just down the street, but you would barely get two pieces, or you can go to the thrift store one street over." Evelyn said with that gentle smile.

"But I haven't done anything to earn this yet." Roberta protested. Evelyn lifted her hand and made a small gesture to show she thought the opposite.

"You've been here nearly a day, and I've made plenty of sketches. You haven't complained, and you've talked to me like I've requested. It may be a bit early, as I haven't sold any of your sketches, but I will." Evelyn turned away. "I have faith in my eyes, Roberta. On those sketches I did this morning, I'll make a few hundred dollars alone." She picked up the empty plate, and turned towards the kitchen.

"Maybe you can show me what you've bought when you return." She turned to look over her shoulder. "Let me see how each one looks on you." Roberta lost strength in her limbs after Evelyn left the room. She slumped in the chair, her head rolled back, and she rolled her eyes in an 'overacting' manner.

"Damn. That look over the shoulder!" She moaned and squirmed a bit. "Doesn't she know how sexy that is?" Roberta bit her bottom lip.

She didn't understand how, or when it happened, but her tastes in companions have shifted. Where she once only considered males to be an option, the soft gentle eyes of an older woman now wouldn't leave her mind.

"How did that happen?" Roberta asked herself quietly. She looked at the money, and slid it into her shorts. She considered the possibilities, and made a decision to visit that thrift shop. To let Evelyn see her in each one, that would mean changing, and possibly letting her see herself naked.

"I wonder how many I can get." She shivered a little, and started to smile. She wanted to see Evelyn sketch her, and see her eyes as she did. She wanted to see if she could make that smile wider, or if she could give her a pleasant surprise.

If she took off her top in front of her, would she be upset? Would her jaw drop? Or would she have that soft smile on her lips, while her eyes lit up with warmth?

Roberta shivered and squirmed again. She knew the reaction she wanted. Roberta wanted to see Evelyn's eyes light up with warmth.

 

* * *

 

Evelyn watched the young woman come into her gallery, look around, walked over to Eva, and looked at her intently. She went back into the main room, chose a sketch of Eva, and come to the counter.

"I'd like this one, please." She said quietly. This was the young woman who would occasionally watch her gallery from a distance, and also intently look at Eva's sculpture.

"Of course." Evelyn put it in an envelope, accepted the twenty for the sketch, and watched her leave. She looked almost curled up within herself, unwilling to lift her eyes. She looked unsure and as nervous as a cat around a dog. She wore loose jeans, a light colored plaid shirt that was fully buttoned, and no jewelry. Her sneakers were plain, but comfortable. Her hair had medium natural curls that flowed down her neck and shoulders, with no bangs, and natural dirty blonde in color. She wore no makeup.

Evelyn smiled.

"Such a nervous cat keeps coming in." She said softly, and felt a soft yearning within herself. She could almost imagine her in the same alcove with Eva.

She sighed, and shook herself of the desire. She was not a hunter. She wanted to preserve the beauty that she loved, not hunt for young girls to kill.

Evelyn turned to start a kettle, and frowned slightly. She turned back, leaned over the counter that separated the main room and the kitchen, and looked out through the door. The young woman was intently looking at the sketch, and seemed a bit sad, but also happy. She looked like she found a long lost friend.

"Evelyn." A soft familiar voice caught her attention. She turned and saw Jill standing in her main room. Evelyn straightened up, leaned back, and lifted her eyebrows. Jill shrugged. "I heard you had a new model, so I came to take a look."

"I'm not unhappy that you've shown up, but it's not within your schedule. It is a pleasant surprise to see you." Evelyn said, and made a gesture to the chairs.

"I haven't put any on display yet. I'll get you a few to look at while I make some tea."

 

* * *

 

"I think I come for the tea just as much as the sketches." Jill said after a small sip. She sighed, closed her eyes, and inhaled the fragrance. "Freshly brewed tea just tastes better than a quick mug at a shop." Evelyn smiled gently, and sipped her own.

Evelyn tilted her head, put down her cup, and picked up her sketchbook. Jill continued to enjoy her tea, but was soon surprised when Evelyn showed her a new sketch.

"Oh my." She whispered. "How can you make me look so pretty?" Evelyn smiled gently. She had drawn the delicate appearance of the woman beside her, while subtly highlighting her womanly assets. Jill had a robust frame, ample assets, with lovely deep brown eyes, long wavy black hair, and plump full lips.

"It's what I see, Jill." She took the sketch out of the book, and slid it into an envelope. Jill was surprised when she put it on her other side. "The first one is always special, Jill." She said with sparkling eyes.

"Hm. I guess that makes sense. You won't sell the sketches of Eva that are hung up, and on display. Just the ones you haven't." Jill took another sip, and looked at Evelyn out of the corner of her eye.

"You want to see Roberta's?" She asked quietly. Jill nodded, thankful for the reprieve. She actually hadn't. She wanted to ask Evelyn something.

Jill could feel a tug within herself every time she came into this gallery. When she looked at the sketches, and now Eva's sculpture, she couldn't help but want to be a part of it.

Evelyn lifted an eyebrow, pulled out an envelope from her pile, and pulled five sketches out. Jill became more focused.

"This was from last night, when she had no proper clothes to change into. This was this morning, as she went into the shower." Evelyn let her see Roberta in a way she had not seen her yet. An open shirt, no nudity. Completely nude, but only from behind. Sitting, and vulnerable when she first came in. Sad eyes. The last one caught Jill's attention fully.

"She's excited here." Jill said, and felt herself grow warm.

"I gave her an allowance to go buy some clothes. She might even model them for me." Evelyn said with a soft gentle smile. There was a bit of fondness in her tone.

Jill could see something, and she knew that someone like Evelyn could see it too.

This was the excitement of young love.

 

1