Chapter 13 – No Fair
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Jill leaned back in the chair, and turned only to see Evelyn sketching again. She saw the lines appear, the smudges that looked random, the light shaded areas, but soon became something not so random.

"What do you see, Evelyn?" Jill asked softly. "Why do you sketch me twice as though compelled?" Evelyn smiled gently.

"I see what is, and what could be." She said in her smooth silky voice. Her voice was so soothing, Jill smiled, closed her eyes, and sighed a bit.

"What could be. What can your eyes see about the future?" She asked. Evelyn lifted an eyebrow.

"Not the future." She pulled the sketch out, and started another. "The possibilities of the people currently around me." Jill reluctantly opened her eyes. "Do not move, Jill. I need to get this down." Jill closed her eyes again.

"Okay." She said. Her voice was not sleepy, but soft and seductive. She stayed that way for about five minutes before she thought about opening her eyes. Once she did, she realized that Evelyn had stopped, and now quietly observed her.

"Did you want to see it?" Evelyn asked. Jill thought for a moment.

"Will I dislike it?" She asked quietly.

"You may. You may believe I took some liberties." Evelyn waited. She soon received a nod. She lifted the sketchbook and heard a soft gasp. Jill sat up, her eyes now wide open.

Her shirt was open, pulled out of the top of her pants, fluttering in the wind, but it stayed closed because her large breasts caught the edges. The fly, or the placket, had wrapped around each breast, parted more at the bottom than the top, which revealed some soft flesh. Her head was laid back, eyes closed, a soft pout on her lips, as her hair was taken by a soft breeze.

It was in good taste, no nudity, and no liberties taken. What caught her off guard was how lovely Evelyn made her appear, and feel.

"No fair. You only take one model at a time." She whispered. Evelyn smiled gently.

"Yes. Just one. And though I have had more than a few, I am still sleeping alone. That is the life of an artist, Jill." She leaned back, took the sketch out of her book, and put it in an envelope.

"I'll draw one more. Something for you to take home with you."

 

* * *

 

Evelyn waited nearly two hours before Roberta returned, and felt it a little strange. She only gave her fifty dollars. She needed shirts the most, but there shouldn't be so many things to choose from in that small shop.

"Roberta?" Evelyn started, but could see the anger radiate off the girl. She wasn't sad, she was steaming mad. Evelyn could see the bag in her hand, and it looked like it had a few shirts in it, from the size, and how it pulled at the handles, so that wasn't the reason.

"Hm?" Roberta turned, and deflated. "Sorry. I was just upset about something." Evelyn walked out from the counter, put her fingers on Roberta's chin, and turned her head a little.

"Who?" She asked, and released her gentle touch. Roberta sighed, and looked down sadly.

"Mike. I didn't know he worked in that store." She sniffed a little. "I browsed, chose some nice tops, and went to the cash. When it was paid for, he spun me around and accused me of stalking him. He slapped me when I snorted and rolled my eyes." Evelyn grinned.

"He believed he was the catch of the day?" Evelyn asked. Roberta nodded. "I would have snorted too. He exchanged a prize catch for minnow." Roberta covered her mouth as she snorted and laughed at the same time. Evelyn smiled gently.

"There. That's the face you should have." Evelyn said softly. "Come. You're probably hungry. I'll make some lunch for us, and you can show off what you bought. You should throw them in the washer first though." Roberta lifted her eyes, and smiled shyly.

"Thank you." She said softly. Evelyn tilted her head.

"For what? Speaking the truth? My dear Roberta, you have led a sheltered life." She said with a soft chuckle. "When I start to display your sketches, I will make a small fortune on your good looks." She turned away, and headed to the kitchen.

"Jill, a regular customer, is already quite eager for your next sketch."

 

* * *

 

"Mica." Evelyn said as she held the phone to her ear.

"Boss!" He immediately said as soon as she heard her enigmatic boss's voice. Mica was the manager for her shop, and if she wanted, the young woman would eagerly warm her bed.

"Tell me about Mike. The one who slapped a young woman today." Evelyn said in a soft tone. Mica swallowed suddenly.

"Um, well, Mike is...difficult." She hesitated for a second. "He thinks he is God's Gift to women, has no real ambition, and little ability. The only thing going for him is his face." She said. "It wouldn't be the first time he's caused the shop some problems."

"I see. Which hand did he use?" Evelyn asked.

"Um, let me think. He faced her, hit her right cheek, so it was his left." Mica said. Evelyn could almost hear her grow uncomfortable.

"Since he assaulted a client of the shop, dismiss him. Call Emile before you do. Small men who can hit a woman to satisfy their pride can also hit another." Evelyn said. She didn't grit her teeth, as that wasn't her style. Her hand, however, clenched into a fist angrily.

"Okay, I can do that. Should I do it now?" She asked.

"On second thought, I'll call Emile. Wait for him to show up before you dismiss him. Have the paperwork ready though." Evelyn hung up the phone, and dialed another number.

"Boss." He said in that gruff voice of his.

"Go to the thrift shop. A boy named Mike struck a female client with his left hand. Protect Mica. Warn him." She said firmly.

"How many?" He asked.

"The hand, the forearm, and the bicep." She hung up the phone, and let out a slow breath. She shook herself, and sighed. Emile would take care of it, and break three bones at a minimum. That was his warning. If he showed up at the store again, she would get Emile to break all his bones, and drag him into the forest. She learned a few things from her first lover, and that was to have no mercy for an enemy. The second was that the authorities would sometimes get in the way of justice, rather than assist.

(This is not my opinion, but the opinion of the MC.)

Once that had been taken care of, Evelyn opened a tin of tuna, mixed it with raw onion and mayo, made two sandwiches, and buttered the top side of the sandwich. The pan on the stove had heated up, and with a spatula, she flipped the sandwich onto the pan.

After she added the second one, she buttered the tops, and waited until they toasted. She made a kettle, and set up the tea cups.

Once poured, she took the tea cups into the main room and set them on the table. She went back into the kitchen, and returned with two sandwiches that were cut into quarters.

"Oh wow, that smells so good." Roberta came down the stairs.

"Roberta, did you do this on purpose?" Evelyn asked. Roberta blushed as she wore Eva's shirt, the buttons unable to be closed, so she tied the bottom closed like a halter top.

"Well, the rest is in the wash." She pouted slightly, which quickly turned into a frown. "I didn't want to wear something he touched, so I threw that shirt into the wash too." Evelyn chuckled softly.

"I don't know whether I should go to that shop and beat that guy into a pulp, or thank him." She said in a soft silky voice. Evelyn had a small grin on her lips, which made Roberta blush again.

"Come. Sit and eat." Evelyn gestured to the chair. "This will be an interesting afternoon." She rolled her eyes, and took a deep breath.  Roberta's lovely chest had some interesting views from each edge of the shirt, and although fully covered, the swell of each breast was almost in view.  Almost.

"I am so going to wear out a few pencils."

 

1