Chapter 106 Below the Cloudy Sky
169 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Third Person POV]

While that was happening in the sky down below the city... 

Lia was running through the street...

As she was running she saw a couple of droids in the path in front of her...

The droids saw her and started shooting at her with their weapons...

Lia quickly grabbed her Vector from her inventory and started shooting at the droids...

Tatatatatatatatatata!!!

Pachus!paching!pang!

The droids then started falling one by one as she kept running through...

She saw a mech amongst the droids and the mech was aiming its missile pod at her...

Pachusssssss!

Pachusssssss!

Pachusssssss!

Multiple missiles flew towards where Lia was...

"Tch!" (Liana)

Buzz!buzz!

Lia started lifting her left hand to the side...

Her left hand started buzzing with electricity and then she quickly swing her hand to the front...

"[Shock Wave]!" (Liana)

A wave of electricity shoot out from her hand and hit the missiles that were flying towards her...

As the missiles got hit the missile thrusters suddenly stop working and the missile quickly fell to the ground and exploded...

The explosion made a lot of debris and dust fly all around the place...

The mech lost track of Lia because of the dust...

Then right in front of the mech, a gun barrel thrust through from the dust into its face and it crack the eyes of the mech in the process...

As that happened Lia's figure came out from the dust and she was holding her shotgun in her hands and she quickly pulled the trigger while still having the barrel of her shotgun stuck on the mech's face...

Click!BANG!!!

As the gun fired the head of the mech exploded and the mech then crash down onto the ground...

Lisa landed on the ground and without looking back started running again...

As she was running her ears flickers...

She heard noises coming from her back...

She look back and saw a convoy of vehicles coming her way...

One of the vehicles stops right in front of her and the vehicle window was lowered...

Lisa look and saw a dwarf looking at her from the window of the vehicle...

"Missy, what are you doing running here? It's dangerous out here, you should go to the evacuation center" (???)

"Ah! I'm here to help as well! I'm a mercenary and was going to help my friend and the others who need help" (Liana)

"Oh? You are a mercenary? Quite young... Hopped on! We are also going to a place where the other is at!" (???)

Lia has a little problem with that because her priority right now is to help Cyan but...

Eli did say that she will do something about it to her so...

Lia nodded and hopped on...

The vehicle that she got in was a giant truck...

She got in and she saw the things inside the truck...

"Wa..." (Liana)

What she saw was a row of mechs right in front of her...

The mechs are rounded and bulky...

There are six mechs in total inside the truck, three on each side and some dwarfs are doing maltreatment around the place...

One of the dwarfs walked towards Lia...

"What a view right? This is our latest technology that will counter that Empire bastard!" (???)

She can only nod from the dwarf words...

(Well at least now we all be able to fight the mechs that they have if everyone uses that) (Liana)

Lia was excited...

Maybe she can be a pilot of a mech?...

"Sadly this is only for dwarf exclusive, so nobody can drive it instead of us dwarf" (???)

And her excitement diminishes by that...

Dwarf only exclusive mech...

That means only they can drive the mech...

(Well, at least I can hope to ride a mech someday...) (Liana)

Lia sighed as the truck started moving...

.

.

.

.

[Liana POV]

Criiiikkkkk!!!

The truck I was in stopped moving...

Bang!bang!bang!bang!...

I can hear gunfire outside...

Suddenly the light on the truck turned red and sirens started ringing...

All the dwarfs started going inside the mech and one by one the mech started turning on...

Some are also grabbing some weapons...

I also prepared myself...

Pachusssss!!!

Then the wall on the left and right sides of the truck started opening...

And I was greeted with a hellscape full of bullets and missiles flying everywhere...

Everyone started disembarking from the truck...

I also disembark...

As I looked around the place it seems that we are in a clearing somewhere inside the city?...

I can see a broken tower in the distance...

That's the tower where I left Cyan, Mitra, and the others...

Are they all alright?...

I shake my head a couple of times and started looking around again...

Many barricades are fortified everywhere in many places and many people are firing their guns and magic towards a wave of droids and mech out in the distance...

There's a battalion of droids and mechs in the distance shooting as well but all of the shots are blocked by the barricades around the place...

As I was looking around a lot of Dwarf Mechs started moving and started firing their weapon at the droids and mech out in the distance...

The weapon of the Dwarf mech is a giant Assault Rifle on its right hand and a giant rectangular shield attached to the left side of the mech's hand...

It's a shield-type mech with an assault rifle if I presume? a well mid-build type battle mech...

All the mechs started rushing through while firing their guns at them...

The droids don't stand a chance when I was hit...

But their mech needs a couple of hits though but some can easily get shot down when its head or other parts are destroyed...

They fired their guns and missiles at them but most of them are blocked by the shield they are carrying...

The shield is pretty sturdy to be able to block their missiles...

As for them, mechs started destroying the droids, and mechs the infantry and tanks also started moving...

As I was watching the battle I saw another convoy coming through here from another direction...

And from the convoy, I saw someone I know coming out from one of the trucks and started running...

"Mitra?" (Liana)

I saw Mitra running through...

She suddenly stop when her eyes and my eyes made contact with each other...

She then quickly run towards me...

"Lia! Cyan is-" (Mitra)

Mitra shouted at me while raising her hand into the cloudy sky above...

I nodded at her and try to reassure her...

"I know, Cyan is going to be okay there since Eli is helping her there so don't worry..." (Liana)

"B-But!" (Mitra)

"I know what you are trying to say but first calm down..." (Liana)

Mitra then started taking deep breaths trying to calm down...

And after a couple of seconds, she then started calming down, and then she looked at me with tears in her eyes...

"We can't just do nothing..." (Mitra)

"I know, and that why I'm trying to come up with a solution as well..." (Liana)

I look around and saw a couple of key points she could use as a sniping ground...

I could use the tall building here...

But...

Tatatatatatatatatata!!!

BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!

There are a lot of droids and mechs over there...

It will take a lot of time to beat them all and I don't have that time...

" tch*... Is there any way to deal with all of them I wonder..." (Liana)

Should I just brute force my way in?...

As I was thinking of a way to go there I noticed Mitra looking in the direction I was facing...

"Ah! I got an idea!" (Mitra)

I looked at Mitra as she suddenly said that...

"My place should be near here! And I got just the right thing to use in the workshop to beat them all!" (Mitra)

As Mitra said that I then notice something and I think I know what she was referring to...

I didn't even notice that my eyes were already sparkling looking at her as she said that...

.

.

.

.

5