Chapter 118 Mission Briefing Abandon Facility
127 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Third Person POV]

WUUUUSSSHHHH!!!....

In the sky above the ground...

A lone black plane was moving very fast through the sky...

Inside the plane, there were three girls and a small robot...

One of them is piloting the plane while the other is looking at something in the cargo bay of the plane...

"So... Mind telling me what is inside the giant box Clap?" (Liana)

"Eh? Ah! Boss Didn't Tell You About What's Inside Yet?" (Clap)

Lia, Cyan, and Clap were in the cargo bay of the plane looking at a large box in front of them...

Eli was driving the plane while looking at a map on one of the screens in the cockpit while also still listening to them from the cockpit...

"What I remembered he only gave us the gits of the mission... And the coordinates, nothing else" (Liana)

Cyan also nodded beside Lia as she said that...

Clap sighed and started moving towards the big box and pressed a button that was on the box...

GACHING!

Raaaaannnnnggggggg....!

Gachang!

The giant box started opening as Clap pressed the button...

After the box opened...

Lia and Cyan looked inside the box to see...

Another...

Smaller box?...

What was inside the big box was a small box with a lit on the top of the small box...

Clap then grabbed the small box with his hands...

Both Lia and Cyan have question marks above their heads as they look at the small box...

Clap then looked at us while still holding the box...

"Do Note! That What's Inside This Little Box Is Every Mages Worst Nightmare!" (Clap)

As Clap said that he then opened the lit of the small box...

And what's inside the little box was a...

Small handheld device...

.

.

.

.

[Liana POV]

"..." (Liana)

I looked at the device that Clap have and then looked at him...

"Okay... Might you... explain what this device does?..." (Liana)

I watch some anime and read some mangas about small devices that might look harmless but...

"Oh? This Device, Is A Magic Destroyer! When I Pressed This Button" (Clap)

Clap pressed the button and suddenly...

Gratak!Gratak!

"What The!?" (Elizabeth)

"Ah!?" (Cyan)

"Woah Woah Woah!?" (Liana)

The plane suddenly started shaking and started falling!?...

Cyan falls to the ground as the plane shakes and started losing altitude...

I quickly grabbed hold of something as well...

"Whups!?" (Clap)

Clap quickly pressed the button again quickly and Eli manage to stabilize the plane in the air again...

What just happened!?...

"Hey what did you do over there!?" (Elizabeth)

Eli quickly walked out from the cockpit of the plane as that happened...

I looked at Eli and...

"Wait did you-" (Liana)

"Yes, I activate the autopilot" (Elizabeth)

"Ah, that's good... That scared me..." (Liana)

But seriously...

What is that device???...

Eli looked at Clap and saw the device he is holding...

She widen her eyes as she saw that device in his hands...

"How. Did. You. Get. That?" (Elizabeth)

Clap looked at Eli and laugh out loud...

"Oh, This? I Had It With Me Since That Time!" (Clap)

"Wait... You still haven't destroyed that device!?" (Elizabeth)

I have question marks above my head as both of them said that...

Even Cyan was having a blank face while looking at both of them and still sitting on the floor...

"Hahaha! I Know! But... This Device Is Very Useful On This Mission!" (Clap)

"Okay, what kind of mission need that very dangerous DEVICE!?" (Elizabeth)

Beep! beep! beep! beep!

As both of them started arguing suddenly a beeping sound suddenly sounded from the cockpit...

Someone is calling?...

Eli heard this and quickly raised her right hand...

A small screen popped up and she quickly answered the call...

"Yes?" (Elizabeth)

[Ah! Good soo everything doing great over there? I suddenly saw your plane disappear from the screen] (Will)

It was Will that was on the call...

Wait what does he mean that the plane suddenly disappears?...

[Did Clap activate that device? Because I can already see it from here because of his sum mind sometimes...] (Will)

Eli nodded as he said that...

[... Sigh*... Anyway, other than that let me tell you why you need that dangerous device] (Will)

All of us started listening to what Will is saying...

[ Not many know what dangers lurked in that facility and nobody has managed to get out alive there] (Will)

"Well this is the high-risk high reward type of mission" (Liana)

"Yup it is, so how did all of them die anyway? All I heard is that nobody survived..." (Elizabeth)

[That's the gits of it... No one knows how they die, the thing that I know from a source somewhere is that there are a lot of high-energy crystals everywhere, and then the communication was cut out] (Will)

Eli narrowed her eyes as Will said that...

"There's no way that just a communication will make a noble or even anyone carved very badly to send out that many airships into that place" (Elizabeth)

[I know... But wise enough there is someone out there that manage to grab hold of the crystal inside the factory, once they examine it there are a lot of people going loco for that crystals] (Will)

"I see" (Elizabeth)

As Eli said that a question popped up inside my mind...

"Wait, how did they get the crystals when nobody actually manage to get out alive?" (Liana)

[That... I do not know, but someone manages to do it somehow, and because of the powers it has inside the crystal was known as one of many top energy sources in the whole region... It's just that it's hard to grab hold onto one and they are alternate sources that are easier to get than this] (Will)

"Wait so why are we getting this one if there are others that are easier?" (Liana)

[If it's about that, It's because of its trait] (Will)

I and Eli looked at each other as Will said that...

What kind of trait?...

[This crystal... Is not only the best source of energy but also the most dangerous for its trait to absorb mana from the air... And anyone who touched it, it was named the Devil Gem because of its beautiful glowing Crimson colored crystal] (Will)

I opened my eyes a little as Will said that and Eli just stayed silent a couple of seconds before opening her mouth...

"It's not just that is it?" (Elizabeth )

[Yes, all of you do know that every living being has mana in their body right?] (Will)

All of us nodded as Will said that...

Well, mana also counts as energy for your body and it's bad if you overused your mana too much like what I experienced...

I hate running out of mana...

[This thing also can crystalize mana and it's very fast too... That is very bad for anyone that has mana because...] (Will)

"They will also crystalize right?" (Elizabeth)

[Correct] (Will)

I looked at Eli and saw her murmuring something in a very small voice...

"How... Is it still exist?... No way..." (Elizabeth)

Eli...

Seems to be thinking about something...

I know that Eli has a lot of secrets that she hasn't told me yet and I don't want to pry it unless Eli opened her mouth and tells me what it is...

Even after the many years, we've been together Eli is the type of girl that kept some secrets to herself while also respecting the privacy of someone's secrets as well...

Even with our contract Eli didn't look at everything I know that might be too sensitive for me...

[Anyway, the only thing that can cancel its trait is something that deals with the opposite... And that's where that device comes into play] (Will)

Both of us looked at the device Clap have in his hand...

[It's called the mana destroyer, just like what its name is all about it's destroyed anything related to mana] (Will)

"Wait doesn't that mean that it's dangerous for all of us when it's active!?" (Liana)

[Yes and No... This mana destroyer only stops the mana around you and you will still be okay] (Will)

"Fuf*... Okay, if you say so..." (Liana)

[Anyway back to the topic, that device can cancel the crystals trait for making you become crystalize... There's also the problem that you might not be able to do magic as well so be careful full down there] (Will)

"Note" (Liana)

I get the gits of it now...

But then Eli opens her mouth...

"Then how are we going to get the crystal? I don't think we can even touch it in the first place" (Elizabeth)

[That's why I have Clap go with you, he has more knowledge of these crystals and has the means to get them within his storage] (Will)

All of us looked at Clap...

"Oh Shucks, No Need For That! It's Only Just Drilling!" (Clap)

[Anyway... That's all the things you need to know... The crystals are located deep in the facility, and I already marked your way in, you won't be going from the main entrance because I can bet they will go there so you all will be going through the back entrance, with that said... I wish you all the best of luck!] (Will)

And after Will said that he closed the call...

All of us looked at each other...

"Okay, guess it's about time we get ready" (Elizabeth)

Me and Cyan nodded...

While Clap just kept holding the device in his hand...

.

.

.

.

2