Chapter 148 Divided and Scattered
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Third Person POV]

Step!Step!Step!Step!...

Step!Step!Step!Step!...

Step!Step!Step!Step!...

Inside the dark storage room, the enemy squad regroups in the middle of the room...

The middle room was a + section with four paths that branch off to multiple paths along the way to the two entrances...

Since they only have seven people and one is injured the one that was keeping watch was not that even...

One path was watched by one soldier while the other was tending the wounded...

One was watched by team leader 2...

And the other two sides were watched by the two power suits guys each...

Squad Leader 1 was thinking about how to get everyone out of there without any more casualties but it's hard to do that in this room...

They are now trapped in this giant storage room filled with tall metal shelves filled with items...

Both of the entrances they came from were closed...

The power suit users may be able to get the door opened though...

So they only need to go to the entrance that they came from...

After laying out the plan he quickly calls the other squad leader to him...

And then they call the others to inform them about the plan...

But as they were discussing...

PLANG!

"Ouch!?" (Soldier ?)

Platak!ratak!ratak!......

Something fell from above them and hit one of the soldiers in the head before rolling on the floor...

They shine their flashlight at the object...

And they shiver at what they saw...

What they saw was a bloody helmet... 

Especially the helmet of one of their soldiers that was consumed by the darkness before...

In the middle of the helmet was a slashing hole right between the visor...

The slash seems to be that of a knife...

Blood traces can be seen on the helmet...

But the most tense part was...

That the helmet falls from above them...

They all slowly looked up and shone their headlamp above them...

What they saw was not what they were expecting...

What they saw was a large container made of steel dangling above them...

Pling!ting!ping.....

And something just falls off from that dangling container...

What falls off was multiple screw bolts...

Ratak!Ratak!Ratak!...

"!? SCATTER!!!" (Squad Leader 1)

GACHANG!!!

The giant steel container falls from above as they scatter away...

BACHING!BOOOMMMM!!!!!

The container impacted the ground and was now blocking the middle way...

And as that was happening they are now divided into four...

One side only has one power suit user, another side has squad leader 2 and a power suit, another side has the soldiers and the wounded soldier, and the last side only has squad leader 1...

They looked at the container that was blocking their path...

It seems that it was quite tall so they can't climb up on top of it and it seems that its side has a very strong steel that may be hard to destroy...

Not to mention...

"Hehehe~...." (???)

They heard giggling echo through the place...

And that makes it even more tense...

That means that that thing was here with them...

They don't know where the enemy is, or how many there are, and all of them are now divided...

Their morale is getting lower and lower the more they think about it...

But one by one each side started moving and started to find a way to regroup with each other as fast as they could...

And thats...

"Where the hunt begins~" (Zenia)

Zenia looked from above the tall metal container as the enemy walked deeper into the storage room...

She smiled as her plan was working as she had planned...

And she then started moving again to start her next plan...

.

.

.

.

[Soldier POV]

"Agh..." (Injured soldier)

"Dammit... We were divided, great" (Soldier A)

Looking at the tall container that was blocking the way we can't do anything but keep our heads up and move forward...

The other soldier helped the wounded one up on his legs and then looked at me...

"So what now?" (Soldier A)

"We find a way to Regroup..." (Soldier B)

That's the only way we can get out of this place...

As both of us were discussing the way...

Suddenly...

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!" (Injured Soldier)

We both were startled by the sudden scream beside us...

The injured soldier was pointing toward something...

We looked over where he was pointing but what we saw was nothing but the tall container...

He was pointing towards the top of the container but...

We didn't see anything up there...

"Nothing is there..." (Soldier A)

"Are you okay?" (Soldier B)

We were both confused but he kept screaming...

"S-S-SHES THERE!!!" (Injured Soldier)

He kept pointing at the empty spot... 

Both of us were still confused until he quickly left us and started running deeper while screaming...

"H-hey! Wait!" (Soldier A)

"Stop!" (Soldier B)

We were startled but we quickly tried to catch up to him...

Little did we know that something was really there where we didn't see anything...

.

.

.

.

[Zenia POV]

"Huh... Seems like he didn't get affected" (Zenia)

I was standing at the top of the steel container and that injured soldier was pointing right at me, but the others couldn't see me though...

He then started panic running, while others were confused and followed him...

Well, not like that's a problem anyway...

I looked at my phone in my hand as the enemy soldiers ran deeper...

The phone was glowing red with multiple red dots scattered around the screen that had a small Z symbol on top of all of them except for one...

Let me tell you a simple trick on how they didn't see me...

It's pretty easy~...

I just hacked their visors!...

I am very good at hacking and...

Thanks to my phone having a very complex mechanic inside it's easy to hack something just by moving my phone near them...

I could make myself invisible in any view, turn off their gears, or even control something like droids or machines...

As long as I can hack it though!...

But it was quite limited if it comes to its usage...

Because it uses a lot of power to keep it up and running and the battery ran out very fast...

So I usually used it to make myself invisible to any cameras, visors, or anything that involved sights and pictures in their technology...

From what I see it seems that the injured enemy soldier has his visor turned off because it broke...

And that's how he can see me...

"Hehe... This will be fun" (Zenia)

If they all turned off their visors they would easily see me if they looked hard enough but it's still not easy though to spot me in this darkness...

Since I am also a vampire~...

I then started walking again...

Following the soldiers that have started running deeper into the storage room...

By the way...

This is quite a big room...

Someone can easily get lost if they are not careful...

But all of them are scattered now so it's easy for them to get lost...

And that's good for me...

"Because..." (Zenia)

I started raising my lips a little and slowly whispered to myself...

"It's easier for me to hunt them one by one instead of a group" (Zenia)

.

.

.

.

1