Chapter 18: Eighteenth birthdays can be fun and then there’s also your girlfriend [REDACTED]
769 9 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I apologize if the descriptions of alcoholic beverages are inaccurate! I haven't had wine or whisky before, so I don't know what they taste like.

 

Two and a half months later, it was Rose's eighteenth birthday.

 

Two weeks earlier it had been Kira's. A week and a half before that, the two had moved out of their parents' houses and moved into their own house. It was a small, cozy home that was located near the forest that Gloria and Mary had lived in, although Gloria had moved in with Haden, as the two were dating.

 

And now they were on their way to a bar. As a celebration, they were going drinking with Feyrin, Haden, Gloria, Izzy, and Natalie.

 

Feyrin had been a bit unhappy about the two humans learning about the vampire world, but she eventually gave in. Although it had involved Rose giving Izzy and Natalie a minor mark. It didn't do anything other than alert Rose if they were in danger and ward off other vampires, but it was still interesting.

 

Now they were getting ready, which mostly involved putting on fancy clothing.

 

Rose exited the bathroom and walked into the living room. She was dressed in a black dress that showed a decent part of her cleavage. Kira, who was wearing a similarly styled blue dress, leaned in with a kiss.

 

"You look hot," She said, smiling.

 

"I know," Rose said. "You ready?"

 

"Yep," Kira said.

 

Rose opened up a portal and the two stepped through. They ended up in a small alley that was near the bar they were going to. When they walked out, they found Haden, Gloria, and Izzy already there.

 

"Happy birthday!" Haden said, giving Rose a small wrapped box.

 

"Thank you," Rose said, smiling. Then a small crackling sound came from the alley and Feyrin walked in. Right after, Natalie came jogging up to them.

 

"Alright, let's get to this!" Izzy said brightly. They all went into the bar and sat down at a small table in the corner. When the waitress came over to order, the others gave suggestions for what Rose and Kira should drink. Even though Kira had turned eighteen two weeks earlier, she had waited for Rose before doing anything.

 

"I say just go with a beer," Haden said. "Classic alcoholic beverage. Best one."

 

"I would recommend one of the wines," Feyrin said. "Probably one of the fruity ones."

 

"I want to try wine," Kira said.

 

"I think I'll get a whisky," Rose said. "I've heard they're good."

 

"I'll take the regular wine, and she'll have the fruit combo," Feyrin said, ordering for herself and Kira.

 

"Beer for me," Haden said. Gloria also got a whisky, Izzy got a beer, and Natalie got some shots.

 

After a few minutes, their drinks arrived.

 

Haden immediately started on her drink. Feyrin took a small sip while Izzy took a large gulp. Natalie took one shot and closed her eyes.

 

"Whew," She said.

 

Rose took a tentative sip of her whisky. It had a strange, almost sweet flavor to it that was delicious. Rose gulped.

 

"That's good," She said.

 

"I agree," Kira said. She tried a small mouthful of wine and a fruity flavour filled both her and Rose's mouth.

 

"Mm," Rose said. "I was not expecting that."

 

"Ooh, let's take a drink at the same time!" Kira suggested.

 

"What would that be like?" Gloria asked.

 

"Let's find out," Rose said. "On three. One, two three!"

 

The two drank a small bit of their drinks at the exact same time. Rose had expected the drinks' flavors to mix, but instead, she could taste each one separately. The fruity tang of the wine was twined around the almost sweet flavor of the whisky without mixing.

 

"Huh," Rose said. "They don't mix."

 

"That's weird," Haden said. "And interesting."

 

For the next several hours they had drinks.

 

Then, when they had all been on the receiving end of a spell that (mostly) cured drunkenness, they left.

 

As they got near the alley, though, Kira stopped and turned to face Rose. Pure feelings of love ran rampant through their connection and Rose's heart sped up.

 

Kira knelt on one knee.

 

"Rose Raynin," She said, pulling out a small box from her pocket. "Will you marry me?"

32