12 – The Whitest Rose Dressed In Black
54 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up after having passed out from exhaustion has been far too common an occurrence in recent times, for Varzath’s tastes.

What does an honest Demon Lord have to do to find some time to rest these days?

“He’s awake…”

Forcing his tired eyelids to open, Varzath realizes he was moved to his bed again.

Zorzazeth clings to his body, hugging it tightly as she sleeps soundly, while Salmorol sits near the bed’s headboard with a small wry smile on her face, and Biranal hangs nearby, still naked, looking somewhat lost and out of place.

“Great…” Varzath murmurs, “My three least favorite creatures in all of existence at present…”

Salmorol and Biranal exchange a glance, before the former clears her throat.

“I told Biranal she could move, considering the circumstances. If needed, I’ll take Milord’s punishment in her stead.”

Varzath grimaces. “I believe there has been enough punishment for one night.”

Birinal releases a small sigh, dropping her shoulders almost imperceptibly in relief. Her inner thighs carry three red marks that have yet to heal, which means Varzath must’ve missed at least two tail strikes during his fight with Zorzazeth… Lords, he needs new company.

Speaking of which…

“Why is she attached to me like some sort of octopus?” Varzath grumbles, glaring toward Zorzazeth’s figure as she continues to sleep peacefully against his chest.

“She wouldn’t let go of Milord,” Salmorol explains, sounding apologetic, “Even after I threatened her. She said I’d have to break her arms and legs…”

“Of course she did…” Varzath murmurs, then sighs. “I can’t possibly sleep like this. One of you idiots wake her up. I can’t move, and I’d rather not scream.”

At least he doesn’t have a headache… Salmorol is good at what she does.

“I’ll do it,” Salmorol says, conjuring a ball of water above her hand.

“You drop that on top of me, and I’ll have you as Zorzazeth’s fuck toy for the next century,” Varzath threatens, causing Salmorol to freeze.

Of course, he’ll only stay for another couple of weeks, but she doesn’t need to know that.

Evaporating the water with an awkward look on her face, Salmorol clears her throat. “Biranal, if you could…?”

Biranal steps forward, a gust of wind bursts forth, and she appears above the bed, stepping near Zorzazeth’s body.

“Wait, be gen-” Varzath starts, but Biranal is already moving, grabbing Zorzazeth by her nape as she throws her body across the room as easily as one would a small toy.

Hopefully on purpose, Biranal aimed for the bathroom entrance, and the noise of splashing water, followed by a scream of surprise, soon follows.

Varzath still has his mouth slightly opened by the time Biranal shrugs, looking utterly unapologetic.

“What? She said she likes pain.”

Varzath sighs exasperatedly. “You’re impossible. You do realize this entire fiasco was orchestrated by your selfishness?”

Biranal grimaces. “Right. My selfishness, definitely not My Lord’s. Because everything you do is perfect, and everything will be fine as long as we obey your every whim!”

Varzath glares at her. “I told you I was tired.”

“Well, I’m sorry I was selfish for once! I’m sorry My Lord’s possible death made me desperate enough to do this!”

Varzath blinks. Leaning against the bathroom’s entrance, now drenched, Zorzazeth’s freezes, while Salmorol’s eyes widen.

“Milord, is that…?”

Biranal raises an eyebrow, ruby eyes gleaming with mischief. “Oh, My Lord hadn’t told them yet? I’m so sorry…”

Varzath groans. “Fine, I get it, you had your fun ruined, and so I shall also have mine. Do as you must, but whatever you decide to do, love, make sure you won’t regret it later,” he threatens sweetly, smiling at her.

Biranal growls from deep within her throat, dragon-like, then jumps from the bed, heading toward Zorzazeth with murder in her eyes.

Zorzazeth stares at the approaching dragon in confusion for a whole full second before her expression changes to one of fear and she begins to back away toward the bathroom, from where she just came.

“W-wait, Milord promised she wouldn’t hurt me!”

“Well, does it look like I can stop her?” Varzath retorts bitterly, “Sometimes, I break my promises, and besides, she probably won’t kill you.”

“Probably?!”

And then Biranal is on top of her, kicking Zorzazeth’s stomach hard enough to send her flying again; The noise of splashing water is soon to follow.

“Should I…?” Salmorol asks uncertainly, glancing from Varzath to the bathroom and then back, “I could probably stop her… I think?”

Varzath snorts. “Maybe, but not without destroying my bedroom first. Just leave them, I’m sure they’ll reach some sort of understanding eventually.”

Zorzazeth screams, then stops abruptly.

“See? They’re already getting along.”

Salmorol looks at him exasperatedly, but doesn’t insist, instead, releasing a small sigh as she changes subject, “Is it true? What Biranal said? That Milord might die soon?”

Varzath grimaces. “It is a dangerous mission, and I’ll be gone for a while… Maybe a long while. Sunnazoth or Zugdradak will take care of things in my absence.”

Salmorol’s gaze widens. “I… This… Is it truly necessary? For Milord to go personally…?”

“Yes, it is.”

Salmorol sighs, then averts her gaze. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

“You could stop Biranal from driving me insane… Well, actually, there’s something. Tell me, out of the two, who would you have become the Domain’s new ruler?”

Salmorol frowns, perhaps in virtue of his choice of words. She takes a moment before answering. “…Zug, I suppose? He’s driven by his lust, but other than bitter ex-lovers, I don’t recall ever seeing or hearing that he’d hurt anybody or abuse his authority.”

“…You think he could handle it?”

“For a while? I think so.”

Salmorol meets Varzath’s gaze with a look that makes it clear she doesn’t believe his euphemism about a dangerous mission. But then again, she can’t exactly force the truth out of him.

“Thank you. I’ll take your opinion into consideration.”

“…Meaning Milord already chose Sunna?”

Varzath smiles. “Maybe. It depends on her.”

Salmorol sighs. “Fine... I could put Milord to sleep, if Milord so wishes. I’ll stand guard and make sure the other two go to their rooms in one piece once they’ve tired themselves out.”

Varzath laughs. “Just help me stand, I’ll do something about them.”

Salmorol frowns and opens her mouth as though about to protest, then shakes her head. “Milord shouldn’t exert himself beyond this point. There’s only so much I can heal before the body rejects the magic, or gives in despite it.”

Varzath rolls his eyes. “I’m quite aware of how healing magic operates. Besides, I’m not planning on getting hurt or exerting myself beyond this point. Trust me, Biranal needed a moment to vent, but she’ll listen now.”

Salmorol looks doubtful, but sighs, waving her hand in his direction as she creates a gust of wind which raises his body, gently, and places it on the ground, standing near the footboard.

Varzath glances toward Salmorol, raising his eyebrow; Although simple looking, such control is extremely impressive for a wind spell.

The petite demon shrugs, ignoring his silent question. “Is Milord able to walk on his own?”

Varzath gives a step forward, then stops, glancing toward his shaking legs.

“Slowly… If I fall, throw cold water on the other two.”

Salmorol snickers, then catches herself, placing a hand above her mouth. “Sorry… Is Milord serious?”

“Extremely.”

One careful step at a time, Varzath begins to cross his room as he heads toward the sound of splashing water and whispered voices coming from his bathroom.

At some point, Salmorol must’ve used her magic to clean the mess created by his fight against Zorzazeth, since no other signs of it remain other than his missing vase... He was serious about not caring for it though.

Arriving near the entrance, and closely followed by Salmorol, Varzath stops as he takes a look inside. He didn’t know exactly what to expect, but the figure of Biranal, half submerged in the water as she arches her back and moans is certainly far from his wildest expectations.

If not for knowing how sharp her senses are, Varzath might have even believed she did not notice their approach, considering her eyes continue closed.

Zorzazeth is nowhere to be seen, but with one of Biranal’s hands remaining firmly underwater, he has a good idea about what might’ve happened to the other demon…

Entering the bathroom as he approaches the water, Varzath clears his throat. “Okay, that’s enough. You’ve made your point.”

Still moaning softly, and now moving her hips slightly, Biranal finally dignifies their presence with a look as she lowers her head and opens her eyes, her pupils slitted and eyelids narrowed in his direction.

“No love? My Lord must be serious…”

Arriving at the edge of the water, Varzath stops and sighs. “I see you’re still angry. Take it on me if you must, but leave Zorzazeth out of it.”

Biranal growls. “She ruined it… Our night together… One of the last we might have…”

“Love, you’re not thinking straight. The choice to ruin our night was mine. After what she said, I couldn’t simply let her walk away. We’ll have more nights, I promise. Now let her go.”

Biranal laughs bitterly. “Sunnazoth was right… Always playing your games… Treating us as toys to be played with…”

“Do you really believe what I do is just that? Play games? That I treat you as toys?”

Biranal purses her lips, snarls, then curses, summoning her wings as she jumps from the water and lands near the entrance, heading into the bedroom without another look in their direction.

“Go after her,” Varzath tells Salmorol, “Stop her by force, if you must, and bring her back.”

Salmorol nods, then runs after Biranal.

A couple of seconds later, Zorzazeth’s eyes pop above the water, staring around apprehensively.

Varzath snorts. “She’s gone, you can come out now.”

Zorzazeth emerges, taking a deep breath only to start coughing immediately after.

As she regains her bearings, Varzath stares at the pool’s edge, wondering what are the chances he’ll make it to a sitting position without embarrassing himself… Well, he supposes Zorzazeth and him are beyond the point of being embarrassed around each other by now.

Preparing himself for the worst, Varzath crouches, feels the world around him bending, and then his ass hitting the floor, hard.

He curses.

“Milord?!”

Varzath waves dismissively. “It’s nothing. I’m just tired.”

Zorzazeth doesn’t seem convinced, but since he’s fine, and now sitting as intended, she approaches him without making further comments, until she’s standing at the pool’s edge in front of him.

Kneeling in the water, her eyes reach a little above his stomach, and Varzath smiles at her as he pets her head and moves a lock of wet hair away from her eyes.

It takes a moment, but the concern in her expression eventually melts away as she smiles back at him.

“Is what Mistress Biranal said true? Is Milord…?”

“Dying? No. But I’ll head out soon, for a dangerous mission, and I might not return... Even if I do, it might take a long time.”

Zorzazeth’s eyes widen.

“I… I can’t stand the thought of Milord dying… Not after everything you’ve done for us…”

Varzath groans, rolling his eyes. “I’m not dying. And you’ll do fine without me for a while.”

Zorzazeth sighs exasperatedly. “I take it Milord wishes me to keep quiet about this?”

“It’d be most appreciated. Also, I believe Biranal would be rather upset if you shared her bedroom preferences with the others; I know it might be tempting, considering the way she treated you, but I’d advise against it.”

Zorzazeth shudders. “I think she’d just kill me. No threats, or torture, she’d just find and kill me.”

Varzath nods. “You did well to not fight against her. Even had you used your magic I doubt the result would’ve been any different.”

Zorzazeth smiles like a kid after receiving a compliment from their usually strict parent. “I thought it might make her angrier if I tried something, or teleported away. Better to give her a way to vent now, while she’s just upset and frustrated… Also, I am sorry for having ruined her night. Milord didn’t need to-”

“Stop. My reputation would have been ruined had I allowed a woman to exit my room crying and unsatisfied. I’d have never lived it down.”

Zorzazeth raises an eyebrow. “And I assume it doesn’t count if said woman has been the one rejected?”

Varzath nods seriously. “Of course. It doesn’t count if I don’t try.”

Zorzazeth laughs, then lays her head against his thigh as she turns and meets his gaze with honest gratefulness in her pale green eyes.

“…Thank you. I had heard the stories… But Milord is kinder than any of them had ever led me to believe…”

Varzath grimaces. “What part of what I did to you made you think of me as kind, exactly?”

Zorzazeth smiles knowingly. “Milord can pretend if it makes it easier for him, but we both know why Milord started that fight. From now on, I’ll try… I’ll try to move on. I can’t have something of the sort happen again… Or Biranal might actually kill me,” Zorzazeth finishes, grimacing as she does so.

In truth, Zorzazeth gives him far too much credit. Had she left, the night would’ve been ruined regardless, and besides, he was only half joking before; the idea of inviting a woman to his room and then having her leave unsatisfied is unacceptable, considering his position… And so, he gave her what she wanted, and perhaps needed, but it was a matter of pride and necessity, not selflessness.

“Well, I wish you luck… Actually, Sunnazoth might be able to help you. I heard she has similar issues.”

Hopefully, they’ll help each other, and leave him alone. Other than his training, he does not need, or desire, additional beatings anytime soon.

Zorzazeth hums. “I might ask her about it. Does Milord think she’ll whip me for trying to approach her?”

Varzath raises an eyebrow. “Would she?”

Zorzazeth shrugs. “She has done it for less. Sometimes, she’ll punish some of the boys for looking at her the wrong way… Though I heard some of them quite liked their time spent with her.”

Varzath grimaces; Sadistic bitch.

“How long ago was the last time she punished somebody?”

Zorzazeth meets his eyes, her expression thoughtful. “Now that I think on it… It might have been a decade or two… But before that, she used to do it so often…?”

Varzath smiles. “You can approach her. As long you’re respectful, I doubt she’ll whip you.”

“Really? I guess something must have happened… And if Mistress Sunnazoth can change, then I must also be able to do it.”

Zorzazeth smiles, and the hope in her eyes is almost painful to look at. Well, it is no longer his problem, as he won’t be around to see the results of her efforts.

“Don’t become too good,” Varzath warns her.

“Wouldn’t dream of it…”

At this point, the noise of a door being slammed followed by a pair of approaching footsteps indicates Biranal and Salmorol have returned, hopefully, both still in one piece.

Varzath turns to watch their entrance in time to witness Salmorol waking in, now wearing her white robe once more, with a carefully neutral look on her face. Biranal is soon to follow, still naked, her gaze turned away from the three of them as she stops and crosses her arms, obviously still angry.

Varzath shakes his head incredulously, knowing she’ll notice it even if she’s seemingly looking away from him. “Did you really storm outside naked?”

Biranal purses her lips, her cheeks growing redder as she replies, “Why? Why did you call me back?”

“Love, you’re throwing a tantrum. So far, I have done nothing but what I thought was the best for the both of us, and the Domain. Do you believe otherwise?”

Biranal lowers her gaze, then grimaces. “…I’m not throwing a tantrum,” she murmurs.

Varzath smiles. “Sure. Point is, what you’ve said about this being one of our last nights together made me realize I don’t wish for it to end this way. Well, I can hardly move, but that doesn’t mean the night cannot be salvaged… And we both know you’re still horny.”

Biranal remains silent and unmoving for a moment, then nods. Her expression stays clouded. She does not look at any of them.

Varzath snorts silently. Oh, to be young again…

“I’m glad you came around. However, before we start, I believe Zorzath has something she wishes to say. Doesn’t she?”

Varzath glances toward the Succubus hiding between his legs, ignoring the look of betrayal she throws him as he prompts her with his eyes to move.

Realizing she has been driven into a corner, Zorzezath clears her throat, then moves away from him in order to climb out of the shallow pool, giving the room a nice view of her wet breasts and ass as she does so.

Approaching Biranal, who is actually slightly shorter than her, she smiles awkwardly. “I’m sorry, Mistress Biranal, for having ruined your night. Truly, I did not mean to make it about myself, or my fucked-up past. Milord is far too kind for his own good… But you already knew that.”

At last, Biranal looks at her, ruby eyes cold and hard as steel. She stays silent for long enough to have Zorzazeth fidget.

“…On your knees.”

Zorzazeth throws Varzath a quick, slightly panicked glance… Then Biranal’s tail cracks the air, and she hurries to obey, staring up toward Biranal as one might their impending doom.

“S-sorry?”

“…I don’t care for your apology, insect. But tell me, was it good?”

Zorzazeth smiles awkwardly. “Milord? By far the best orgasm I’ve ever had…”

Zorzazeth’s voice trails off as Biranal’s expression grows from clouded to a full-on storm.

“I see.”

Biranal’s body is like a spring ready to bounce, however, to Varzath’s surprise, she does not move immediately, instead, looking at him as though asking for permission.

“Is this fine? My Lord always fucks them whenever he wants, but I’ve never done it.”

Varzath blinks. In his defense, he blames his exhaustion for taking so long to catch up on what she means.

“…Well, performing sexual service is a part of their job description, both to me, other high-ranking demons to visit the palace, guests from other Planes, or really, anyone I tell them to…” Seeing the way Biranal is looking at him, Varzath grimaces. “Don’t give me that look, they knew what they were signing up for. And I’m not forcing any of them to stay either.”

Zorzazeth nods hurriedly. “Lord Varzath speaks the truth, Mistress Biranal. We Succubi need sex in order to survive, and all the choice we have is the where and how… And often, not even that. But the palace is a safe place for us… Milord makes sure we’re protected from cruelty, well-fed, and cared for… In fact, it wasn’t easy being selected to work here. Mistress Bulramal wouldn’t allow just anyone to walk in, and last I heard, the line of applicants was a couple of books long.”

Varzath raises his eyebrow. Bulramal tends to handle matters related to palace staff, and so he never knew the line was this long…

Biranal glances toward Zorzazeth, taking in her words, then frowns. “Am I so unpleasant you’d rather fuck random guests that visit the palace?”

“I believe, my love, the reason for your confusion lies in a misunderstanding,” Varzath supplies, “Rather than being unwilling to fuck you, as you’ve put it, she’s afraid you’ll kill her for saying or doing the wrong thing. Take it from someone who has had the unfortunate fate of having been in many similar situations, nothing kills the mood faster than wondering if you’re about to be slaughtered for licking too slow, or too fast.”

Biranal blinks, glances at Zorzazeth’s kneeling figure, then widens her eyes toward Varzath.

“Of course, I know you wouldn’t kill any of our subjects without a very good reason, at least not in your right mind,” Varzath continues, “But Zorzazeth doesn’t.”

Biranal cringes. “Is that… Is that really why you’re so afraid…?” she eventually asks, now looking toward Zorzazeth almost as if afraid of what she’s going to see.

Confused looking, Zorzazeth takes a moment to answer. “Perhaps… Mistress Biranal is not aware of her own strength? Anyone would be scared…”

“But I…” Biranal clenches her teeth, shaking her head, “Had I wished you dead, you’d already be so…”

Looking frustrated and confused, Biranal steps back and then averts her gaze. “You can rise… I’m sorry, My Lord, but I don’t believe the night can be salved after all… I suppose I’m just not cut for this sort of thing…”

Varzath rolls his eyes. “And you’ve taken a whole half a night of trying to figure that out… Zorzazeth.”

Still kneeling, Zorzazeth glances toward Varzath with an exasperated look which hints at the fact she might already know where this is going. “…Yes, Milord?”

“Tell me what you think of our esteemed, currently present General Commander; The most honest truth, please.”

Zorzazeth glances toward Biranal, now staring at her expectantly, if almost shyly. She shakes her head. “If I die for this, Milord has to promise to care for my family…”

“Demons don’t have families.”

She laughs, although her eyes are serious when they meet his gaze. “…Then, instead, does Milord promise he won’t forget the time we spent together?”

“You won’t die,” Varzath retorts, “But sure, I promise. Now get on with it at once.”

Forget the disaster this night turned out to be? He doubts he’d be able to even if he tried.

Zorzazeth takes a deep breath, then raises her head and meets Biranal’s gaze as she begins, “Among us, Succubi and Incubi, Mistress Biranal is known as the Whitest Rose Dressed in Black. The mere mention of her name has us trembling, and we often speak of her in whispers, for fearing her enhanced sense might catch our words in the wind, attracting her wrath…”

Biranal blinks.

“…She’s our worst nightmare taken form, for we know she wishes to take our Lord away from us, and that if anyone may ever succeed, it’ll most likely be her… But also, she’s part of the reason we’re able to sleep at night, knowing she’ll lead our armies were the need to arise…”

Biranal raises an eyebrow.

“The boys tend to make bets about the women of the palace, about who of them will be able to seduce them first… But I’ve never heard of a single bet being made about Mistress Biranal. The girls often compete to see who’ll be able to attract more of Milord’s attention… That is, unless Mistress Biranal happens to be present at the palace, in which case they’ll lower their heads and stay out of sight as much as possible.”

Varzath snorts to that.

“As for what I personally think of Mistress Biranal…” Zorzazeth pauses, licks her lips nervously, then narrows her eyes toward Biranal and smiles mischievously, “She’s nothing more than a beast disguised in human form, desperately trying to pretend she belongs among the sheep she was born to hunt… My heart seems about to explode from my chest anytime our eyes meet, and I think she can hear it. I’m afraid to turn my back, and I’m afraid to look away…”

“That’s enough,” Biranal murmurs, voice hoarse. By this point, her irises are nothing but slits as she stares toward Zorzazeth’s keeling form, whose breathing grows more erratic by the second under the weight of her gaze.

“If I run, will she chase me, I wonder? Will I have the time to cast a single spell before she catches up? And then… And then, after pinning me down, what would she do, were I to beg for mercy…?”

Biranal growls, the sound seeming to come from deep within her chest. When she speaks, each word is pronounced carefully, almost as though it pains her to speak, “Do not… speak another word. Do not move.”

Zorzazeth freezes. Then, under Biranal’s fixed gaze, she slowly begins to crawl back.

“Stop at once!”

Zorzazeth yelps, turns around, and runs…

She doesn’t manage more than a single step.

Additional Info: Unlike humans, Demons don't need to feed very frequently in order to survive, and their dietary needs vary greatly from species to species, as well as the amount of energy they're spending, having being hurt, etc... Meaning, some demons need to feed once a week, while others, only once a year.

Autor Note:  Fyi, I've been posting this kinda slow (because it takes time to edit the chapters), but the story is done up to chapter thirtieth, just wanted to let you guys know. Also, if you're enjoying the story and would like to suport it, please consider subiscribing to my patreon (https://www.patreon.com/user?u=19088195). Every little bit helps <3

2