Chapter 3- Anger
1.7k 17 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fallen Angel was the name of the game I used to play a lot during my first year in high school. It was a new kind of RPG game with the element of romance and action added to it. At that time it gained incredible popularity amongst youngsters because of the defined character and how real the animation seemed. 

I had to change some specs of the PC to enjoy the game to the fullest and spending my money never felt better than that time. I was an avid fan of the game who played it straight for half a year. 

Its main genre was romance and action so the character interaction and the tension built up never allowed the audience to get fed up with the dialogues and the action scenes were overpowered enough to keep virtual battle-junkies engaged. 

The main character, Logan was supposed to start his journey from the renowned academy of this empire which was administered and partially controlled by the central authority itself.

Of course, the main character had a tragic past and was buffed with extraordinary powers to crush any obstacle that comes in his way which also proved to be a hurdle for his growth. His primary goal in joining the Academy was to become stronger, gain a demon hunter license, and avenge his family who got slaughtered by a high-ranking Demon General when Logan was three years old. 

The trauma helped him ignite the dormant powers and forced his awakening. 

When people generally awaken their skills and talent at the age of seven to eight, Logan had already gotten a hang of his newfound powers by the age of five and slaughtered a group of low-ranking bandits by accident. 

Yes, by accident since the protagonist has a skill that allows him to wield such strength that he himself couldn't control. Until he's fighting evil forces in the face of demons or humans, Logan is practically an indestructible and invincible force of nature.

And considering what dangers this world was crowded with, such a protagonist was much needed to maintain the balance.

Logan's goal to join the academy other than becoming stronger was to get a hold of his said powers as well. Thankfully he met many people who supported him at every difficult step of his life. 

Many heroines come to love the protagonist for different reasons and considering their distinctive nature and otherworldly beauty many people only play this game to hear their adorable voice and enjoy romance with them through the protagonist's perspective. 

Amongst those heroines, there was one who fell for the main character after a long time in the story and was hailed as the Frost princess by many back in my previous world. 

Princess Alatia Triwin Valenchide. 

One of the main female leads who had her separate arc and back story and the person whom I was currently facing. 

"You seem to have recovered sooner than I expected. " Her violet eyes never left the parchment over which she was writing something probably important, as Alatia spoke to me in a borderline indifferent tone. 

If only I hadn't regained the memories of this body I might have considered her rescuing me just out of obligation. 

"It's all thanks to my lady. " I kept my head hung low as I spoke those words. My eyes roamed over the three-piece suit I currently was wearing which was considered a typical butler's uniform in any day and age. 

Though I looked good in this attire, it doesn't change my post in this mansion. 

I, Kyle, an ex-noble and childhood friend of Alatia was now her servant and was supposed to become a major antagonist in the future. 

Even though Alatia behaves indifferently with me or anyone else, she has a soft spot for everyone surrounding her.

The reason why I was serving her despite being her friend emerges from the fact that my family was shredded down from the title of nobilities and when my father decided to sell me off to a slave trader, Alatia appeared out of nowhere and bought me in exchange of a thousand gold coins. 

Quite a hefty sum truth be told. 

In return, I was now bound with her for the rest of my life and after what she had done for me three days ago, I possibly couldn't have thought of betraying her or running away from the female lead as well. 

I was sincerely gratified by what she had done for me. Not only did she rescue me from those two monsters but dropped them to their demise right at that instance. I received the intel from the Knight commander who was also present with Alatia at that time. 

Alatia tended to me for the whole three days without allowing any single person to enter the room. The precious Phoenix tears which take millions of gold coins to buy exhausted in my treatment, that kind of abuse my body and mind have suffered from. 

I couldn't possibly express how thankful I was to the lady I serve. 

"Hmm...I was planning to take someone else as my personal attendant to the academy but now that you seem fine..."

Alatia turned to look at me or to say, she was assessing me with those peculiar violet eyes she possesses. Those eyes weren't just there for decoration or a part of her sense organs. Her eyes hold the ability to inspect the emotions—the people around her—carry for Alatia. When she advances in the story, her eyes allow her to gaze at the weak points of her opponent and even pry through any kind of obstruction or barrier. 

But at the moment, she could only 'see' how one feels about her. She must have already categorized by now that the feelings I harbor for the lady were only limited to admiration and gratefulness, which must have given her the shade of greenish blue. 

Alatia has categorized the hue every person gives off into the feelings they carry for her. Like Black means hatred or desire to kill, red means anger, pink means love, and so on. 

Originally, Kyle was supposed to fall in love with Alatia after this massive event in his life or so what I remember was the case. It has already been two years so I might be misplacing some of the things but this was a major turn point in Kyle's life which made him slowly obsessed with his lady. And in the end, Kyle's jealousy toward Logan cost him his life. 

However, now that I have taken over, that surely wouldn't going to happen.

"My lady, the carriage is prepared. " My trance was broken hearing the familiar voice of the head maid who came to inform Alatia. 

"Hmm." Humming she got up from her seat before I stepped aside and kept my head bowed in respect. 

I heard her steps walking past me and decided to take a single peak at her; out of curiosity nothing else. But when I turned my head I found Alatia  in looking at me over her shoulder as well.

I was startled to see her narrowed gaze before turning my eyes back to the ground. 

"....strange. " I might have imagined it but for some reason, I heard Alatia muttering something under her breath. 

Regardless, she finally walked out before I sighed in relief. 

'Haah...she's pretty observant... '

****

After walking out of her room, Alatia was still frowning slightly usual for her behavior. 

She wasn't a person to bother thinking about needless topics like politics and such but the matter in hand she was presented with, made her entirely baffled. 

'Does he no longer love me....but why?'

Her servant Kyle...his hue no longer contains the pink shade and Alatia was feeling uneasy about it for some reason. 

****

A/N: - Drop a comment~

56